Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #16  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

-- I also use smaller bowls to eat out of; I have a pretty one with ripples around the edge that I use almost daily.

-- Small containers for snacks which helps a lot too.

-- Having PROTEINS with a bit of healthy fats, as in non-salted peanuts in a shell (which I count out and have to fit in my small container); 1 tbl soy nuts and other non-salted nuts which I count out (like almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc). I find I don't overeat them when they are plain and I allow myself so many each day.

-- being sure to eat enuff over the day; no skipping meals or snacks.

-- I also look for something more positive to do: singing; journalling; coming to 3FC's; reading; writing poems & songs; memorizing positive scriptures; meditation; prayer & praise, etc. You can't sing a happy song and be down at the same time. You can't think of positive verses & thoughts, and be down at the same time.

-- I agree with SAEF: ask yourself what is really bothering you? Be honest! Will food really help deal with that situation/person, etc? No, it won't. Look for a better solution ...

-- I focus on my health; now that I know that eating well will bring back good health. That is a better focus ...

-- Love and care about yourself; give yourself some pampering every day.

-- I go out somewhere; maybe shopping and walking and this is healthier.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-18-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote