3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   A bad day(s) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/181550-bad-day-s.html)

Trefle 09-11-2009 12:20 PM

A bad day(s)

*sigh* recently had been a bad day for my control and dieting D:

I've eaten more than I should, yesterday I had a practically midnight meal, consisting of a chow mein, foo young egg and some tofu. And today I just had a mini fried rice, a regular bowl of ramen, a plate of stir fried vegetables and a curry puff. >_>;;

AND that's not even talking about the snacking. Oh gawd, the snacking..
Thing is, I don't think I'm having a binge or something. It's...out of.... nothing. Not a particular desire or hunger or longing for food or something.... It's...like, uh, nothing in particular.

Is my appetite just blown up again? What should I do? I'm confused D:

healthyliving 09-11-2009 12:40 PM

I am also like you!! I am well on track whole week and bang I just spoil everything on Friday. I hope I will remain on track today.
All I can advise you to do is before grabbing something to put in your mouth, just pause and ask yourself - Do you need it or you want it? If your body needs it, go ahead and have it. But if you just want it - rethink.
Also, do not let yourself slip for 1 bite of cookie, 1 piece of chocolate and so on. Because a small slip here and then before you realize you have completely wasted your efforts of few days.
Be strong and try to move forward, you cannot change what you have eaten but you can stop yourself from falling into mindless binging now.

kaybelle9 09-11-2009 01:57 PM

Perhaps you are not really hungry. Maybe you are THIRSTY! Your body often misreads thirst as hunger. Try drinking a glass of water when you think you want to eat. I bet you will cut down on the amount of food intake. Even if my suggestion doesn't work, a little more water can't hurt!!

smittenbykittens78 09-11-2009 02:51 PM

ive had bad days like that too. with me its emotional eating, so i decided to remove all tempting foods from the house. got so bad one day i found myself stuffing bacon bits in my mouth, and i dont even like them!!...
the important thing is to try and not be too hard on yourself.

ive been working on a great food plan and excersising daily, keeping my calorie intake to 1200 calories( im only 5 ft 1 so its proportional to my height), eating small meals every 2 hours to speed up my metabolism and giving myself 1 cheat day, sunday, where i can eat whatever i like.so far from 200 pounds im down to 185.

on bad days when i may stray, i remember to be kind to myself, and the next day i try and eat a few less calories(never below 1200 per day mind you!)
take it one day at a time is the best thing to do.

try and drink a whole cupful of water before everymeal, that helps with appetite, and chewing every mouthful 30 times.(picked that up from a healthy tv show.)

cherry7211 09-11-2009 03:05 PM

I was like that last weekend when we had a pizza party ugh 3 big slices of pizza 3 breadsticks and 3 hotwings! I was really upset with myself cuz I had been able to control my cravings up until that day! The next 2 days I tried to eat healthy but I ate way more than I was supposed to! :( Wat I did was even tho that happened I just started new the next day and the next day until eventualy I got back into the routine and didn't let that stop me :) everyday is a new day and never give up!

Procrastinating 09-12-2009 12:38 PM

All the other advice everyone posted was great! Drinking water, asking yourself whether you NEED the food or just WANT it, and getting rid of all binge/junk foods. I remember last semester during finals week when I just wanted to keep stuffing my mouth with snacks, I had to DUCT TAPE my drawer of snacks shut, and I put up a sign on it that said "GET BACK TO WORK, FATTY!" and it worked! lol.

As for midnight snacking, what time do you usually go to sleep and wake up? I try not to eat anything after 7:00 PM... Brushing your teeth after dinner helps you to not eat afterwards, because then you're all like, "I just brushed my teeth... If I eat again, I'll have to brush it again," and then your laziness will just kick in and you'll decide not to eat. x) Good luck!

Trefle 09-12-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Procrastinating (Post 2922135)
As for midnight snacking, what time do you usually go to sleep and wake up? I try not to eat anything after 7:00 PM... Brushing your teeth after dinner helps you to not eat afterwards, because then you're all like, "I just brushed my teeth... If I eat again, I'll have to brush it again," and then your laziness will just kick in and you'll decide not to eat. x) Good luck!

slept from 3-5 am, to mostly 3 PM recently. My sleep cycle has been somewhat messed up recently D:

hmm, brushing my teeth. Might be a good idea... :D Hopefully I don't go "Aw shucks, I'm too lazy to brush my teeth."

Thanks for all the support! Today I ate a fried chicken (only one, but as a midnight snack so I'm guilty as charged) but I ate salad for lunch and a beef rib (which, unfortunately or not, has more bones than meats) soup and with whole grain bread croutons.

Tomorrow is a new day and I shall win. I SHALL WIN.