Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 106/128/98-106

Height: 5'2

Thumbs down Major Disgusting Binge :(

So today I woke up and made my breakfast.

3 egg omlette with cheese and 4 lil tiny brown rolls which was fine, I know this may seem like alot for most people but I kind of consider this as my breakfast and lunch in one.

I sat down to eat it and felt okay, then went to the fridge for a drink picked up a packet of Ryvita minis (around 100 cals) noticed we have some very tasty looking dark chocolate cookies.............. I know I cant eat any or it will end up in a binge, all sense went out the window, I took 7 of them (around 120 cals each) and then I had this taste for chocolate I then went on to have 2 galaxy chocolate bars (around 250 cals each)

To make things worse I have now taken 2 laxatives..............

I feel like I will never understand why I do this to myself. Things have been pretty bad for me lately but this is the first time in weeks, maybe months I have binged like this.

Today was supposed to be a good day, id go to the gym and eat healthily.

I cant go to the gym now, my stomach is SO sore.

In the past I binged a few times a week and used laxatives regulary, I thought I had finally tought myself to enjoy food and eat what I want in moderation.

Do you ever feel like your 'self detruct' button has been pushed? I have wasted another day of my life by being weak and pathetic. The only positive thing I have to say is that in the past I would have just ate all the 5 galaxy bars that are in the packet..............

Im sorry to anyone that has read this, I just had to get it out.
marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Please get rid of the laxatives. After destroying them, set yourself up for success and get rid of the choc and whatnots that are so tempting. You are in a healthy BMI. Just get back on your plan and keep pedaling. Quit loathing yourself and abusing your body. My heart goes out to you.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

You are not weak and pathetic, you just have issues you are dealing with, just like the rest of us. We are going to slip up from time to time, its a given. Just dont let this continue....thats the important thing. Eat healthy for the rest of the day and just put this behind you. You can do it.........dont give up. Dont give up...
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 139/134.8/125

Height: 5'5"

]i am new to this site. i decided to check it out today after i had a bad night. i ate and i ate and would have continued but instead laid down and fell asleep because i felt grossly full. i use to be 160 lbs, lost 40 lbs and then gained back almost 10. i decided not to let it get any worse. i lose several pounds and keep gaining and losing the same 2 to 3 lbs. i am going to do as the others told you, dust myself off and start over. i won't let this mishap make me cave in for good. please do the same and get rid of the laxatives. lets start over, OK? i am new to the forum and hope that the encouragement from others dealing with the same things will encourage and help us both. i know i only have a small amount to lose but it's just as frustrating and i fear ending up at the weight i was at several years back. i have my wedding in the fall and want to look and feel my best! take care!
Marta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #5  

I cant get rid of the bad stuff cos I dont live alone, thing is I do normally eat a bar of chocolate a day cos otherwise I try and be healthy, I dont like to deprive myself as for many years I did this and dont want to go back to living on 500 calories a day :/

You guys are so kind, im afraid ive always hated my body and feel mega guilty with every lapse and mistake I make, I always seem to punish myself
Old 06-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/115

It happens to all of us at some point in time. I do agree that the laxatives should go, though. Don't worry about it hun; start fresh tomorrow.
abielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #7  

You guys are all so sweet! I took your advice I had a healthy dinne and did in fact go to the gym despite feeling crappy I did a 45 min spin class, went on the treadmill for 20 mins and the stationary bike for 30 so I dont feel quite so bad.

Have to get this in perspective, forget about it and move on. Thanks to everyone's kind words
Old 06-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #8  
Brown eyed girl

S/C/G: 245.6/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3

way to go girl! get right back on track.. you should feel very proud of yourself for not binging anymore today.. you could have easily given the whole day up and started fresh tomorrow but you didn't! That is awesome!!
krystalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #9  
Manager

S/C/G: 176.2/115.2/120

Height: 5'1"

I just read this thread and I have to say I am more then concerned. At your goal weight of 98 lbs you will be underweight as per BMI Index. For 5'2" and 120 lbs is very very healthy. What are you doing to yourself? Im sorry to be this way but hearing about the binging and then the laxatives and the weight you are and trying to get to has me very worried for you. Have you spoken to a dr?
I would strongly recommend you do.
Eating and exercise is all very well in moderation when your already a small frame. Please Please go speak with a professional!!!! And please be nice to your body. Its the only one you get!!! Good Luck!!
Dria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #10  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I cant get rid of the bad stuff cos I dont live alone, thing is I do normally eat a bar of chocolate a day cos otherwise I try and be healthy, I dont like to deprive myself as for many years I did this and dont want to go back to living on 500 calories a day :/

You guys are so kind, im afraid ive always hated my body and feel mega guilty with every lapse and mistake I make, I always seem to punish myself
First off...what is the difference between eating your room mates food, or tossing it? You say you can't get rid of it because you don't live alone...but you are getting rid of it by eating it...what is that all about?

Also...you say you have one chocolate bar a day but other wise you try to be healthy...okay, that is great...but the chocolate is what sent you into a binge right?...

Finally, Laxatives are totally not the answer. You probably don't know this since you continue to use them, but they totally don't stop any fat absorption from the body. Unlike the diet drugs Alli or Xenical, they don't block your body from absorbing fat. All they do is help retain water in your colon so that you can poop easier. They will not undo any damage and they will not help you lose weight. They make you poop by loosening up what is already in there (after digestion) by adding water.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-05-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

By the way, some of the other ladies here also have roomies or husbands that want junk food around. Some of them have found it helpful to have one cabinet or bin where all the junk is located. They know that area is NOT theirs and never go into it. It sometimes helps when it's out of your line of vision.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #12  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I have a shelf in the pantry which is all my stuff. Its right at my eye level. I have a place in the fridge especially for me, its colorful and bright and full of colors. All healthy and fresh. Now my husband does it a lot of the same foods I do but, he for one needs more calories, two he likes to snack on different things. How about setting up a place just for you, which is appealing to you.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

Dria, Marina is in the UK so I'm assuming her weight isn't in pounds but rather KGs.

Marina, oh honey, please don't get upset over your binge. We've all been there from time to time. You have to accept what you've done and move on. Not tomorrow but at that very moment. No one is perfect...and anyone who claims to be is lying their arses off.

Also, if the chocolates are your roommates food then you really shouldn't be touching them in the first place. If they're the overly friendly type that won't say anything to you about it, ask that they do. The idea may be enough to steer you away from the junk food they bring in.

And I'm sure you know, the laxatives will not solve any issues. You may lose weight from them but you're also loosing vital vitamins and destroying your natural digestive process. You are doing more harm to your body than good. If this is a reoccurring problem, you may wish to seek a counselor that specializes in food disorders.
AtlGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #14  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
First off...what is the difference between eating your room mates food, or tossing it? You say you can't get rid of it because you don't live alone...but you are getting rid of it by eating it...what is that all about?

Also...you say you have one chocolate bar a day but other wise you try to be healthy...okay, that is great...but the chocolate is what sent you into a binge right?...

Finally, Laxatives are totally not the answer. You probably don't know this since you continue to use them, but they totally don't stop any fat absorption from the body. Unlike the diet drugs Alli or Xenical, they don't block your body from absorbing fat. All they do is help retain water in your colon so that you can poop easier. They will not undo any damage and they will not help you lose weight. They make you poop by loosening up what is already in there (after digestion) by adding water.
Hiya, I dont think having so called bad food around is what triggers me to binge as my house pretty much always has loads of temptations but I know to limit myself to just one bar of chocolate

I know laxatives are SO SO very bad for me, its just a habit I binge I use laxatives, its a bad habit I know and its one I am trying to get out of. Before this binge I had been doing well for so long, I just need to remind myself just how bad I feel after taking them and I should be able to not use them should I binge again.

The last time I checked 98 pounds was just within the healthy weight range? I have a really small frame and look best at this weight, I know its above underweight and no more but it really shows (and feels) to me like im fat at this weight :/ I just dont feel comfortable at all.

I know I need to change my ways, at the moment im just plodding along taking one day at a time trying to be as healthy as I can
Old 06-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGirl View Post
Dria, Marina is in the UK so I'm assuming her weight isn't in pounds but rather KGs.

Marina, oh honey, please don't get upset over your binge. We've all been there from time to time. You have to accept what you've done and move on. Not tomorrow but at that very moment. No one is perfect...and anyone who claims to be is lying their arses off.

Also, if the chocolates are your roommates food then you really shouldn't be touching them in the first place. If they're the overly friendly type that won't say anything to you about it, ask that they do. The idea may be enough to steer you away from the junk food they bring in.

And I'm sure you know, the laxatives will not solve any issues. You may lose weight from them but you're also loosing vital vitamins and destroying your natural digestive process. You are doing more harm to your body than good. If this is a reoccurring problem, you may wish to seek a counselor that specializes in food disorders.
Hiya, yah just getting over it is definately the right idea, I like to forget that it happened as there have been times ive made myself feel so guilty my binges have lasted for days.... Thats why I just got off my butt and went to the gym as normal.

The chocolate I ate was mine, I love chocolate. I refuse to give up the things I enjoy I know the key is just to enjoy everything in moderation which is usually fine as I can resist the urge to binge 70% of the time. I really dont know what triggers me to binge I wish I had the answers!

I know how bad laxatives are, the next day or so after taking them I feel SO bad you think I would learn my lesson, its just a horrible habit I need to break free off. I hate to think I am causing my body damage its scary

Thanks for your comment