Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-27-2009, 06:45 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ July 27 - Aug. 2

Good Monday morning, chickies! Let's make this a binge-free week. All are welcome.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #2  
~jus' being me~

Yay for a new fresh week I am as always very diligent and a day ahead

Monday was good - stuck to my food plan, and even went to the gym Going to repeat the same tomorrow . . .

Have a good one gals!!

x
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5'3''

uhg i hope i can do this week, i almost did last week but ate some bad stuff. this is hard!!
emma1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #4  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi,

I would like to join you. This week, I plan to eat only when I am hungry and not past full.

Wishing you all an easy easy week!
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #5  
~jus' being me~

Welcome inthemist! And its not always easy is it Emma. I am waiting for the moment when it all clicks and is easy, when the days are not all about food. And I know that it can be like that so it keeps me hopeful
Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

I like the idea of "repeating" good healthy behavior. I rode my stationary for 45 min 2 days ago. I am going to repeat that today. repeat. repeat. repeat.

eat healthy. repeat.

sounds easy like the instructions on the shampoo bottle. Work into a lather. Rinse. Repeat.

wake up. Eat healthy. exercise. repeat. whoo! that's all there is!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #7  
~jus' being me~

LOL Jen! Yes it is like a shampoo ad . . . just follow the plan rinse repeat x a billion until everything is firm and strong and lean
Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #8  

hi i would like to join too!

I am a real binger i love to eat until i feel absoutely stuffed, otherwise i dont feel satisfied.

When im at university i make myself sick sometimes then eat more, but not very often.

Im back at home now so i cant do that, and my plan.

Only eat when im hungry and stop when i im not hungry anymore...not when im over full.

for example now...im full but i feel like eating and i dont know why!
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I came to the realization as I was working out this morning that I'm living in the past and/or future instead of living in the NOW. As in, I tally the number of days I've been on plan or how long it's been since I've started my "diet" (thinking about the past), spend waaaaay too much time in the mornings thinking about what I'm going to eat that day(thinking about the future) and I do this while eating breakfast, so I'm hardly enjoying my breakfast cause I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze the most food out of my Points and then I just get frustrated thinking about it and I end up eating the same thing day after day anyway (I think I've had a turkey sandwich for lunch everyday for the past two months and granola bars as snacks basically everyday as well). I think about food constantly and I HATE DOING THAT. I'm not sure why I do this, I'm going to try and figure it out.

I binged yesterday evening and it was triggered by the fact that I was UP 2.5lbs yesterday for no conceivable reason even though I've been perfectly on plan. It frustrated me, even though I know that it probably would have been down today. I managed to make it through the whole day and then I was ravenous at dinner time because my afternoon snack was not a wise choice and then I burnt part of my dinner and I just went nuts and started eating whatever I could find in the pantry. It was ridiculous. I ate until I felt sick and then I ate some more. This morning, I was up another 1.5lbs...well duh.

But, then something clicked. I realized that I'm doing what works for other people, and I never stopped to think if it would ever work for me. I've heard "plan, plan, plan" from every message board, dieting article, and weight-loss guru, so I assumed it would work for me. I don't think it does. I started planning the same things, I got stuck in a rut, it made me anxious and left me feeling like I was depriving myself. Last night when I binged, it was really cathartic, and I felt like pressure had been relieved. Now, I'm still disappointed in myself, but I'm not beating myself up about it. I'm not going to deprive myself today.

I'm also not planning a single thing today. I'm going to eat every three hours, and I'm going to focus on getting more protein and fiber and I'm not going to eat anything that comes in a foil wrapper (I'm looking at you, granola bars!) and I'm not eating a freaking turkey sandwich for lunch!!!

I'm not counting days on plan anymore either (and that's not just because today would have to be day 1, haha!). That builds up more pressure on me, I think. Each day is a new day, each day is a different day. I never got the idea of "lifestyle change." Oh, I told every one that I had made a "lifestyle change" and that I wasn't dieting. I realize now, that was a freaking lie. I was depriving myself, thinking about food constantly, and was just generally miserable. If that's my new "lifestyle" I'd like to return it cause I can't do it. I think I get the idea of a lifestyle change now. It means something different for me and it's not going to be the same as what other people think of as a lifestyle change. It means eating often and eating SMART so I don't get hungry (no more snacks in foil wrappers!). It means allowing myself to eat whatever I want as long as I account for it. So many people have "trigger foods" that they avoid at all costs. I thought "Other people have those, I must have them too! I'm going to avoid other people's trigger foods cause they must be mine too!" I realized today that that's not true. Why am I avoiding cookies if I can eat one cookie at lunch, count it in my daily points, and move on? Avoiding cookies only makes me crave cookies more.

And one other thing, I am definitely only weighing once a week now. And that day shall be Thursdays. For some reason my level of happiness depends on a freaking number generated by an electronic device and that's just nuts. If I see a higher number on the scale then I'd like, then I totally miss the fact that I may look really cute in a new shirt or that my arms look more toned then yesterday. All I can think about is that number. That's ridiculous. So yeah...no more weighing every day. It just doesn't work for me.

Sorry, this post has been really long and I probably haven't expressed myself clearly and you all probably think I'm nuts, haha. If you read it all, thanks, I just needed to let out what I've been ruminating on all morning. You all are just supportive and I'm so thankful for that!

Random question to end the post: anybody got any favorite high protein snacks that they like? Ones that are portable and don't need to be refridgerated would be great!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #10  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

up for the challenge. After making it through last week until yesterday, I think I can do it this week. Today will be day one. Thanks for all the support! It make such a huge difference to have people who have been there to talk you through it.
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #11  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

i hope i can do well, it seems to be so hard though.
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #12  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I have been having a fine day, lots of yummy fruit for lunch and plans for a healthy supper... However, I was just totally thrown off by a commercial: 2 large Pizza Hut 2-topping pizzas for $18. Pizza is a big weakness, I love to binge on it and follow it with a high calorie dessert to the point I can't even get off the couch.

I don't want to mess up my diet but there's such a drive to just pick up the phone and order those glorious pizzas. I don't want to give in though and I so hope that I won't.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

sharing, hun you can do it.

Emily, you got to find what works for you chica!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #14  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Whoo! I'm joining in!

This is my first week in a new diet plan! So glad you guys put it on.
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #15  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Beth- don't order the pizza. I think of the wonderful taste of the food I'm going to eat (love pizza too), but afterwards the taste is gone and I'm left with the extra calories and the feeling that I let myself down. Get busy with something fun and wait it out. The urge will go away and you will feel sassy because you didn't give in and you followed your plan.
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote