Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

I did well yesterday cal wise...no B and a deficit!

I have to admit though, the cravings are getting really bad and I almost caved yesterday.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

DogMomNP - good job on staying strong! you CAN do this and you already ARE!

So, last night my boyfriend & I went over to a friends house, and when we left he stopped by mcdonalds. OHHH, the temptation. And I ordered an oreo mcflurry :/.. BUT GOOD NEWS! THEIR ICE CREAM MACHINE WAS DOWN FOR CLEANING! What a good save Haha!

I just came home after that and went to bed while the boo ate, so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any of what he got.. starting Day 5 for me! Oh & good news on the weigh in front, I'm at 222 today! 1lb down from last week

Tomorrow's the start of quite a few holidays of eating.. We can get through this girls [any guys in here??]!! I'll be thinking positive things for all of us!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

A few hours after breakfast this morning I ate an entire pint of rainbow sherbet ice cream. 560 cals. Hmph.

I'm still hungry :/.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

kuhrisuh - keep up those positive thoughts from your previous post and get right back on track!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

omg, I just had to post this...Today I was running around town. And realized I was hungry and went to go get a Little thickburger from Hardees. Not too bad, because usually one burger does me. Well, I MESSED up. I ordered the fries--bacon ranch. One serving has 710 calories!!! I planned on sharing them with my son. but then he didn't want any...so what did I do??? I ate them all???? . I didn't realize they had that many cals though!

I'm so disappointed in me for that. I did NOT skip dinner though, I was tempted. I can't believe I messed up a pefectly good start with "guilt" eating. I wanted to finish the fries because we are low on money--and I felt guilty buying food out!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Paris, D, Skyra, DogMom - Great job yesterday! Hope today was good as well!

kuhrisuh - It happens to the best of us! It'll be ok and you'll get right back on track. Just don't let it get you down! You can do it!

Jendiet - Same goes for you! It's in the past, so you just have to take it one meal at a time and make your next one a good, healthy one.

Today's been pretty good for me. Had a cookie and a few mini candies, but by no means a binge because I stayed in control the whole time and was mindful of what I was taking in. I'm off to dinner now and have a little snack (1/4 cup trailmix) and tea planned for when I get home, and then the kitchen is closed!!! Feel free to yell at me if I post tomorrow that I ate anything more than what I've planned.
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #67  

Thanks TakingCharge! Yeah, I put it down in the food journal..and then logged next to it I did a 30 minute 55-65 % hr walk. So yay me for that. I am going to do better tomorrow--we are all going trick or treating. should be fun. I could use the exercise. I like walking with SO...I have a comfortable outfit that is warm. I will be a flapper.

good job on keeping in control.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:15 AM   #68  

Jen - Good for you for getting in a great workout! I'm gonna be a flapper tomorrow night also! How funny! Have fun trick-or-treating (aka working out) and try not to munch on too many "post work out snacks" (aka candy...hehe)!

Ok, so I'm eating my trail mix and getting in bed...yay! Binge free day 2!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:09 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 195/178/145

Height: 5'6"

ok, so I thought I was within a pound or two of being within a normal BMI for my height for the first time since high school, but then the women's locker room got a new scale.... which says I'm 6.4 pounds heavier than I thought I was. DANG IT! Hence I am joining the non-binge challenge because, well, call it shallow, but I really REALLY wanted to see "normal" weight
nrz242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:10 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Good luck with passing out candy today everyone! Luckily, I live in an apartment buiding and don't get trick-or-treaters.

Day 4 for me!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #71  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

If I can hold it together after the candy is open, this will be day 19. I like what I am seeing in the mirror and on the scale, so why would I want to screw that up? There's nothing special about Halloween candy. I can have it any time I want it. Let's all stay strong, ok?
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #72  

WardHog - You can totally do this!!! Something that's helped me is having a few pieces of candy at planned times so that I don't feel too deprived and end up eating the whole bowl at the end of the night. I know everyone's different and some people can't have one because that'll lead them to eat 20 (which is a small part of me), but it could be worth a shot. Either way, you will stay strong because you're doing soooo well!! Good luck!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #73  

Love the plan taking charge. That is what I am going to do too.

so far today, I've eaten salmon, a 1/2 cup alfredo noodles, and green beans and kidney beans. Then for my choco fix. I have had a rich cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream.

I think I can do it. Although, the candy (chocolate bars) for me has not been introduced yet.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #74  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Well, I'm proud to report that yesterday was the house party with about a billion people, and while I definitely overate calorie-wise, I did NOT binge at any part of the day. Everything I ate, I ate mindfully, and I didn't eat to the point of feeling sick. Admittedly I still had more chocolate than is good for a diet. Still, for Halloween, I'll settle for overeating and not binging. (Halloween is even tougher for me than Thanksgiving.)

BUT, though my body hasn't caught up yet size-wise, I discovered last night... I used to be able to eat a whole bag of candy and still crave more... yesterday after a few pieces I felt like I DIDN'T WANT to eat any more! Binging on candy just felt icky and wrong... so I didn't! I was more interested in socializing than eating, which has not always been the case. I'm very hopeful and happy about that.

GOOD JOB to everyone pushing through this! I'm so proud of every one of you!!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Default i totally mess up

OK, time to fess up.

I pigged out last night. Actually I ate junk most of the day. Nothing on plan. I ate a ton of halloween candy last night. I would eat about 3-4 pieces, feel gross, wait about 30 minutes until the gross feeling passed, eat 3-4 more, etc. I ate chips straight from the bag...

I was totally unconscious of my eating.

I got on the scale this morning. I am five pounds more than I was 2 days ago. One night of binging--five pounds!

I have been really busy this week and have not had a chance to post much. I think I need to stay fully conscious of my plan or it is too easy to get back into autopilot and start binging again.

I feel really disappointed, but I am NOT going to beat myself up. I guess I will get back on it soon. I would like it to be today, but I am still having those "I might as well keep eating..." feelings.
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote