3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   My binge eating has to stop (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/17806-my-binge-eating-has-stop.html)

chanelchristian 11-20-2002 10:08 AM

I know what you are going through! I am a binge eater, hopefully a recovering one!! I started the Atkins diet on Tuesday, and am struggling to not eat of boredom, frustration, happiness, etc etc. Binge eating drove my weight up to OVER 300 pounds,

unfortunately, through bulimia, I have driven my weight down to 269. I am SO happy to be on the Atkins diet. I know if I go off it, I will be go back to purging what I binge on. I am just so tired of waiting till everyone is asleep, and throwing up till I can barely breathe, of constantly trying to explain why I always have a sore throat. The good thing about the atkins diet is you can eat until you are full, and I don't feel the need to "get rid of it" like I do when I am not on it.

We are here to support you! Come here anytime you feel the need to binge, we are here for you! :) That is what a support forum is for!

crustygirl 03-18-2003 01:28 AM

Hello again

Hi again everyone,

I've been sitting in the dust since I fell off the wagon last year. I realise now that this fat is not going to magically melt off me in my sleep, only hard work is gonna do it, since binging is my weakness.

Posting is so helpful, so I'm going to start that again too. I've re-gained about 10 pounds in the six months so I guess thats not too bad. Hoping I can get back on the ww trail and that all will be well for me.

I have to have faith in myself, that will get me through.

take care all

Belle:df:

Grin + Share it 03-22-2003 03:49 PM

Belle and all you other Beauties::

Belle your story of sitting in the dust after falling off the wagon applies to me too:yikes: It feels safe to be able to post here and not feel judged or totally abnormal. I have just come back from a week of cancer treatment. Did you know that many cancer patients actually gain weight?? Of course I fall into that catagory:shrug: . It's from the amount of steroids pumped into our bodies. But my binge eating started in college and has never been in total control. There has been a lot of wisdom in these posts. I totally agree with the message of just concentrating on this moment. As a former nurse I recognize the miracle of our lives and how amazing the body is at healing. I plan on cherishing each day of my life. NOw we need to take care of ourselves and know we are special and deserve health. Let's do this together ladies. Just take a small step today... they will add up into many good days, weeks and months. We are special today and do not need to wait until ( I lose weight, get the binging under control, ETC.) to enjoy our time on this beautiful planet. Be well my sisters...Lori

crustygirl 03-24-2003 12:42 AM

Well that put the lot into perspective, didn't it!

Lori you really put my whining in it's place.

Here I am whinging about my body undulating like the sea when I walk and you are surviving and really living your life to the max. I should know better as I had cancer removed from me too, and when it happened I remember feeling so relieved that it was gone, and so happy to be alive, just seeing my boys sleep, and even that schmaltzy stuff like rainbows and the smell of mown grass and people laughing (and a good chardy too, lets not forget the finer things!).

We are all special today, and even yesterday when we were cramming in as much cherry ripe chocolate as possible. And even tomorrow no matter what we are doing then.

Thankyou Lori, for reminding me how lucky I really am.

:)

Take care all
Belle

Grin + Share it 03-24-2003 11:32 AM

I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all Belle. It seems the older I get the less I know:joker: It always amazes me how many are touched by cancer. Apparently it touches 1 in 3 Canadians and I'm sure the American stats are similar. Even with the world at war we need to conquer our own food battles. Each victory makes us stronger women. I don't feel physically strong this week but have won many mental battles. Let's just do well today in all aspects of our life... Be well my sisters... Lori

beatlebomb 03-28-2003 08:53 AM

Have been a silent visitor reading - had felt so alone with this problem all my life as food as been such an obsession for me - felt I was not alone reading these responses. Have been trying to diet - was able to lose 75 lbs - but gained back 60 lbs - am attempting to try to lose again - have been able to lose 13 lbs but since the last weigh in have been continual eating - hopefully today is a new day and can start fresh

Grin + Share it 03-29-2003 01:22 PM

Hello Beatlebomb... what a interesting user name:wave: . Welcome to the group. We seem to be a little shy but like you know I think many read this board for awhile before posting. I certainly did. It is so difficult to voice our issues that we have all learned to hide so well. Like you I've gained and lost weight over and over, never feeling like I was normal. Lately I've had a real positive boost from reading the Sugar Buster's book and following that program. It's basically a common sense approach. It encourages making good choices and changing your lifestyle. I cannot bear the thought of being on another "DIEt".:rolleyes: :rolleyes: . I think that once we begin to recognize what wonderful and worthy people that we are, it will be easier to treat ourselves with love and make proper nutritional choices. I've also been listening to some of Wayne Dyers tapes and boy there is a lot of good information in his program. I highly recommend them!! Thank you for sharing BB and welcome..Lori

crustygirl 03-29-2003 05:17 PM

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Hi all!
Wondering if anyone else has much more drama controlling the 'ol pantry monster in those few days leading up to period central? I mean, it seems a bit unfair that as well as wanting to eliminate the entire toilet seat forgetting, empty container leaving, mess making male race from the planet, it appears I want to inhale the entire contents of my cupboards as well.:devil:

I've also noticed that I almost never eat something as I'm walking along...only the skinny chicks do that...weird.

At the moment I'm back on the ww trail, it seems to work the best for me as after the first week I don't feel overly deprived. Doesn't mean the deep fried goodies don't call to me though.

Oh well, we plug on and do our best!!

Take care all
Belle:df: