Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #16  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi chicks, I'm on day 5 binge free and so far no urge to overeat. I have not bought any of my trigger foods for over a week, so if it's not here, i don't even think about it or want it. Well, that was the trick for me. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I know I can control myself from binging on Thanksgiving, I will do it! Good luck everyone!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #17  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Day 19 today. Don't really have an appetite so bingeing is not a problem right now. My chocolate lab Zena has an appt to see the vet at 1:30 today and most likely she will have to be put to sleep (she has mammary cancer). I am very sad but I am sooo thankful to have had her for the time that I did, however short it was. She is really a one-in-a-million dog. I'm going to spend some time with her now before she has to get ready to go to the vet.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 262.4/see ticker/159

I've just joined this forum but am 100% a binge eater, I hide, I eat a monstrous amount... in the last couple of weeks I've been trying to keep my binging at bay, although sometimes I fall of the wagon (maybe 5 times in the last 2 weeks... compared to binging every single day) It's a bit of an improvement, i know I have a long way to go, but I've been trying to ask myself what triggers it. I love reading everyone's tricks and tips as to not binge. I'll be keeping an eye out for new posts!
Good Job Everyone!
evolve1587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #19  
Trying Hard!

S/C/G: 207/183/158

Height: 5' 9

Default Preparing for Thanksgiving Thursday

Last night was a doozie for me. I had not eaten all day and we had a big family dinner with my parents. I pigged out! Probably over 2000 calories in one meal easy. Thank God I worked out earlier and burned 500 calories to off set it. Anyone have any ideas on how to navigate Thanksgiving on Thursday? Most of the time in our family it is an all day graze-a-thon. Huge meal around lunch time and then non stop snacking the remainder of the day. How to avoid it when you are sitting around the food all day and smelling it?
aliciabadeusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #20  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Hi chicks, Well , I really did control myself today. I didn't feel like spending the next five days losing the weight I would have gained. I had about a cup of salad w/ a tsp. of dressing, about a cup and a half of plain steamed carrots, and very little Turkey( I don't like it). That's it and i skipped lunch since we ate at 2:30pm. I was a little hungary around 7pm so I snacked on grapes strawberries and some nuts. Plus I still walked/jogged this morning. I hope you all did well, I know how hard it is to resist all the crappy foods!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #21  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

I made it through day 6 binge free! yay!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hi everyone

Sounds like so far you did pretty well with Thanksgiving! Good work
I'm already worried about Christmas! I'm on day 5.

evolve1587- welcome, I'm new too
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #23  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

EsperanzaBella82, I'm so sorry to hear about your precious lab. I hope you're doing ok.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #24  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Wow, did I blow it yesterday. The day after Thanksgiving I gave in and ate everything all day long. I already gained 3 lbs and I'm sure I'll gain another one yet. I'm paying the price now! I started day one binge free today!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:44 AM   #25  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I am starting over today too, fruitlady.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #26  
k8t
k8t

Hi Evolve, welcome to the forum. I had a really hard time admitting to myself that I was bingeing. Congratulations on your success in reducing the number of binges you've done. Don't focus on the misses, focus on the times you did walk away. Those calories are never going to be in your body. I would start keeping a little victory tally somewhere of the number of times you walk away. Then, if you slip and feel bummed about it, you can easily show yourself how many times you made positive choices for yourself.

I am doing this in my journal that I'm keeping. I only started realizing what my triggers were when I began keeping a journal. My emotional self is not interested in my long term goals, only in stopping the stress or hurt that I am going through...a temporary fix with long term consequences. For me, I now know I binge when I am very tired, stressed, or eat something with sugar or refined flour. Therefore, I'm trying to sleep more, avoid sugar and flour as much as possible, and find another way to relieve my stress.

Everyone is different. Keep looking around the threads and posting. It really does help to know there are people here that understand.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by k8t; 11-29-2009 at 09:09 AM.
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, after making it through Thanksgiving so PROUD of myself. I come home and go nuts. NOT even on left overs. I had my meals planned yesterday. I had a meal replacement shake with lots of goodies for breakfast and lunch and I was going to eat leftovers for dinner. I also planned on working out.

Then my SO's friend wants to watch the game, Then my neighbor's son wanted to come over. I was really apprehensive about the guys being there without SO because I had a very bad experience over the holidays with a person that was supposed to be a friend while SO was out of town. then my friend orders pizza (a trigger food for me). I did well with the pizza while he was there. I was letting them watch the game outside, but then they started arguing (they were drinking too). I sent one home. I didn't realize my emotions were getting so crazy--I was NOT comfortable at all.I sat down in the livingroom with my friend. We ate pizza and watched the game a little. I could tell he was really drunk, and the other guy is kind of a mooch, and he was getting riled up at him. He thanked me for sending him home. I didn't want my friend to drive home drunk, but I couldn't let him stay here. He wanted to go home anyways. I asked him to please be careful. But I felt tremendously guilty not letting him sober up just a little. Friends don't let friend's drive drunk. But in the past, my not wanting to drive with a bunch of drunks was one catalyst to the bad experience!

then after all that my SO didn't call me to say goodnight. I was upset because he was talking with the guys over the phone while they were watching the game. I wasn't sure how he felt about them being over there. I hoped he wasn't mad.

Then my son's friend comes over. I am still dealing with all the crap from that situation, but my son needed to play. Then while they are having fun, I go nuts in the kitchen. Complete with the mindless eating...binge. I was 173.8 the day of Thanksgiving. Now I am 174.8.

I am so incredibly upset at myself. For not realizing I was going to binge, when all my triggers were there. And I didn't stop when I told myself I was binging.

I am feeling really low. I am also dealing with alot of wierd emotions. I love SO's family, but I kept hearing about how well everyone they knew was doing and how well they were doing financially, and saw how much fun SO was having with his brother. And how secure their family history was.

I felt so out of place. SO left them to move in with me. I have a very interesting background. With my grandmother being from Poland, and them fleeing from the Russians and Germans in 1939. They were very wealthy, academically known aristocrats, but became impoverished when they fled. Russia nationalized all their property. My family history gets a little weird. My grandmother married an Irish man. Had lots of problems, but was an exceptional woman. (She was smart enough to be asked to work on the nuclear bomb, but refused). Then she disappeared without a trace, my grandfather got remarried and disowned all 5 of his kids. My mom lived with her grandparents then ran away from home. She met my dad, and had 5 kids, and we grew up in poverty. I know my Uncle Vetold when he escaped from a camp, came over to america, and became a Nasa engineer. My great Aunt Marisha (his twin was a clinical psychologist) Her husband Teddy Rosicki, wrote a book about his time in **** Camps. "My 50 months in **** camps."

I had all this interesting stuff to tell about my background, but I kept feeling like I was inferior anyways. Plus, I don't think anyone believed me. They would go off telling their stories, and I would try telling mine....and I think it just made me shrink some more.

Thanks for letting me vent. I don't know what I would do without it, I probably should HAVE tried to come and vent last night! then maybe I wouldn't have binged. I don't know. I am feeling very out of sorts right now.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #28  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Hi Wardhog, Good luck, I know I am trying my hardest. this is day 2 binge free for me. I never can go longer than a week. I wonder if i just pick one day a week to eat what i want, if it will get out of hand or it might cure my cravings the rest of the week. What do you think?
Old 11-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #29  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

I think it is easier to pick a meal instead of a whole day. I tried the whole day before and overate so much that it ruined my progress for all the other days I was on plan. I learned that I could make it something that I wanted and stay on plan easier for the rest of the week. Try it, if it doesn't work you can always modify it . Good luck!
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'm on Day 21. The Thanksgiving weekend was okay...I didn't binge, but I probably ate a bit more than my body needed. As long as I'm not binging though, I don't care. It was tough too, being at home for a long weekend. My parents fight constantly, and it's just awful to stay there. They don't even realize that they fight so much! So there were moments where I really wanted to stuff my face just to forget about all the yelling and passive-agressive comments. But I didn't. Now I'm home, 6 hours away, and I still want to eat eat eat. But I won't, it will be okay. Plus, it won't make them be nice to each other!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote