Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Am on day 26 and cannot wait to post that I made it a month!!! Tues are my 'worst' days as I drop my oldest son at beavers and have to 'kill' an hour with my youngest. In the past, I would take him to the grocery store and buy soooo much junkfood and then eat it all in the car before I had to pick my son up at the end of beavers. Those binges were probably 3000+ calories in just an hour!. So now, we just go get gas and money and then drive around for the rest of the time... listening to music and singing my way through another potential binge time! Yup, I am proud of myself today!

Keep up the amazing work ladies! You should all be proud!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

Day 1.
I had about 2000-2500 calories in half an hour last night. Today is ok. I think I will be on Day 2 tomorrow, but it's almost weekend and I am likely to screw up again. It's my nephew's birthday on Monday, too, so I am not really confident.
I wish winter was over and I would already be moving back to my own place with only healthy food in the kitchen. I can't binge on healthy food. And I never spend my money on junk. I would be perfectly fine if my parents didn't buy candy and junk food all the time.
Well, it's only two and a half months. But... I'm feeling so bad at the moment. I start wondering if maybe I will go on with this disordered behavoir, because I got used to it. I was so sure that this was only temporary. All that could help me after a binge was telling myself "hey, you know it will be over in April". What if it's going on? If it does not stop? What can I tell myself then? I need to really figure out why I binge, why it started in the first place.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #33  

Lizaly - It seems to me that you are giving yourself permission to binge and feel bad before you even do it. I know I have done this myself in the past.

You are on day one - celebrate that! Even if you have to count hour by hour for a while... be PROUD of what you've done.

My parents are awful for having crap in the house and pushing it on me (case in point - i went there over xmas and they FILLED my GYM BAG with chocolates so when I opened my bag the next day at the gym, chocolates went flying everywhere!!!)

Try to see the positive in what you've done so far today. Try to give yourself mini-attainable goals. Try to set things up positively for yourself (i.e. retreat to your room early each night to avoid the crap food or come home late or go for a walk or ???) Just like when you are going to a party "they" always say to eat before you arrive so you are not starving... try to set yourself up positively!

Think of how amazing you'll feel if you make it through the next couple of months on a positive note!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:51 AM   #34  

happytobemomof2, I think you're right, I do give myself permission. I have to work on that. I'm on Day2 today, and it feels much much better than day 1. I can do this!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Day 8 of B free, but I don't feel proud b/c I have not worked out since Monday....
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #36  

Lizaly - You go girl!!! You should be proud... Day 2 is hard... Day 3 is hard... You've got this!!! One day at a time!!! I am 27 days strong today and cannot wait to hear you are on day 3 tomorrow!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Hi everyone! I'm on Day 75 today, this is the longest I've ever gone without a binge. I wish I could cheat and still keep my count, but I guess that goes against the whole point! I keep thinking about pizza--which is weird, because it's not one of my main go-to binge foods. I think I'll make a healthy pizza and freeze a bunch of it.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #38  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Wow~ 75 days! There's alot of insperation on this thread

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I need to write how I feel down or I mgiht implode ¬_¬

Basically I had an awful day; I'm doing my A levels and had an important exam this afternoon, messed it up completely and felt awful. I just wanted to curl up in bed and try to get over it, but my mother (we have a verrrry bad relationship) has done nothing but make me incredible miserable. In the past I would make a cuppa and eat about 1000 calories in biscuits EASILY and right now I'm very tempted to do so >_< For the first time this month, I'm tempted to binge on my own free will.
But if I do, I'll feel terrible tomorrow, and even though choco biccies are tempting now, they aren't worth it >_<
So I'm going to sit here with my green tea instead
sorry for rambling~
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanks VeeDee! I was suffering last night though--seriously crying on my couch because I couldn't binge. It hasn't been that difficult for me since the first month.

I was feeling really low, for some reason, not sure why, and I just wanted to stuff myself. I thought about how I could order pizza, easily, and stuff my face, but I also thought of this thread and how much progress I've made and I knew it wasn't an option. I was feeling so depressed and guilty that I had ever binged--so those feelings of guilt without actually consuming the food! It was awful. And I just kept thinking about how I wanted to be normal, look normal, etc. I felt hopeful (becaue I knew I wouldn't binge) and hopeless (because all I wanted to do was binge, and if I couldn't do that, what was the point of anything--it just felt so important to me!)

But I didn't, and so now I'm on day 76, and feeling very nervous about keeping it up. I feel like if I fall now, it will be a bigger failure since I've come so far.

Sorry to be a downer!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #40  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Paris~ Nooo you're not a downer! Look at you, you OVERCAME your binge Another little bit of success <3 I sometimes have those kinds of days too, I swear it's when I'm cold, and it's raining outside and dark, binge food just calls >_< But having the power to overcome bingetwangs is a huge part of being in control
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #41  

VeeDeValentine, you did such a great job choosing green tea instead of binging!!
I'm on day 3, it's 8.00pm over here and I will be on day 4 tomorrow. Sundays are always a challenge, but I have plenty of stuff to keep myself busy tomorrow, so I will be doing good.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

DAY 1.

(Alas, day 8 did not turn into day 9.)
I blew it last night: I guess 600 cal is a mini binge (could have been worse).

After dinner (and I was already at the high end of my target calorie range) I just still had an urge to eat, and I gave in to chips and popcorn, then some Reese's pieces and tiny pieces of chocolate.
Could have been worse, but still.

I can make up for those extra calories moderately if I do it over 3 days. . .

Today I worked out more than usual to compensate, and we were active carrying boxes up the stairs. I plan on doing some strength training tonight too (arms).
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #43  

Height: 4'11"

I'm so freaking proud of myself because I did not binge last night. I had a pretty boring weekend - and I was by myself in my apartment watching movies last night - which ALWAYS makes me want to binge. I forced myself to stay awake until 10 PM and then I went to sleep, because I knew if I stayed awake it would make me want to eat... so I'm really proud of myself.
ravensglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #44  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Paris -- I agree with VeeDee -- even with all those awful feelings, YOU DIDN'T GIVE IN. You said no to the binge! You did it! You are so strong.

Ravensglen -- way to go! I'm proud of you too! Late-night binges are often the hardest to resist, so good for you for going to bed instead!

As for me, I've made it 19 days so far -- I'm not gonna have any problem getting to 20! The furthest I've ever made it before was 10 days, so I'm really proud of myself. I've lost 2.6 pounds during that time, and 2.4% body fat. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #45  

Day 4 today!

Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday party. I do need to have some cake, because my sister-in-law would be offended if I didn't try her stuff.
I plan on having a small piece of cake or a cup cake.
And I told myself that it's ok if it turns out to be 2 cupcakes. Or even three. That does not mean I failed. Overeating is not great, but it happens to everybody.
The important thing is that I do not binge after coming home from the party.
So, tomorrow I'll be having a reasonable day 5!
Tuesday is going to be a Day 6 for me, not Day 1!