Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #1  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Question ...Whaaaat? I'm still under my calorie limit and I am full. again.

So something weird has started happening since I came back to school from spring break. I haven't been binging. In fact, quite the opposite. I have no desire to eat. I'm not hungry, and sometimes, I have to really push myself to even get to 1000 calories a day. I'm drinking a ton of water, but that's about the only change I have made. I just ate dinner, and I feel horrible. You know that full feeling you have after you eat the entirety of your fridge? That's me right now. But all I had was a bowl of chili. I'm only at 800 calories for the whole day after that. Is this normal? I know I have to eat to live and to keep my metabolism from crashing through the floor, but quite frankly, I don't WANT to. It's not like it's intentional restriction, but could it be that maybe taking binging and purging out of the equation has caused me to react to stress and emotions in another detrimental way without realizing it? Like is there a such thing as emotional "un-hunger"? Does this ever happen to you? Should I force myself to eat more than I want for the sake of keeping my calorie intake reasonable?
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I have also found it difficult to get my calorie limit some days. Now I have bigger breakfasts and add good high calorie foods to my meals, like almonds. I know when I consistently did not meet my calorie goal, my weight did not budge, but now that I am eating more I am steadily losing about 2 pounds a week. I don't think one day will hurt you, but I would try to eat more throughout the day in the future.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

If you haven't made any major changes, you might want to check with your dr. just to be safe. It's possible your body is just confused for a minute, but do keep track. Eating too little is no better than eating too much for the sake of your health.

Take care of yourself!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

There is such a thing as emotional 'un-hunger', though I don't know what the correct term for it is. For some people it is natural to lose their appetites when stressed or depressed.

If your appetite doesn't return to allow you to eat a normal amount of calories within a week or two you should definitely see your doctor.

Any chance you've increased your caffeine intake or added any new supplements to your diet?
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I can say, that at least for me stress and emotion makes me stop eating. A few years ago when the ex bf and I broke up, I couldn't eat. I could barely coke down a bowl of cereal a day. Same thing when my father in law passed away last year, and the same thing during finals. I just am not hungry and I can't eat. I make myself, but it's hard....
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #6  
Eat Petite!

S/C/G: 307/253/157

Height: 5' 6"

I have been feeling the same way. The foods I have been eating for a long time all make me feel too full and I am getting less and less interested in eating. I have even felt annoyed having to prepare meals (I have a husband to feed) and that is unusual for me.

I see it as a time to go with the flow. If I am not hungry, I am not going to worry about it. A time will come that will change that, I am sure of it. It could be (I am only guessing) that this non-hunger is a signal that my body/appetite/metabolism is taking a break and gearing up for a re-adjustment.

Force eating....not for me. Counter productive. Hunger or lack of it is a vital sign to honor. I did enough force feeding when I binged.
three herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 157 / Ticker / 130

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, this feeling will pass. If you have had emotional eating/over-eating/binging issues, they will come back soon. Not trying to discourage you but I feel like this all the time then I'm back to eating/craving normally.

Last edited by Tia87; 04-01-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Tia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #8  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

You may be right. I'm thinking I'm going to go see my doctor tomorrow, though, as I am feeling like I might be depressed. I have noticed some other things besides my appetite like the fact that I don't sleep much anymore, feel really sad all the time, and I don't feel like doing anything except studying or going to class. The last thing I need to do is have an unintentional loss of appetite and then to fall back into anorexia. I want to live to see myself be skinny.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote