Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ Feb. 22-28

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone,

I was totally off last week--not binging, but I didn't post at all, I wasn't keeping track of how many days I was binge-free, etc. I was busy, and I couldn't be bothered. And it bit me in the but, because then I binged last night. I think part of it was because I hadn't been paying attention to my sucesses throughout the week (or my challenging times) and so I really felt like it wouldn't matter if I binged.

So here I am, day 1 again. I know now that I have to be better about checking in!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

I am earning day 58 today.... soooo close to a major milestone of 60 days... getting very nervous about it actually... and to top it off, i am pmsing and have a head cold (colds make me super hungry)... what doesnt kill us makes us stronger - right?!?!?

com'on ladies! lets rock this week!!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 277/224/150

Height: 5'1

Good morning ladies! I was doing pretty good last week, but my best friend's 30th birthday was Friday and we went to the club, afterwards went out to eat like at 2 am.. totally blew it and overate.. I wouldn't call it a binge but just ate bad food. Then Saturday wasn't so bad but Sunday I binged a lot! So I am starting over today and trying to keep my goals in mind. My 30th bday is 3 months away and I want to lose a significant amount of weight by then so I'm trying to focus on that as motivation.
MissChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #5  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't think I can commit to being binge-free all week, but I can focus on one day at a time. Or maybe just one meal at a time. I've had breakfast, and now before I leave for the day I'm going to make my lunch to take with me. I go to a clubhouse for people with mental health issues, and lunch is provided, but I don't know from one day to the next what they're going to serve. Since I am losing weight *and* diabetic *and* allergic to corn, it's safest to bring my own lunch. If I don't, I'll either have to eat what they serve, or use it as an excuse to go buy my lunch. And we know how well eating in restaurants can help us lose weight, right?

So, for today I will make sure I eat healthful foods, when it's the appropriate time to eat, and make the next right decision. Tomorrow, I'll deal with when it comes.

Last edited by LovebirdsFlying; 02-22-2010 at 09:23 AM.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

lovebirds - great attitude!!! one day at a time!!! then all the sudden you'll realise you made it the week! and i totally agree about bringing your own food - we have a caf here at work and i bring my own lunch EVERY DAY and REFUSE to buy their food... you've got this! earn day 1
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I'm so happy and excited to annouce that this is day 14 for me!

Good luck to all of us!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/292/170

Height: 5'7"

Today I went to the corner store for some orange juice and the dorito man was stocking my favorite bag of chips. Guess what I did........
I grabbed a banana! So that makes 5 days on for me and counting
Chrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

Day 2 is done. I haven't been eating anything processed for the last 2 days, and I really find that it makes things easier.
I binged A LOT last week... I'm going to fight as hard as I can in order to stay binge free this week!
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Congratulations, Chrys! We can both do this!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Today is Day 4! I'm really tempted right now because there is a bunch of pastry-like items in the next room that have been there all day...but I'm holding strong! They don't even look good, they probably don't taste good (that's what I'm telling myself!) and I don't want to ruin all the effort I put into making/packing a healthy lunch and dinner! So, I'm admitting the temptation is there, having to resist is giving me a headache and causing some anxiety, but I WILL make it through!!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #12  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day two for me, doing good so far. I'm trying to lose the weight I gained from binging, 4 lbs. crept up on me in the last month. If I could learn my lesson and stop, I would not binge and make myself feel like crap. Then I wouldn't have to try so hard to lose the weight i gain from binging!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi chickies! I'm in for the week :-) Did pretty good this weekend considering I went home to my parents house and I'm always tempted by the junk in their house. I didn't really have a major binge but I did snack alot on Saturday on junk. Then I was out at the bar all night and we wound up eating breakfast at 4 in the morning. So I overate a bit but not anything like a flat out binge. I'm not really counting my days though....just trying to focus on what my therapist told me to do for this past week. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Day 2
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #15  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

I am VERY disappointed with myself. Instead of being on Day 4, I don't even get to start Day 1 until tomorrow. Between a small binge last night, and a MUCH larger one this morning, I had 1200 calories (I am aware of calorie amounts even when I am binging, lol, as I try to calculate it the next day) that I really didn't need. It was 5am when I ate 790 of those so, I am hungry right now, even though I have over 1400 under my belt for the day.

I am counting them in my total, but I am not counting them in my intake for the rest of the day, as that would leave me starving if I stopped when I got to 1800 like I usually do. I am going to have one more snack before supper, about 150 cal. (supper for bf and I is at 12:30 am because of his schedule) and eat what I would normally eat, which is only about 466 cal, with TONS of food, as it is spaghetti squash with vegetarian sauce.

If I stick to this it will leave me at 2029, only 229 over my goal. I also took a nice long walk this morning (to buy said squash) so that burned a few of them already. Basically, I will be at a stand-still (YET AGAIN!!!) instead of a loss, or, thankfully, a gain.

Last edited by eratosthanes; 02-22-2010 at 07:00 PM.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote