3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   What did you say "No" to today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/190781-what-did-you-say-no-today.html)

MapleLeaf 01-13-2010 01:05 PM

What did you say "No" to today?

I thought I'd start a thread where we could record our little daily victories, since some days it's so hard to resist the urge to binge and we deserve a place to celebrate when we manage. :carrot: I hope others find the idea motivating as well.

Sometimes it feels like food is absolutely everywhere, being pushed on us at work, at home, at parties, when we're driving, when we're shopping, etc.

I'll start:

This morning I said "no" to stopping by McDonalds for breakfast, which I drive past on my way to work, and I am so happy! I always binge when I go there and it would have made me feel awful all day.

I also said "no" to donuts that were downstairs in the break room. :D

So, what did you say "NO" to today?!?

VeeDeValentine 01-13-2010 01:10 PM

Ohhh good idea!
Today I went to the cinema, and my friend bought a bag of toffee crisps chocolates, the whole bag must have been 600calories EASY. She offered me some, I said no :) I was happy with my yummy cherries ^_^

bandit2 01-13-2010 01:15 PM

Hi - I said no to homemade cookies/tarts in lunchroom.

honeybjones 01-13-2010 01:21 PM

My friend and I were getting our tea this morning and the cafe had packages of little powdered donuts which I dearly love. My friend said we should get one to split later I said Oh my gawd :o no we shouldn't!

tiffany0809 01-13-2010 01:35 PM

I said no to a bagel w/ cream cheese craving.

jennsreadytolose 01-13-2010 02:15 PM

Big Mac and fries, gotta say this salad isn't really cutting it lol but I am working too hard to mess it up now.

Aunty Jam 01-13-2010 04:42 PM

I said no to pastries that were supposed to be "SSSSSOOOOOOOO good!".

Shytowngal 01-13-2010 04:47 PM

Last night my boyfriend brought Taco Bell home for us (trying to sabotage me)! I threw all of it down the garbage chute...
I said no to Breakfast pastries/Donuts at work.

Wild Vulpix 01-13-2010 05:21 PM

Mine's not a huge feat, but saying 'no' is saying 'no'! I opted for only having 8 fish sticks (an outstanding 400 calories!! Who would have guessed that they were sooo much?) when normally I'd probably double that and try to fill up the tray with fish sticks/chicken nuggets/french fries.

paris81 01-13-2010 05:35 PM

Stopped at Blockbuster today, right before lunch when I was STARVED--said no to MOUNDS and MOUNDS of junk food. They have so much candy for sale there, you'd think it's a candy store, not a video rental place. It was really hard, I wanted to buy it all.

finn 01-13-2010 05:38 PM

double chocolate chip muffins - no thank you! YES!

Forgotten Quill 01-13-2010 05:48 PM

Greetings!

Well, today I brought my lunch to work, but as I was browsing the Internet, I saw one of those pop up banners for Panda Express featuring their "Wok Smart" menu--a selection of meals under 200 calories. Intrigued, I took the bait and visited the site.

Some of the meals looked really good, especially the tangy shrimp bowl (just 190 calories) and a veggie spring roll (340 calories because you can't really just eat one, right?) and some rice (5,000 calories) and oooooo....fortune cookies (I want about 10 of those)...

Yeah, never mind.
I ate my sandwich.
Stupid Internet banners.

Aclai4067 01-13-2010 05:48 PM

Chili's- I got a gift card for Christmas. But even their "guiltless" options aren't as low cal or a tasty as the lunch I got at Jason's Deli instead!

KristenFlynn3 01-13-2010 07:02 PM

I said no to a snikers bar. We sell them at work and I got a chocolate craving. I checked the clock it was only an hr till my next mean time so I said no thank you and had a chocolate protien shake instead

lovingsam 01-13-2010 07:16 PM

Said no to Jack in the Box curly fries. My daughter got out of school early today for final exams and wanted Jack in the Box for lunch. I took her through the drive thru but didn't order anything for myself. Came home and made a nice low cal, healthy lunch for myself instead.