Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/176/133

Height: 5ft 6"

Default physically struggling

to stay away from the kitchen today. I had a banana and think that was a mistake as it didnt satisfy me, just made me crave junk all the more, made me hungrier....

I'm determined to win this battle and continue to say no, but I'm seriously craving the calories right now. I've refused to buy chocolate which is good because I know if there was any here I would just eat it all until it was all gone. But even without the naughty snacks in the house my mind is racing over, "what can I eat?" and I am so tempted to make some breakfast cerial or noodles or a jam sandwich or something... anything!

I need to start somewhere or my loss will never begin and my body will never change. So enough of the, "I'll eat this now and start again tomorrow". I'm giving up binging today and saying "no" to all the intrusvie thoughts of food that keep invading my mind!

Sorry this is a bit of a pointless thread, but writing it down has just stopped me from wandering into the kitchen and grabbing whatever I could find to eat, so it's not quite as pointless as it seemed
CurlyWurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #2  
Eat Petite!

S/C/G: 307/253/157

Height: 5' 6"

It takes time to change. Hopefully you have a well defined plan and plan on working it. A plan that helped me at one point was to start with structuring my eating by setting meal times and eating whatever I wanted only at those times. When I got use to the routine, I started to structure the meals to healthier ones. One thing at a time often is the easiest way to handle major changes. After I lost enough weight to feel energy and better mobility, I then added more activity and movement to my plan. For a change in diet and lifestyle, it has to feel good and not feel so overwhelming. Take the time to journal out your thoughts and feelings about the changes, the fears and the ideas for improvements.

Hope it settles down for you soon. I know how it feels in the beginning, when how we ate to cause the weight gain is still so close to our thought patterns. Just remember, you have the power to change within you.
three herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/176/133

Height: 5ft 6"

Thank you three herring, that's a very kind and encouraging reply x You're right, nobody has the power to change things but me...
CurlyWurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Bananas can be a trigger for some because of the sugar content. Always try and combine them with amounts of protein to cut down on a sugar spike.

If you are craving calories, I would opt for a healthy protein option, like a boiled egg, etc. Something that is not as high in carbs, but high enough in protein and fat to quell your hunger.

No sugar added peanut butter (aka natural), can really help at times like this---but only if a person doesn't binge on it and can be satisfied with a tablespoon or 2.

be strong, this feeling will pass, you can do this!
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote