3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binged and not letting it get to me! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/177158-binged-not-letting-get-me.html)

homiegiiib 07-21-2009 12:43 AM

Binged and not letting it get to me!

Binged... Not letting it get to me!

So tonight I binged after a week of being a very good girl. And for once in my life, I don't feel bad about it. Sure, I feel like crap right now cause of the junk I ate, but I'm not going to let one stupid binge ruin it for me. I proved to myself I was able to take control all last week with starting new. Now I know I can continue to have control.

When I binge, it's more with fast food than regular junk you get from a grocery store. But last week, I was able to tell my body NO when it came to craving certain foods on the way home from work. I really hate the fact that we let food control our bodies when it should be the other way around.

I know I'm going to screw up and have my binges from time to time but that shouldn't make me consider myself as an overall failure in being healthier. I have considered myself a failure because of that in the past. Then I would binge nearly everyday (which has me to the unhealthy weight I am now). Now, I am choosing to stay strong and healthy. This is just a bump in the road that we have to cross over and move on :)

jendiet 07-21-2009 08:56 AM

oh sweetie, that is right. Forget it and move on! You can do it!

luckymommy 07-22-2009 02:14 PM

Your post is so inspirational! I think that this is all psychological and if you can get your head around it all (which you are), then you will definitely be healthier!

Irene

misspiggy408 07-22-2009 02:39 PM

Right on!! And you shouldn't! LOL I think that's most important. When you fall off, get right back on again. Thats what prevented me from dropping weight at my heaviest. I would have a binge, and think "oh well, i screwed up so maybe i'll start again next Monday ...." Next thing you know i'm starting over again, but a few lbs heavier from my binge.

MugCanDoIt 07-22-2009 05:19 PM

Right On Sista!

TamiL 07-22-2009 09:53 PM

Don't consider it a binge. Think of it as an occasional treat and you deserve to have it. I went out and had an ice cream cone at McDonalds today and I don't feel one bit guilty about it :) I haven't had one of those in almost a year.

emma1101 07-25-2009 12:25 AM

you know the same thing just happened to me today. i had some white pasta and some ice cream :/ and i just found out too i lost my first 5 lbs! and then i eat that crap? so i came here for support and i did good for a week until today. but yup, moving on, getting back on the routine. just hope that didnt put any weight on..i was so excited to lose my first few pounds

PatientlyWeighting 07-29-2009 01:43 PM

I used to try and "diet" and I would go into those binge sessions and I'd sulk about it and think, "well there goes my diet." And it'd be back to my old habits. Great job on saying forget that slip up! I've been going strong now for 2 and a half months with no binges and it feels awesome!! I wish you the best of luck with your road ahead in your LIFESTYLE CHANGE!! (I've learned that you don't diet!) Last night I laid in bed thinking, "I should go down that bag of Cheetos, a glass of chocolate milk, half a bag of Oreos and then a glass of white milk." Luckily, I fell asleep before I did the dirty deed of binging. Whenever you get the impulse to do it again, busy yourself with some mundane task, or exercise! Everytime I want to stuff my face, I work my tush off. Best of luck!