Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Wink Venting: Crappy Traditions!!!

SOOOO not fair!!!

Allllll the valentines candy is on sale now and ALLL the easter chocolate is already out! what a friggin cruel world!!!

getting so close to 60 days binge free and going to any mall or store is like a ticking time bomb right now!!!

at least i know that and i can prepare myself when i walk in - now! yesterday was a rude awakening when i didnt realise that when i went to walmart with my boyfriend (good thing he was with me!)

anyways, just wanted to vent about the stupid traditions that are allllll candy and chocolate based and really they have NOTHING to do with chocolate at all!!!

(have to give huge kudos to my boyfriend on valentines though - no chocolate at all - gave me an adorable bear to snuggle with when i cannot be with him! - and we've only been dating a month and he 'gets it' )

thanks for letting me vent!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #2  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

i agree!!!! it's like every holiday revolves around candy/food now! walgreens is seriously my favorite place. i love walking around there and looking at beauty products/magazines, but it is also a dangerous place because of the big seasonal middle isle with tons of candy. not to mention also the candy in the front, and the normal candy isle! it's like they want you to fail.

stay strong!! you already know what it tastes like, so there is no need for any more! (wish i could listen to that advice ) so if you are ever going to let loose- dont let it be in on some crappy candy that is not worth it! 60 days binge free is amazing- i have never even come close to that, but im trying!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #3  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Lol, my bf and I just bought around 5 lbs. of candy at the food salvage because it is SO CHEAP! I have to have him lock it up, but I am still eating several pieces a day. It has kept my weight at a stand-still for a week!
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #4  

it is amazing eh? thanks for the support ladies and lets keep strong over the coming month with all the food everywhere!!!

i'd love to know how the easter bunny is going to come and go and i am not going to eat everything in sight but that is over a month from now so no point 'worrying' about it just yet right!?!?!)

lets make it through today and worry about tomorrow tomorrow!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #5  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

It's sad that we all grow up with families that use food as a method of celebrating. I know my family did and they were also food pushers. That didn't help me at all when I was growing up. I was a fat kid from age 2!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #6  

ya, my mom filled my gym bag with chocolates on boxing day THIS YEAR!

I mean HELLO! I've been on this journey for three years now... get the hint!!!

at least my kids are learning some different ways to celebrate the same traditions

off to work out now...
Old 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'8 ish

man i know how you feel. i feel like i need a blind fold when i go the store haha. it is insane how every stinkin holiday is centered around lots of chocolate and candy ugh! but congrats on not binging! thats awesome
ldawg1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #8  

thanks for the support!!! so far so good! I am doing my best to avoid the temptations, or at least, have someone there with me that understands... plus i have allowed myself some 'in calorie' treats but find it hard to stop so i am glad that i am only having those treats when i am out of the house!

amazing how hard this can be on a person... avoiding something as plentiful as food...

thanks!!! lets keep on rockin' !!!