Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Put yesterday behind you Sak...today will be better!

Way to pass off the cake on someone else Shasha...a very wise move!

Yesterday was good, today is going to be good! It's storming here though, makes me sleepy, haha. I'm cooking dinner with some friends tonight and I'm excited about that, going to save up some calories for it though, because it's undecided what we're going to have.

Have a great day everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 174/131.5/132

Height: 5'8"

Monday was great day for me, I was binge free despite a lot of stress at work. I'm off today and decided to go for an early 5 mile run. I find that when I exercise early in the day, I'm less likely to binge later. I'll be checking back to see how everyone else is doing this week. Kudos Sasha on handling the tiramisu cake situation so well!
njsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #18  

Height: 6'1

I ended up trying a little sliver of cake, but it was less than a full serving. (A full serving being 240 cal).
Foxy511- I love cooking dinner with other people. Only hard part is when theres more than 1 is deciding what to cook.
Njssweetpea- oooh so jealous. I wish I could run more than 2 feet. I know we all have to start somewhere. I'm going to start adding running as I lose more weight.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #19  
~jus' being me~

You should start now shasha! I think I was close to 200lbs when I did, and I am shorter than you. I actually started cos I was so angry with a man that walking wasn't enough! Ha!

Am on 4hrs sleep and offto work ibrougt work home and went to bed around 3am

so much to do

But got a plan and my eyes on the prize ....
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #20  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

Did ok yesterday - even with a trip to a restaurant with the dh.

Today is another matter. Thought it would be better - but got a phone call from the UK about the dh's mom. She is back in the hospital after only being home from the hospital for a week. I am sad and all sorts of other emotions. While I have not run out the the store to buy my favorite binge foods - I have been over eating. I need to get it together for the dh and dd and mil and me!
Tomorrow I will start anew...and for the rest of today I promise myself that I will not undo all the good work I have done, and remember that I have control and tools and skills.
If you want, send some good energy to the UK for my mil.
Thanks for letting me share.

Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 AM   #21  
~jus' being me~

Oh Ash I am sorry to hear that Hope your MIL is doing OK.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #22  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni View Post
Oh Ash I am sorry to hear that Hope your MIL is doing OK.
Thank you Danni. She seems to be doing better today.

Heading on vacation tomorrow. Will be thinking of all of you. Decided to be more moderate in by goals for vacation - since being overly strict got me in trouble last time. Eating off plan but healthy, but no over eating and eating only when I am hungry.

Catch you later!
Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #23  

So far today has been really good. Its around lunch time that it gets bad. My coworkers that I eat lunch with want to go to Panda Express. I have a Lean Cuisine in the fridge along with some cut up veggies that I will have to stick to. Whenever I go to Panda I totally overeat. I get several items + rice + an eggroll or 2.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #24  
Orijanal

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5' 1''

So far this week Monday Tuesday and Wednesday have been fine, no bingeing at all, it is 8.50 pm here in Liverpool (UK) so I am off to watch some TV which will keep me out of the kitchen
Orijanal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

To cut a long story short my DD went missing from her SummerScheme. They'd gone to the cinema and whilst it was dark she just got up and left. The whole cinema complex went into allert, all films stopped showing, the police were called, my DD had taken herself to Macdonalds. Now my DD is Autistic and can't ask for help. She has no fear of danger and unlike some people on the autistic spectrum she loves cuddles and will hold hands with any one. You can imagine what I've been going through. Luckily for her noone abducted her. She went to Macdonalds because she knew that was where we were going after I'd met up with her after the cinema. To get to Mac's from the cinema meant she had to cross a very busy road. All I can say is thank God we drilled it into her to wait for the green man before she crosses the road. In fact she won't cross that road without the green man, and if we try to get across without it then she will literally scream. That green man could have saved her life today.

Watching my food intake hasn't been a priority and yes a binge has and is occuring as I type.
Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #26  

Nicki54~ Yikes what a stressful and scary day. I'm not a mom yet, so I can't even imagine what you must have been going through. I'm so happy that your DD was safe and sound.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks Shasha, who knows what could have happened if those around hadn't known what to do and didn't get into a panic. It's also the first time in over 30 years that any child has wandered off from the particular special needs playscheme that my daughter attends. In fact my daughter is the first to wander off. It's one of the reasons that we picked it for her to attend.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hey everyone,
I have had 2 more binge free days and I'm happy. I thought I'd give in yesterday as I went to Sardinia on a day trip and airports are full of junk food!! My friends brought a carrier bag full with 2 big bags of doritos, a box of cookies, lollipops, m&ms and sweets. Lucky I'd brought my own box of raspberries and apricots to snack on! After a day of swimming in the sea, I treated myself to a 97cal coconut wafer biscuit, which was delicious and satisfied me!

I hope I can maintain this and lose some more weight this week, but only time will tell!

xx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #29  
~jus' being me~

Great going everyone!!

Oh Nicki that must have been frightening for you all So glad your daughter was found safe and sound.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #30  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone. This looks like a good thread for me. I hope that by participating in it I can gain more tools for keeping myself on track better. I am not looking for perfection, here... I have learned the hard way that trying to lose weight and control and change poor eating habits and having an all or nothing perfectionist attitude don't exactly go togeher.

I had a good day today and yesterday. Day before... Not so much. But overall, I am on track for more days than not. So, a small victory, I guess.

So, I accept the challenge to try to be binge free until the ninth.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote