Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Not so good yesterday.

Ate 381 cal of snack/dessert foods, and was over my goal cal by 262 cal.
I had written everything down, but not calculated where I was at for the day when I had dinner and then these snacks: this is what happens when I’m not meticulous and I wait till the end of the day to ‘see what my totals are.’ And then I see I am "over."

This is why I will never be free of the food scale/diet software........

No workout yesterday either.

I know it could have been much worse.....
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Skyra - Sorry hun. You're strong enough to move past this! Good luck!

Congrats to those of you doing so well and tryin hard to stay on track! I still haven't managed one full binge free day. It's getting a little embarassing at this point. It's never ever been this bad! The part I hate is that I eat way too much of the healthy food I buy, which in a way is good, but it's so hypocritical! Like I'm trying to be all healthy with my Ezekiel bread and PB with flaxseeds and then just eat like 3 PB sandwiches! I need some support today girls Im determined to make today a good day. I'm going to a Halloween party and will have a couple of drinks but will not overeat before or after! Thanks for listening!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Dogmom and Takingcharge, I hope today is a better day for you! I hope it is for me as well - I had a binge last night. Luckily today is a VERY busy day so I will have little spare time to munch!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

TakingCharge... I so know what you mean about binging on healthy foods. It makes me so mad when I do that! I feel like I'm "wasting" it cause I'm eating it in an unhealthy fashion. That's why I feel like if I buy overpriced, healthy food, I'll be less likely to binge because I don't want to waste it on a binge. Not sure if that makes sense, lol.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day today! Remember, leave the past in the past and focus on good choices you can make today...right now!

I got a surprise at my weekly weigh-in today. I was down 1lb! I was so prepared to see 169 or 170 even because of my binge on Monday and Tuesday last week (last Thurs I weighed in at 173!). Not to mention, I know I haven't been perfectly on plan all this week. I didn't binge, but I sure as heck didn't measure and weigh all my food properly. But, I guess drinking my water, getting in my exercise and staying reasonably within my Points limit worked! Who'da thunk it? I really needed this, because I swear I've been on the brink of binge the last two nights. Maybe seeing positive results will prevent me from sabotaging myself.
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 253/237/145

So far so good! I was actually around chips (my downfall) Tuesday evening, and only ate 6! And then last night, I made one of my favorite cheesy casseroles with pasta - which I can usually eat like half of, but I had a serving, with a big side of veggies, and I didn't go back for seconds! This is a huge deal for me!
Bluedande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #51  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Bluedande -- AWESOME!

kuhrisuh -- thanks for the support! you're right, I can do it!

TakingCharge -- thinking of you! Let's both make this a binge-free day. Thank you for the support. Don't be embarrassed about what you've done so far! You have nothing to be embarrassed about and today is all that matters.

Last edited by Skyra; 10-29-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #52  

Thanks for the support everyone! It really means a lot that you all understand what I'm going through and are so sweet about it. I had a reecess PB cup today but didn't feel out of control and am now gonna have a nice big salad for lunch. I also bought a small portion of trail mix, but it's perfectly portioned and I think it'll satisfy these crazy chocolate cravings I've been having but balancing them with protein and fat in the nuts. I feel strong today so I think I can do it!

Foxxy - Good job on losing a pound! It seems like your body likes what you're doing, even if you're not being super strict, so just go with it and keep taking care of yourself!

Bluedande - Way to go avoiding those chips! They're a real killer.

Skyra - Thanks for the kind words. I hope you're doing well today!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I've done pretty good so far this week. I caught myself doing some mindless eating the other day but stopped it before it went into a full fledge binge. yeah me.

Sarah in MD
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

I seriously may just have to give up processed carbs altogether. I can't have bread, cereal, pasta, etc. in my house without eating it ALL. Even if it is frozen. I just ate a piece of baked fruit/granola with a cup of yogurt (acceptable snack) and the proceeded to also eat THREE kaiser rolls from the freezer and a giant chunk of butter (they were the last three, thank goodness).

Pushing myself to go out again, as I left work early this afternoon because there's a community event I am involved with at which I'm supposed to be volunteering and I need to get there shortly.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Workout was a bit more of a struggle today than the rest of the week.. it was the same last week! I think I just need to work through it and workout again tomorrow.. I gotta get my body used to this stuff, ha!

Today's going well food-wise . I'm really, really nervous about this weekend.. I'm sure I'll be on here alot! Haha

TakingCharge - hope you're feeling better.. I know what you mean about binging on healthy foods.. if I buy those quakers rice cakes or peanuts or something.. I'll eat the entire package in one sitting. You can get through this! One step at a time...

foxxy511 - Congratulations on the loss!!!

Bluedande - you go girl!!! self control feels pretty good, huh?

sarahyu - good for you!

iriswhispers - I hope your community event goes well! I have the same problem with carbs... def. my top "trigger" food. Take a deep breath, forgive yourself, and try again. We're here

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 10-29-2009 at 06:05 PM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #56  

Thanks again everyone for the empathy and support. It's so great to know that I'm not the only one out there! I'm happy to say that today was binge free! I ate a little more than I needed to but no late night binges and I'm just about to get into bed. I can't tell you how happy I am to finally get back on track after such a bad week. Hope everyone did ok today! Let's stay strong through Halloween!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:20 AM   #57  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hooray TakingCharge!

I also ate a little more than I needed, but not by much, and definitely no binges. Win.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Good morning ladies :-) Feeling much better today after having a "recovery day from bingeing" yesterday. Much less stressed and hoping to end the week on a good note. I get to go home to the suburbs tonight and see my parents along with my doggie :-) I'd like to say that I'll make this weekend binge free but with my best friends bachelorette party tomorrow I'm sure I will be eating and drinking alot but I'm going to REALLY try not to stuff myself into oblivion and mindlessly eat. I'm hoping to really enjoy the pizza tomorrow instead of stressing myself over not having the next slice ect. I hope you all have a GREAT weekend and a safe halloween :-)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Good luck Duqserb!

Starting day 3 today...Hopefully the weekend will be okay.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Have fun at the party D! Remember, it's about your bff's last hurrah...not the pizza! Yes, enjoy the food, the atmosphere, but most especially the people you're with. And I think as long as you're aware of your eating, you'll do fine! We'll all be sending you good vibes!

Kuhrisuh -- good job taking on those workouts! You can do it! I struggled through my time on the treadmill this morning. I can't wait for Sunday -- my day off, haha

Iris -- good for you, going out to that community event. I too want to just hide and isolate myself during a binge, but that's awesome that you pushed past those feelings. Carbs are my nightmare too...you're not alone!

TakingCharge, Skyra, and Paris -- congrats on pushing through the binges, I'm glad you guys are doing so well!

I know we'll all do great this weekend! We are stronger than Halloween candy!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote