Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 AM   #31  
~jus' being me~

Welcome RainDancer!

I cant believe its 6pm and I am facing another 50 hours of work tonight (can you tell I am an accountant since numbers are a strong point for me).

Ugh.

Actually I am going to log out and head home as I dont have any food prepped at home and I would rather face the wrath of my bosses than order a Domino's family pack for one.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hello, My name is Hotsplashes... and I'm an emotional binge eater!

Truly slipped up yesterday. Need the support today.

Buried my best friend of 20 years yesterday. Came home. Sat. Cried. Thought. Ate well..... until 7pm. Finally went to the store and bought a HUGE bag of BBQ chips and ate nearly the whole thing. Felt like puking afterwards. And of course this morning I feel like crap.

SO here I am, Ladies!!! Baring my soul and looking for support!!

New Day, New Outlook~

Mikki
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Ah hotsplashes , I'm so sorry to hear about that, it must be a really hard time for you and it takes alot to remain composed in that kind of situation!! You can do this though and I can tell you really want to. Just keep your head up and keep your attitude, a new day can bring so much hope and focus.

I had another test today, I feel like everyday is a test for me , but today really hit me hard. I was doing my youth work again and as always there was a massive bag of junk food which I had to avoid. But afterwards , me and some friends I work with decided to go to Nandos to get some chicken, however they changed their minds and we ended up in KFC and I literally couldn't take it. I was in a shop full of fried chicken and for a moment I considered what I'd buy, well how many different things I could get and binge on, and then I realised I just couldn't let myself down like that so soon. The hardest thing is being around people who you always binge with, I mean all of those girls , are girls that I would just generally eat with no matter the day, time or food. So it just sunk in that , the discomfort of being in that kind of environment really is going to be an common thing. Maybe I'll grow more accustomed to it , but for now it's really hard and I'm just trying to get through it each and every time!

I'm 11 days binge free now!

Who knows what tomorrow's test will be, but today is definitely one of my hardest days ever!
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 320/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'6"

I've noticed this week that when I have a lower-than-normal calorie day (like Tuesday, 1429 calories), it's usually directly followed by a binge day (like yesterday, 2747 calories!!). That's an average of almost 300 calories too much. Maybe the mindset I get with "calorie zig-zagging" is not right for me. I'd be better off just keeping it more stable.

I don't know what happened yesterday. It started bad from breakfast, all the way up to and beyond dinner.

It's not that I didn't care, I just assured myself "it'll average out" and then ate whatever the heck I felt like. Not a good idea.

I'm bummed. My TOM just started, after a 3-month hiatus, and it's like it's making up for lost time.
sakurasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #35  
Monkey see, Monkey do!

Height: 5'6

Hotsplashes....welcome and I am so sorry to hear about such a sad anniversary. Stay strong...we are here for you

As always you girls are doing great!

"I'm 11 days binge free now!" Soulsurvivor - I wish I could say that soon too!

I'm trying again tomorrow....today and yesterday and day before were major failors, but hey.......tomorrow is a new day!!! Yay! I can do it!!!
wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #36  

SoulSurvivor, thank you for your kind words. It seems we are given tests every day in some way. Something to overcome. And yours is very hard, to be surrounded every day by "the girls". Especially if none of them are willing to support you. Well, Surround yourself with "US GIRLS" here at the binge group!! As for KFC... I just have to think of what the chicken looks like before they fry it and I won't eat it. So try some visualization techniques maybe?

Wiosna, Thankyou also for your kindness. Think of it this way. Each day is not a total failure. You have learned something! THat is a Win! And use the lesson learned from yesterday to make TODAY a SUCCESS!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

This weekend my brain will be focused on writing more articles. One of them is "Dating for the Semi- sports Minded" so hopefully all that healthy type of stuff my mind will be thinking of (golf, swimming, canoeing) will make me not binge and think only of healthy eating!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and NO RAIN!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 120/132/108

Height: 5"2'

Hi all! It has been a long time since I actually posted, but I try to read the forum daily for inspiration, which leads me to think that I probably should be posting, as I have been binging quite often.

This is a lifelong thing that I have had, and while it has not impacted my weight to the extent that I've never been overweight, it emotionally wreaks havoc on myself and my family. Since my son was born 10 months ago, I have gained weight instead of lost it (I came home from the hospital after delivery at my pre-baby starting weight)--I guess I like to do things backwards!

I want to be a lot more active in this forum and am going to try to take it day by day, I know I want to gain control and stop binging, but this is such an ongoing struggle. Today is Day 1 again...I did 11 days last week and then spiraled into a 4-day bingefest...Anyhow, I am glad to be here!

~Lauren
LaurenMom2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #38  

Quick question: I am trying to add a ticker to my post, but it says I have to have 25 posts before I add a link, does anyone know how to post a ticker without having 25 posts? Thx!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 174/131.5/132

Height: 5'8"

I've had a rough go of it yesterday and today and yes, I binged both days. Though I'm disappointed in myself, I'm resolved to start anew right now, get through the rest of day binge-free. I'm trying to make it a meal at a time right now.
njsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #40  

Welcome back LaurenMom! The system is programmed so that there is no way around doing the 25 posts. Easiest way to do it.. Pick 5 threads. Post 4 times and you are done! It's easier than you think! Or create your own thread and just keep posting to other's replies. It will be done before you know it!

Sweetpea... How goes the bingefree day so far? You have done so well, a slip up here and there is not a problem. Just use that will power you have and get back on track!! LOOK at what YOU have already Accomplished!!!! All the rest is easy.. you already did the hard work!!

I can't seem to stay away from the Honey Nut Cheerios... 3 bowls in 12 hours... MUST STOP!!!lol
Old 08-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #41  

Hi Mikki! thanks for the welcome back!

sweetpea-I hope your binge free day is going well; unfortunately I haven't made it through a binge-free day as of yet. I am finding it very hard to get back on the horse, so to speak, for some reason. My son has been stressing me out a lot lately; he is going through a very funny, very cute, but very obstinate stage right now (10 months old) and for some reason it sends me rushing to the pantry as a coping method.

Here's to one meal at a time...!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hey,
It's been another day of avoiding the binge! My friends took me to Nandos and I chose to have the Mediterranean Salad with Chicken. Afterwards we went shopping, and a friend and me walked home - a 2 hour walk. It was really nice (Even though my legs are aching now!!!) I'll be sleeping easy tonight !

Wiosna - That's how I felt when I read everyone else's responses and I joined the site the other week. But trust me you can do it!!! Just put your mind to it. xx

Last edited by SoulSurvivor; 08-08-2009 at 06:57 PM.
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 174/131.5/132

Thanks so much hotsplashes and laurenmom for you words of encouragement. I am happy to report I have gotten through the day binge free, I came close to binging twice today. The first time, I was upset and stressed, but I talked myself into working out instead and ran 6 miles. I felt good when I was finished and I didn't want to binge. I was physically hungry when I finished and wanted to eat something to refuel myself rather than emotionally satisfy myself. The second time was about 20 minutes or so before dinner and I told myself I'd be eating shortly to try to wait it out and I was able to. I can so relate to what you are going through laurenmom though our stress scenarios may be different, I do the exact same thing you do. My situation worked out well today because I had options, that is not always the case, especially when I'm at work. That's something I really need to work on. I am happy about what I accomplished just for today--one day binge free, hoping to make it two in a row!
njsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #44  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi all.

Back form vacation. Thank goodness it was only 3 days! I did enjoy my vacation food. Tried to eat when I was hungry and to not overeat and to only eat what I really wanted. Did ok with that (until last night when the cravings got bad). We also walked about 4 hours!!

So today is the first day again. Gotta break the cravings.

School starts in a week and I am going to spend some time today figuring out what to take to school for lunch.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by inthemidst; 08-09-2009 at 09:38 AM.
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 235/210/160

Default Others like me...

I am so glad that others post about there issues with binging. I have such a hard time controlling my eating. I go to the grocery store and pick up things to plan out my eating day because I know my husband will be gone and I can eat whatever and whenever I want and the quantity doesn't matter either.

I eat so much that I am miserable afterwards, between the extremely full feeling the feelings of guilt that are there are terrible, I am not sure which is worse.

I bought the book Overcoming Binge Eating and also a workbook on Self Esteem, I am reading the binge eating book and have learned a lot, however there is so much they don't know about the condition because most people binge eat in secret and never seek treatment.

I am going to work really hard to conquer my binge eating and get back on the healthy lifestyle eating track as well as hitting the gym or doing some sort of exercise on a daily basis, for my mental and physical health.

I am sorry others suffer from this condition, but it is nice to know you are not alone and this is a wonderful way to hold yourself accountable and maybe overcome this terrible way of eating.
sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote