Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Default surviving the weekend

Hey ladies,
I just got back from hanging out with my girlfriends. We decided to go away for the weekend this weekend.
But when we started talking about meals and food, I started to get anxious. They want to do lasagna on Friday night, pastries for Sat morning breakfast, snack food throughout the day, and another big pasta dish for Sat night, pancakes on Sun AM. There is hardly anything on the menu I would pick for my food plan. (heavy on the refined carbs, sugar, fat, little or no vegetables, not to mention all the junk available). This is the perfect storm. I am trying so hard to still with my plan (I just started!!) and social situations make me anxious. If it was a party, I would eat before I went and keep a lid on it, but this is a whole weekend and I feel pretty out of control.

I have such shame about my eating issues, I don't want anyone to know I am following a "diet," but I am totally terrified about trying to not binge, eat healthy, but not seem like a food control freak. Don't you think people will notice if I hardly eat any of the planned menu? Won't I look like a freak if I bring my own food? Especially because I will probably then feel so stupid and deprived I will binge on the other stuff anyway... Help!
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Well, you could cut way back the rest of the week to sort of "save up" until then. I am curious as to why the food discussion even came into play. When I plan a girl's weekend it seems like food is the last thing that comes up. Personally, I have 0 problem eating well in front of people that aren't. I don't feel strange anymore. I feel proud to be making the choice. I feel better eating the right foods--especially after. I feel better emotionally but physically too.

On the other hand, if you know you can have this weekend and hop right back on track next week, maybe you could do that. How important is it to you to eat those things?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

There was a lot of talk about food, but we are going to a remote cabin so we need to bring whatever we need since there won't be any stores around (I live in MT, so when we say remote we mean REMOTE )

I really just started this week--today is day three of no binges for me. I knew I would be challenged but this is sooner than I thought!

It is funny that you said be extra careful this week in preparation; my instinct was the exact opposite: I might as well not even try this week because I am going to blow it on the weekend anyway.

Probably the best thing to do is to try to eat like a normal person, even if it means there won't be any movement on the scale. As long as I don't binge, that will be a worthwhile goal.

There are things I have control over and other things I don't. I guess I am less worried about the weight loss and just wanting to be free of the obsessing about food.

Thanks for your support!!
KL
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #4  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Karen -- Just wanted to say since I saw your post -- CONGRATULATIONS on day 3 without binging! I'm on my day 3 too!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote