3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Pardon me while I throw myself off a cliff. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/194989-pardon-me-while-i-throw-myself-off-cliff.html)

bama girl 02-22-2010 05:31 PM

Pardon me while I throw myself off a cliff.

I cannot believe what I just did. I woke up this morning, saw that I had stayed stable in the past week, and was determined to have a good day. I had a slimfast bar for breakfast, grilled eggplant lasagna for lunch, and then what did I just do?

I ordered two medium pizzas from Domino's with garlic dipping sauce and just ate a whole one. And then I purged. I haven't done that in so long. I'm so disappointed in myself. And now I'm actually feeling hunger pains, but I'm afraid to eat anything else because I might start on a caloric rampage again.

To top it off, the other pizza is sitting untouched in my fridge, waiting for me to break and eat it too. It is entirely possible that I am being way overdramatic about this, but I just feel like a huge failure.

What now?

Mango30 02-22-2010 05:35 PM

douse the other pizza in bleach and put it in the trash, then take that trash out to the curb.

ThinkinThin 02-22-2010 05:58 PM

I agree it's best to get rid of the other pizza. But, other than that, don't beat yourself up. Just eat light the rest of the day and start over tomorrow. The only failure is giving up. Don't give up the fight! We're all in this together.

cherbear 02-22-2010 06:21 PM

I did the EXACT same thing today except on McD's. It was horrible. I'm so sorry for both of us. What can we do except say tomorrow's a new day, right?

NightAngel26 02-22-2010 06:26 PM

Hey, don't freak out. Most if not all of us do it sometimes. Just make sure that you or someone else gets rid of that pizza. I know what it's like to have food staring at you (I remember many half-gallons of ice cream o/O) Just start again tomorrow. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MESS UP. Just try to eliminate that bad stuff, and maybe squeeze in exercise when you feel a craving. I know it sounds crazy, but it seems to help. It's just the motivation to start that's hard.

NightAngel26 02-22-2010 06:28 PM

oh, and maybe join fitday or something...log everything...even the bad stuff. I know I feel guilty when I do.. I think it's precisely why I didn't eat a buttload of food for dinner tonight...I've already passed my regulated calories...but the damage is worse if I keep going.

bama girl 02-22-2010 06:45 PM

I think you guys are right. Plus, even without temptation, in the time it would take me to healthily eat the other pizza (correct portion sizes and for meals only), it would probably have gone bad anyway. I can have a light, healthy dinner and start tomorrow like nothing happened.

Thanks so much for being there, y'all. It's awesome to have a group of people who understand what this is like. =]

eratosthanes 02-22-2010 07:17 PM

Um, just a note to anyone who has been in a situation where they might need to get rid of some food, call your local Women's Shelter, and see if they can take it. They are usually happy for a recently purchased pizza, or other such untouched food item. Even if this means not getting it out of your house until the next day, sometimes just knowing that it is for someone else is enough to keep you off of it. If that won't work for you, of course, dump bleach on it and haul it to the curb, but if you can, let someone who might not have had a chance for something that yummy in a while have it.

bama girl 02-22-2010 10:17 PM

That is a really good idea. I did do something not quite as nice and gave it to a bunch of guys at my friend's fraternity house, so it hasn't gone to waste, but if the situation ever arises again, I will look into that.