3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free challenge ~ May 11 - 17 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/171434-binge-free-challenge-%7E-may-11-17-a.html)

WardHog 05-11-2009 06:42 AM

Binge-free challenge ~ May 11 - 17

Good Monday morning, chickies! Let's make this a binge-free week. All are welcome!

wannabe118 05-11-2009 07:28 AM

This is exactly what I need. :smug:

harrismm 05-11-2009 12:09 PM

Day 14 for me..........aiming for a full month!!!!!!!

EsperanzaBella82 05-11-2009 02:57 PM

Working on Day 12 today.

Had ice cream yesterday but did not binge or overindulge. Wanted more but refrained.

TOM arrived today (joy of joys) and my weight is somehow UP 1 lb.? I am thinking it is water weight from TOM. Grrrrr. I feel yucky and grumpy today even though I did 2.5 miles w/ Zach this morning. 5:30 AM is our new exercise time.

I need to start going to the gym again. I used to go all the time to use the elliptical and weight machines. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and if so I will go. I want to aim to go at least 3x a week for the rest of the month.

Hope everybody else is doing well!

WormwoodDoll 05-11-2009 09:26 PM

I need this, too. I keep going on/off. Hopefully tomorrow will be a kick start to staying OP!

just_a_dreamy1 05-11-2009 09:52 PM

I'm in! Day 2 today for me. My goal for 30 days is to NOT binge...they say it takes 30 days to break a habit, so I'm giving myself a fair chance!

Best of luck, ladies!

Mama K 05-11-2009 10:52 PM

Hi, I am back. Day 14. I flew to NC on Friday night. It was an overnight flight but all I had was fruit. I made some bad food choices but stuck to three meals a day, with just a little popcorn and fruit on the flights. I did eat chips and queso and baked potatoes with sour cream when I was out there but I didn't go overboard and I didn't have flour or sugar. I was sooooo tempted.

Saturday and Sunday I sat by my friends bed and sang him songs for hours on end. He passed away last night during the night.

I am home now, just until Wednesday when we fly to Europe, which will be another test. I am going to try to eat 3 meals a day and avoid flour and sugar. I am not going to worry too much about my weight until I get back.

Not binging is more important right now.

The weight will come off in time.

I need to not go crazy.

Star2Be 05-12-2009 02:34 AM

Blaaah, I don't have much time to write any personals, but I just wanted to check in on this week's thread! Today was day 23 for me... I'm still shocked... :dizzy: And in typical "Meredith" luck, I have yet another stupid paper due next Monday, which I'm totally stressed about, so I'm just hoping I'll be able to get through this one without binging--I've already proven that it's possible with my good behavior this past weekend, so I'm just hoping I can keep it up! I had a brief panicky moment this morning because I was starting to freak out about the paper - just feeling like I'm sooo not prepared to write it - and had a really strong urge to binge... Probably the strongest one I've had recently, actually! But luckily I wasn't really around any food, so I was able to resist by default, heh. :^:

See you ladies tomorrow! I'll be back to write some personals. :p

pinkplatypus 05-12-2009 03:01 AM

Hello ladies. :) I am joining your weekly binge free thread. I hope that is ok. I am on day #1 of my journey. Well, not really. I've been on the "journey" for a long time. About a year ago, I got serious about losing weight and lost about 35 pounds. In the past three months, I started a new job, moved into a new apartment and moved in with my boyfriend. Because of all the changes, I started binging more and more. I don't really know how much weight I've put back on...maybe 15 pounds. I know it's important to stop the cycle before I put all the weight back on. I am training for a marathon, so my exercise is not the problem...it's the food. Today has been a very good day so far. One thing I'm trying that is different from other times, is I'm not really making any food off limits. Whenever I tell myself I can't have something, I freak out and want more and more and more. Here's to the first day on my journey to success. :)

just_a_dreamy1 05-12-2009 08:11 AM

Mama K - I'm so sorry for your loss.

*HUGS*

newself09 05-12-2009 09:22 AM

I'm doing this too. :) I am starting today, so far so good (yeah it's only 9am LOL). Not only am I not going to binge, I am not going to eat flour or sugar either. I had plain yogurt which I normally would not touch but I mixed it with bananas and it was yummy. I also had oatmeal with no sugar and survived lol

harrismm 05-12-2009 11:34 AM

Day 15 for me.Hope you all have a binge free day!

FutureSkinnyChick 05-12-2009 11:35 AM

I'm in! I started 3FC on Friday and haven't binged since then. My brother left a box of donuts at my house on Sunday. I had 1/4 of a donut while my family was here. They left half a dozen behind! Uh oh!!!!!!

I came home yesterday from work and ate 1 donut and that's it.:D For dinner I had whole wheat pasta with ground turkey. I felt really good when I went to bed.

MY GOAL FOR TODAY: GO TO THE GYM! (Haven't gone in about 2 weeks)

WormwoodDoll 05-12-2009 10:47 PM

WTG Meredith!!

just_a_dreamy1 - I got up to 50something days. It's a great start! Good luck!

pinkplatypus - Good luck on day 1!

As for me I ate OP and I went to the gym today. I had a confidence boost: I measured my waist and I went from 52" to 48" since Jan/February. I KNOW I can lose more inches if I hit the gym, so I had NO struggles getting there today!

Mama K 05-13-2009 01:49 AM

day 15.:hug: