Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'8 ish

Default wow. I can't believe it!

hey everyone! I've been reading this site for a little while and I'm finally posting :] I am so happy I found this site..I've been struggling with my binge eating for about four years (im 18). I thought I was alone and no one could understand..because my parents don't at all. They think it is as simple as will power but I knew it was more than that. Reading eveyone's posts has been amazing so far..you all are such an inspiration..seriously. I've save struggled with alot of depression and BED. Seeing everyone's positive attitude and hardwork towards beating has been so helpful to me. Today is my fourth day binge free so this week has been good! It is truly a daily battle for me though it seems like its always in the back of my mind. ugh. but so far so good sorry for the long post but I'm just so thankful I'm not alone!!
ldawg1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #2  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

im glad you found this site as well! It definitely helps to see other people talk about the very thing you are struggling(alone) with. I also started to have problems with binge eating when I was a teenager and I couldn't understand why I had no willpower for dieting!! I think it was my constant dieting that caused me to start binge eating? Who knows, but the earlier you start figuring out a way to tame it and get around it, the BETTER. I wish you the best of luck- four days without a binge is GREAT!!
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Welcome aboard from one newbie to another! My binge eating started around the same time as yours - age 14. It's a terrible thing to deal with, but kudos to you for attacking it head on at a young age. You will have a brighter future if you start dealing with it now. Good for you! Glad you posted. See you around the threads.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #4  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I understand what you're going through, my BED/COE started when I was about 9 and has been going on for about 17 years now. Its great that you've gone 4 days without binging tho!! Just like with any addiction/disorder, one day at a time, one hour at a time, one craving/urge at a time is the way to tackle the problem. Just keep at it, and know you're not alone in this!
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

I developed bulimia, which turned into BED, when I was 13. There must be something magic about that age lol. I'm so glad you finally posted, way to go on your progress so far! Keep going! And when you hit a bump in the road, don't let that derail you. That's the biggest lesson I've learned. Once I messed up once, I decided I was a failure and it would be months before I'd try to stop my binging cycles again. But this time around, I've learned that this is really a process.... I still binge, but I hold myself accountable and I try to analyze it later on. What went wrong? What was the trigger? What do I need to change so it won't happen again? It's lots of trial and error but I honestly feel like I'm making progress now! And I know you can do it, too.
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'8 ish

thanks for all the feed back.the encouragement is much appreciated
ldawg1018 is offline   Reply With Quote