3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free challenge ~ Oct. 26 - Nov. 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/185061-binge-free-challenge-%7E-oct-26-nov-1-a.html)

KarenLee 10-27-2009 10:08 PM

thanks for the info, Skyra. According to that definition I didn't really binge, but I definately ate some high calorie foods. I never felt out of control so I could probably consider today Day 10 (with a few high calorie days this weekend).

I don't want to get too caught up in the numbers; I used to count calories obsessively, or obsess about what the scale says so I guess it would be good to not obsess about how many days I have been binge free.

The main point is that I am maintaining my committment to NO BINGING! It makes me feel crazy and sick and I am just not going to do it anymore!!

KarenLee 10-27-2009 10:11 PM

I have noticed how hard we are on ourselves when we screw up and binge. Isn't it bad enough that we binged? We have to beat ourselves up about it too? Maybe we should have a Self-Loathing-Free Challenge...

Skyra 10-27-2009 10:17 PM

Good for you Karen!! I suppose now that I think about it, by that definition of "binging" I made it to 7 days last week... today is still day 2 though because I definitely binged on Sunday.

duqserb -- thanks so much for your oatmeal recipes. Glad you had an awesome day. I myself have started eating oatmeal with peanut butter and a little light brown sugar (since I don't like jelly). I have flaxseed so I think I might try flax & honey tomorrow morning! yum!

Today I went to the grocery store and I was tempted to buy chocolate, and I went to the liquor store (with a friend) and was tempted to buy sparkling wine, but I DIDN'T BUY ANY. Hooray for me! It was really hard but I feel much better now that I know that stuff isn't in the house to tempt me.

I did get some nuts which I tend to binge on, but I split the entire bag up into individual portions, and hopefully that will help keep me in check. I don't binge as much on nuts as I do on, say, sweets, so I'm hoping if I practice NOT binging with one of my "easier" binge foods, I can slowly work on stopping that habit.

Is anyone else terrified of Halloween? Alcohol, candy, baked goods... I'm afraid it's going to be a nightmare! How are you preparing for it?

I think I might just have to admit that, realistically, I'm going to binge on Halloween and then get IMMEDIATELY back on schedule, and throw out any leftover candy or baked goods if I have to. (I have roommates, and we're having a party, so no, I don't have an option to not bring this stuff into the house in the first place.) That sounds weak-willed, to admit I'll probably binge on Halloween, but I haven't changed my habits fully yet, and it might be better to expect some binging that day than to struggle all day and night and get depressed about it... what do you think?

duqserb 10-27-2009 10:33 PM

Skyra I am also terrified for Halloween! Not because of candy though. It's my best friends bachelorette party and before we go out for the night we'll be by her parents house and pizzas are going to be ordered and I'm sure there will be a TON of other foods there too. Then we'll be out the rest of the night boozing it up. So I've already been thinking about it so much that it's driving me nuts, that I might just take your approach and accept the fact that I will more than likely eat too much but then jump RIGHT back on the wagon the following day. The more I think about having that third slice of pizza, the more I'm going to want it, and it's going to just keep staring me in the face until I DO eat it and then I'll feel guilty. I think I am just going to try to eat till I'm full and stop there. God I hope I can do it....

~D~

kuhrisuh 10-27-2009 10:35 PM

Skyra - I don't think you should count on binging. You could try having some sweets, have some drinks, whatever you are craving... just try to stay in control. Denying myself always makes me eat more in the end, so if I really really really want something, I try to have just a small portion. I still end up over eating sometimes... but its worth a shot ;). Good luck!

& congrats to everyone who has been on plan!! :carrot:

Skyra 10-27-2009 10:43 PM

kuhrisuh -- good call. I won't deny myself, because I do the same thing too where it makes me eventually overeat, but I WILL try to really enjoy whatever I do choose to have. That way I'm still in control and not too frustrated to enjoy myself. Realistically, I'll still probably eat too much, but as long as I'm not eating mindlessly, I'll eat less than I would on a binge and I'll enjoy it a heck of a lot more.

paris81 10-28-2009 09:31 AM

I agree with kuhrisuh on the not depriving self on Halloween. It's like guaranteeing yourself to fail, in my mind.

I'm not terribly worried by it, I live in an apartment, so I don't think there are generally trick-or-treaters, so I don't need to have candy. I was thinking of getting some sweets for my students, and then I'd have some leftover, but I can always leave the candy for my colleagues in our office, and then I won't be tempted to have more than one or two pieces.

I'm back on Day 1 today--had a binge yesterday. Not a full blown one because I didn't have the proper food. I ate 4 skinny cow sandwiches and a Fiber One bar--clearly unnecessary. Usually, I'm okay with both of those foods in the house, and I don't want that to change because I need them!

foxxy511 10-28-2009 09:38 AM

I'm going to try portion control this Halloween too. I'm working on the night trick-or-treaters are coming around (Friday) so I'm missing our family tradition of beer/pizza/candy in the driveway during trick-or-treat. Can't say I'm real upset about that...I know I would have used the holiday as an excuse to binge. On Saturday though, I don't anticipate any problems, so I'm keeping it that way!

In other news, my brother's birthday was yesterday and now there is a basket of cookies and a chocolate cake downstairs. I'm trying to ignore it...I really am...

Today is Day 8!

kuhrisuh 10-28-2009 11:06 AM

Dayyyy 3! One more pound and then I'll have lost all the binge "weight" I put on this weekend.. ready to get a good workout in this afternoon :)

I'm actually kind of lucky, because I don't enjoy candy all that much.. well, I love chocolate, but I'm just more of a salty food/carb lover.. I'm gonna try hard to not eat any candy this weekend!

Lyndel 10-28-2009 11:38 AM

For Halloween, I didn't buy my favorite chocolate candy. I bought sweet n sour, licorice and jelly beans. Stuff that doesn't tempt me so much.

DogMomNP 10-28-2009 01:22 PM

I was good again yesterday: 100 cal deficit @ the end of the day, not counting the 444 cal burned working out!
:)

kuhrisuh 10-28-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogMomNP (Post 2990728)
I was good again yesterday: 100 cal deficit @ the end of the day, not counting the 444 cal burned working out!
:)

woohooo!!! :carrot:

Skyra 10-29-2009 01:36 AM

Hmph, just binged. I have a date at a fancy place tomorrow and the stress of trying to find something to wear pushed me to eat myself into a stupor. Granted, I overate chicken and rice, so I could have done worse, but I KNOW I was eating for an emotional reason, so to say I didn't binge unnecessarily is just kidding myself.

I can do this I can do this I can do this.

paris81 10-29-2009 09:18 AM

Day 2 for me!

kuhrisuh 10-29-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyra (Post 2991611)
Hmph, just binged. I have a date at a fancy place tomorrow and the stress of trying to find something to wear pushed me to eat myself into a stupor. Granted, I overate chicken and rice, so I could have done worse, but I KNOW I was eating for an emotional reason, so to say I didn't binge unnecessarily is just kidding myself.

I can do this I can do this I can do this.

:hug: Keep your head up! You did it, you've realized that you did it, and you are strong enough to try not to do it again...

Starting on Day 4... I was verrryyy close to mindless eating last night.. BUT I had a bag of kettle corn, the 100 calorie bags, and then went to bed. I was still under on my cals, so I did good! :)

Have a good day everyone!