Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ Feb. 8 - 14

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm in! Indulged a bit over the weekend with bday party Sat night and the superbowl yesterday. And my body's totally kicking my butt for it now...but I restocked on fruit/veggies yesterday and am looking forward to a great week (hopefully!)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

working on day 44 today!!! feeling very blah though... sad and not motivated at all... at least i am work so i only eat what i brought with me and tonight i have my personal trainer so that should help me through the evening... really want to make it to day 45!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Day 3.

I engaged in some overeating on Sun, but it was too small to be a binge (IMHO) and I was still 'under' for total cal goal for the day.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

Day 8 for me. I'm feeling strong this week
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

Day 20!
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #7  

I need your advice ladies!

I am on day 20 now, I feel really good, my clothes fit ok and I think I lost a lot of water weight that my body had been retaining due to the binge eating.

Now, last time I stepped on the scale was in October. It was at the same time that I really lost control of my eating.
I stepped on the scale every morning and my weight had been fluctating, of course. I knew some of it was water, some of it actual weight gain and it made me crazy not to know. One morning I was at 132lbs even though I had been at 126lbs the previous day. I decided that this obsession had to stop.
I would get back on the wagon first, eat healthy and stop binging (at that time it was like every second day) and then step on the scale again.
Well, turned out getting back on the wagon was not that easy.

Now, after 20days of eating maintenance or 100-200 less then maintenance on some days, I feel like it's about time to weigh in.

However, I am afraid of it. I know it will be more than 125lbs. I would be ok with anything up to 135lbs. But... what if I gained way more? I think this would make me feel so out of control that I would binge.
I know this is not logical, but I'm sure that's what would happen.
So, I wonder if I really need to know my actual weight? I really don't want to be one of those living in denial, gaining it all back. But my clothes fit, so doesn't that mean I am still doing ok? Couldn't I just rely on how my clothes fit?
Maybe I should wait another week or so?

I would really appreciate your advice on this.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

ironically i am at the same place with the scale - i am on day 45 wihtout a binge and my trainer said she'd weigh me again soon (we do random weigh ins so i dont get too obsessed over them)... so i am at the gym last night, wondering if "today is the day?"... and how i would feel about loosing, maintaining or gaining... in the end, i decided it DIDNT MATTER! my clothes fit, i am healthy, eating well, feeling positive. The number I am 'caring' more about now is my days-without-a-binge and my body-fat % instead of the weight... all this to say - i totally understand where you are... and i don't have an answer since i didnt get on that scale either!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

day 8 for me.

Lizaly, I would just say no to the scale if it causes you so much anxiety. It's not like you're in denial of anything, you're working on not binging, your clothes fit well, and your weight is just a number.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Day 9 for me.

lizaly, I am at the same spot with the scale. I have made a promise to myself that I will not weigh until 3/1. Well, I did have someone weigh me yesterday but I have no clue how much I weigh. I just wanted to know that I am making progress. Anyway, I tell since I have not weighed, I have not been feeling the urge to binge. My stress is lower. I feel much better. I do think about the scale when I walk by.... just for a peek, but I promised..... so I am not.

I am hoping this helps you.... and it helps me get through this last 10 pounds.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #11  
doinTHEbestIcan

good morning ladies!

i've had many problems with binging in the past and in the present but here's a question i must ask:

what exactly is a binge?

last night i stopped at wendy's and got 5 spicy chicken nuggets for $1 and a small fry (also for a buck), i went home and combined that wit a piece of chicken breast and two (nasty) potato wedges that i'd purchased from the day before and a bottle of water.

now was dat a binge? i feel like it was been because i think any normal person would have jus had the 5 nuggets and the fries but i kno my mind can be kinda warped sometimes.

if you ladies could help me define wat a binge really is i think i can jump on this binge free challenge wit you all.

HELP!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #12  

thanks everyone!
I won't step on the scale for now. You're right saying it's just a number after all. I'm busy enough fighting the binge monster. I don't need the scale to play a major role in my life.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Hi Guys,
I've gotta start getting things under control, and I need to be accountable. So thanks for letting me post here. I've gained 18 lbs in 4 months! I've been under a lot of stress, and I guess this is my way of dealing with stress. Ridicuous, isn't it. I'm so embarrassed. I hate the way my clothes look on me. (I'm surprised I can still wear them. They must have stretched!) I feel psychologically terrible, not to mention how sloppy I feel. OK, enough whining. I promise to make this a great day. This is day Number 1 of eating normal again. Thanks for listening.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Day 4 of no binging, but: yesterday I did engage in bad behavior, it was just a tiny quantity: I secretly ate 129 cal of dry cake mix. It was a few table spoons: I ended up figuring the calories later. That must sound so gross, but I could eat and eat that stuff, that is how bad my sugar addiction is. I SHOULD NOT HAVE IT IN THE HOUSE. I occasionally cave and just buy it. I did the same thing w/ blueberry muffin mix but I think I was too embarrassed to admit it, and when I admitted here to overeating and binging I said on "blueberry MUFFINS."
Sometimes I do occasionally bake the stuff, but it’s more out of shame and to get the mix used up.

(Sure, a real baked cupcake tastes better, but I think if I bake a batch, I will be tempted to eat 6 at a time, and the frosting is a whole other story)
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

By the way, Jana, I'm not sure if that's a binge or just being hungry. A binge is eating out of contol when stressed, bored, lonely, tired, when something didn't go well, when someone said something harsh or it can be self-sabatoge. I guess you can eat out of control when you're happy,too. I seem to do it when I'm stressed, especially when I'm in front of the tv.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote