Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #46  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day four for me, that trail mix I make is really helping with the craving to binge. I think i might be able to kick the habit!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

I don't think it ALWAYS an emotional reason I binge, but that is what seems to start it off and then it just gets to be a habit. Or the stress is just kind of "made up" because of the addiction. Like a smoker who has a "nic fit" which can feel stressful, but it is really the RESULT of the addiction instead of the cause. Am I making any sense?

Sometimes I don't feel stressed at all, I just want to EAT EAT EAT...

So far so good this week. And it has been really stressful at work. I have to meet an employee tonight for a disciplinary meeting. urgh!

I am on day four!!
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #48  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

KarenLee, You make perfect sense to me. I don't think it is all stress related either. When I turned 40 I made up my mind not to get stressed or worry anymore about anything, I used to dwell on everything and was stressed all my life. So, I have stuck to that and it has helped me lose the weight also. I don't worry about a thing anymore cause it does no good! I was binging because I needed the pleasure of sitting down and enjoying the flavor of my favorite food, like it was my relaxing time. Not because I was stressed. So, I think your right!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Talk about self-loathing.

I'm packing for vacation, and the warm weather clothes that were almost falling off me last cruise -- I can just barely get into.
I feel so GROSS.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #50  

Height: 5'6

Hello Everyone!

I'm very new to this (just joined today) but I have issues with overeating/bingeing. This site looks like great motivation to help me overcome this problem and get healthier! Anywho, I just wanted to join this thread because I'm 2 days binge free Good luck to everyone!!
dreamer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #51  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Karen -- awesome job making it to day 4.

I just finished up day 2 binge-free.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Starting day 4!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #53  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

welcome DREAMER!!! hope you find some support here

I'm still binge free..... make it thru the rest of the week.... crossing fingers...
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #54  

Start of day 4.

Is there anyone who somehow sticks to a plan while on vacation?? I need motivation!! Maybe I need to get over the "well who cares I'm on vacation" mentality??
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Karen - I totally get what you're saying. I've done that before - convinced myself I was more stressed than I really was so I didn't feel bad when I overate. It makes you feel better because you have an excuse! How crazy that our mind can trick us like that. I guess it's just another lesson about how mindful we need to be about eating.

DogMom - There's no reason to undo all the great work you've been doing so far! You'll enjoy your vacation soooo much more if you allow for small indulgences but don't overdo it and feel gross and bloated the whole time! Where are you going? Try to enjoy the scenery and your travel companions more than the food if you can!

Congrats to everyone on Day 4! Me, not so much. I've been doing a lot of what I just said to Karen - I have an exam coming up, daylight savings is making me depressed, blah blah blah. I woke up this morning with a newfound spark, kind of like the one I felt back in April when I first started losing weight. I'm so sick of this cycle I've found myself trapped in, so....taking inspiration from Ward and then theory that it takes 21 days to break a habit, I'm making a commitment to 21 days binge free!! At this point, it seems like an impossible goal, but taking it one day at a time hasn't worked for me, so a 21 day challenge is in order! Feel free to join, but I know we all have our own ways of getting through this, so either way, it's nice to have you all here for support and accountability. So here's to day 1 for me!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingCharge View Post
DogMom - There's no reason to undo all the great work you've been doing so far! You'll enjoy your vacation soooo much more if you allow for small indulgences but don't overdo it and feel gross and bloated the whole time! Where are you going? Try to enjoy the scenery and your travel companions more than the food if you can!
We're going on a Southern Caribbean CRUISE! So much food! I usually gain at least 6 lbs on vacation and then just detox when I get home. But this time I am starting above my desired weight, so it's not good.
Maybe I will do the "one bite of this" and then salad trick, at least for lunch, and try to take advantage of the desserts they have for diabetics....I usually work out at least 4-5 times on the ship but this time I'm bringing my heart rate monitor and trying to go to the gym DAILY.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Today is the start of day 4 for me. Even though I ate bigger lunches than I planned to yesterday, I did not throw in the towel and binge like I normally would have. Woo Hoo. I am going for a 7 day binge record..... then I will add more to my goal. No bingeing until Thanksgiving would be great---or for the rest of the year..... but I am going to take it one day at a time.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #58  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Hi Chicks! I'm starting on day five of being binge free. At this point I don't even think i will be binging on Thanksgiving! I think I have it licked! I have not been buying my trigger foods for almost a week now, it really helps to not have them in the house, no temptation!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #59  

Height: 5'6

Hey Everyone! Today is the start of day 3 for me and it's been going pretty well so far. I just have issues with eating too much at night like snacking after dinner. Does anyone have any tips to handle this?

Dogmom: I'm sooo jealous of your vacation! It's freezing where I am and school is stressful so i could use a break! Enjoy yourself!

Fruitlady: Like you, I've found that I just need to not have junk food in my house either. Surrounding yourself with good food is such a good idea!

Have a good day everyone
dreamer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

I am on day five!

I am tempted to let it fly tonight because it has been a really stressful week, but I am making a plan to nurture myself some other way besides food.

Dogmom: You can do it! When I went away with my girlfriends a couple weekends ago, I was surrounded by yummy food. I let myself eat all the junk, but VERY SMALL PORTIONS. For instance, I ate 3-4 chips then stopped and waited 20-30 minutes to see if I was still hungry. I was eating every 2 hours and it was mostly junk, but I only ate when was hungry and overall I did not eat a ton.

Dreamer: My binges ONLY happen at night after dinner. So far it is helping me to have a late dinner and go to bed early so I don't get hungry. It is often the hunger that triggers it. If I am staying up late (I am a night owl), I PLAN a snack way ahead of time so I don't have to try to be logical when my illogical addict-side comes out. It is SO HARD!! but you can do it!!!

TakingCharge: YOU ARE SO INSPIRING!!! Way to go!!!!

Last edited by KarenLee; 11-05-2009 at 06:21 PM.
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote