3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   setting a cut off time really works! And VENT (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/177004-setting-cut-off-time-really-works-vent.html)

jendiet 07-19-2009 12:29 PM

setting a cut off time really works! And VENT

I was majorly stressed last night because when I went to pick my son up from his friend's house at dark--we found out his bike got stolen. I finished eating for the night at 8:43 due to my WOE.

we called the cops and I realized they weren't going to DO ANYTHING.

so we started to walk the neighborhood looking for witnesses. We found 2. Who had seen a group of boys pushing MY BIKE down the hill!

WE thought it was one group of boys that were playing with my son earlier.

Then we got information that it was a different group of boys and the other boy who was playing with my son knew their names.

I was told by my son's friend momma that they would try to figure out where the bike was.

all the while I kept fighting the urge to go to the kitchen. We watched click together until Midnight. The whole time I kept feeling the need to eat. Instead I worked out. My little boy was feeling it too--he kept saying he was starving. I told him no sweetie-you are stressed.

I really think if I had not set a cut off time--I would have been in the kitchen looking for a healthy snack--and end up with cookies....icecream...I mean my stomach was just growling!

I got up early today. I woke up STARVING (that is not normal for me). The stress was making me literally hungry--NOT JUST THINKING I was hungry--but literally!

I drank some water and went out looking for my son's bike again. we drove around the next neighborhood asking for information and getting ideas where to look.

FINALLY, the little boy who was playing with my son the night it was stolen..told me HE FOUND THE BIKE. WE tried to find it, but couldn't. Then that little boy took us straight to the house.

I ran up to the bike, and grabbed it a and RAN WITH IT, shoving it in the trunk. The boy's momma came out hollering trying to tell me he said he found it. I told her I really didn't care, I was just glad my son got his bike back. I told the little boy be more careful what you pick up.

I'm a little more calm now. And now I notice I am tired, not really hungry.

I seem to be getting "I'm stressed" signals mixed up with "I"m hungry" pretty severely. I just thank the Lord He answered our prayers to get the bike back.

Madison 07-19-2009 09:09 PM

I do that too!

So glad your son got his bike back! :)

bargoo 07-19-2009 09:48 PM

Good detective work, so glad you got your son's bike back. Congratulations on not giving into stress eating !

jendiet 07-19-2009 10:06 PM

Thank you ladies, I took a nap after I wrote that I was bushed. Yeah, I am glad the "detective" work payed off. It's just sad when you don't feel like law enforcement is effective to help.