3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Food has become my world. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/173764-food-has-become-my-world.html)

Rill 06-09-2009 01:35 AM

Food has become my world.

The only thing I ever think about is food. I wake up, eat fruits and nuts, and by 3 I storm the kitchen, not hungry, just crazed to swallow junk food. Throughout every day I think today will be the first day I won't binge. But it is apparent that it is an inevitable roadblock I face each afternoon. In the time I'm not thinking about staying away from food, or shoving my face, I'm hating my body. I just can't say no to food. I don't think I could handle getting on a scale at this point. I try and exercise, but I can't help the binge, so it's impossible to move very much for the rest of the night. My weight has impacted my life too much since I usually decline social outings because I'm just so uncomfortable with my appearance. I feel that if I was thin, my life would be amazing and I wouldn't have to be shy anymore. However, I'm so embarassed about this that there's no way I could tell anyone. Especially my family since they are all skinny, so they don't have a problem with the loads of junkfood in the house. And I'm good at covering up all my fat, so people haven't noticed too much... I could really use some advice because I don't know how to continue from here.

megwini 06-09-2009 02:13 AM

You're going to have to try to get the junk food out of your house. If you say your family doesn't have a problem with having it around, could you ask them about it? It sounds like you're having a real problem resisting it. If you really want to lose weight you have to target the problem directly, and that is your relationship with food. Try to figure out why it is the only thing you ever think about. Do you feel like you need something more in your life? When did it start? Do you feel you are using food to compensate for something? If you can figure out what is causing you to binge and eat food when your body doesn't need it, you regain control and can use it as a tool for change. If you merely try dieting without trying to target the real reason WHY you are binging in the first place, you might just end up yo-yoing over and over again, losing and gaining the same pounds over and over again, your relationship with food unchanging. I truly believe one needs to get to the root of the problem to gain control.
I know it's not easy, but I do want you to know that if you need help, we're here for you. I hope you can figure out your problem and move past it, so you can be the kind of person you really want to be and not have to feel like your weight is holding you back! But don't forget that no matter what, it's on the inside that counts the most. Never forget that.

JulieJ08 06-09-2009 12:11 PM

Are you eating anything after the fruit and nuts? It's much harder to avoid a binge when you're not staying full on healthy foods. It's biology. Going hungry makes you obsessed with food and binging. They've done studies.

Rill 06-09-2009 10:12 PM

I guess that's the problem, I don't know why I do it. But I'm pretty sure it's because I don't like my body, so I eat to feel better. Thanks for your help!