Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #1  

Thumbs down OCD..chew & spit? & paranoia..could this get any worse?

I've had an obsession with the number 3 for over a year now. Everything has to be done in 3's. Lame things like, i cant 'high 5', it has to be 'high 15', i cant eat unless i chew my food only 9 times (3 x 3) i buy things in 3's etc etc etc (see its there again!). Also notice i've put three problems in the title of this thread, ahhh!

Does anyone else Chew and Spit binge food? I did it once the other day when i was eating a chocolate, realising what i was doing half way through, i spat it into a tissue...thats not normal is it?!

And finally, does anyone else get the feeling that they're being stared at wherever they go? I was walking to a friends today, and every car and every person that walked past me stared at me, and its been happening everywhere i go. Either i'm that ugly or i have something on my face! Either way, its not nice!

Rant over, someone help?!

(2 lbs lost in 2 days though! shame its not 3!)
lauxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Lauxox: I have OCD with phobias and paranoia. My worst one is clenching and grinding my teeth. I take zoloft for the OCD and it has helped tremendously, especially with the phobias. Meaning I can't touch certain things One time I had to sleep on the couch for two years because I couldn't touch my bed. Another time I had to use Dunkin Donuts bathroom for about a month because I couldn't sit on my toilet. I am also a bulemic which is considered under OCD. Furthermore I can touch my mail without having someone open it and read it to me. Medication definitely helped me.

There is other medication besides zoloft like lexapro that has helped some people. There isn't a reason to live with OCD so bad if you don't have to.

Good luck and know you aren't alone in this struggle.

Sharon

artic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #3  

Thank you so much! I'm going to go to my doctor to help me with my OCD and other things too xx
Old 03-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm going to move this to Chicks In Control, I think you'll get better responses there.

to you sweetie.. and no, you are NOT ugly... quite the opposite, you are very pretty.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #5  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Maybe people stare at you cause your pretty. Your far from ugly!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #6  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

agreed, probably staring because you're pretty
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #7  

oww..i'm not but thanks guys..i was in town today with my boyfriend...and i felt them staring at me again seriously not fun
Old 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Tbh, the chew and spit thing doesn't settle well with me. I know that a lot of people do it, I sometimes do it, but I think that maybe the behavior can evolve from that. I also think that maybe you're "too negative". I'm not trying to be mean but you are indeed pretty and 2 pounds is an awesome accomplishment. I think focusing on what could've been isn't all that productive, it should be what can it be! I think that being more positive will yield more positive results in everything you do. Or at least make you feel a little better. Sometimes positivity makes me feel better.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/132.5/125

Height: 5'3

Have you ever seen the show "intervention"? There was actually a girl on there that would chew her food, and spit it back out into a cup. It got so bad that she forgot how to swallow, and had to inject 'food' into her body, because that was the only way she could recieve any nutrients. All in all, what I am trying to say is that this could be very dangerous, and you should definately tell your doctor what is going on. :]
RynKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynKay View Post
Have you ever seen the show "intervention"? There was actually a girl on there that would chew her food, and spit it back out into a cup. It got so bad that she forgot how to swallow, and had to inject 'food' into her body, because that was the only way she could recieve any nutrients. All in all, what I am trying to say is that this could be very dangerous, and you should definately tell your doctor what is going on. :]

I was going to mention this too. Chew & spit is actually a form of an eating disorder (just like binging and purging and all the others that are well known). It could very well be linked to another OCD you have but just don't know? I've heard some OCD's as being perfection to the extreme. I'd definitely worry about this and talk to someone about it.
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #11  

i havent seen that show..i thought it was a completely normal thing to do? i guess not! thanks for the advice guys
Old 03-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #12  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Lauxox, please see a doctor. My sis in law was bulimic when her daughter, my niece, was young (3-4 yrs old). My niece started doing the chew & spit as well. I'm assuming she learned it from her mother. I'm pretty sure that my sis in law is recovered, but she still has lots of issues with food and weight. Luckily my niece, now 21, is fine.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote