Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Question join OA?

So I had never read the sticky thread "What is compulsive eating/binge eating disorder" until now. I read it through and about half or more of what they were describing sounded like me. The only big thing that makes me different is that I'm not overweight, at least not now anyway. Only reason I'm not is because of exercising and I''ll only binge maybe once a week. But after reading the list of symptoms, I definitely had more than 3 of them. I'm wondering now if I should maybe join overeaters anomymous but am still confused because I think I have characteristics of both diseases. So I'm not sure what to do, I feel as thought I shouldn't join because I don't currently have a problem with my weight. I mean I want to lose 10 pounds but I'm not even overweight for my height. Any suggestions?

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

There are normal-weight people in OA. If you think it could help you, I recommend giving it a try. I tried it before and ended up stopping but I am giving it another try and I'm also within my healthy weight range - BUT i'm definitely a compulsive overeater/binger/whatever you want to call it and I know I need help because it's really interfering with my life.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #3  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Keep in mind that OA isn't a diet program--it's a lifestyle program.

The only thing necessary to "join" it is a desire to stop compulsive overeating.

As a fat chick, I was surprised that folks at a healthy weight had struggles like mine when it came to food. It was, while not exactly happy news, it was reassuring, I think. Made us more alike than I thought.

You'd be welcome there. As a program, there is no judgment about weight, so you should definitely not get the shifty-eyes for being at a normal weight and have an eating problem.

Go to a few different meetings. You don't have to join anything. Listen to folks talk and see if it's for you.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote