Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/142/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Is it enough of a goal to just manintain my weight over Easter?

So, whenever there is a holiday and candy, it is nearly impossible for me to totally stay way from candy. This year, I am trying to listen to my body and stop when I have had too much. In the past even if I felt uncomofortable I just seemed to keep eating the sugar to the point of feeling gross. Today I had some m&m's from my daughter's Easter basket and a few other pieces of candy and I still feel ok, not stuffed and nasty but full, full enough that the idea of more candy does not sound good. I am trying to remember that I feel best when I eat well.

So do you think it is enough to just try and not gain any weight and let myself have some of the forbidden candy?
todayistheday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

If that's what you want to do, go for it! You can't tell yourself you'll never eat candy again. This is a life change NOT a diet. Just eat it in moderation and make sure you listen to yourself!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

That's what I will do. I will be eating light Saturday and Sunday to leave room (calorie wise) for lots of candy--namely ROBIN EGGS.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 04-09-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Absolutely! My goal isn't to lose weight over Easter weekend - talk about no fun at all! If I maintain, I'm more than happy!

My favourites are Peeps, and Reese's eggs.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

You have to enjoy some candy/chocolate/guilty pleasure sometime and much better to do it in a controlled way then to just go nuts and keep eating.

I still have not learned how to eat a little bit of junk food. Stomach pains, feeling full ... I just keep going.

So maybe think of it as something you'll need to get adjusted to and how great we have a holiday weekend for you to practice!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

It's absolutely OK. Your diet is not a matter of national security .

Well, I should clarify, because I think for some, indulging a little may send them off track. You have to know yourself in that regard. But, I don't think it's a matter "should."
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5'11"

I'm not expecting to lose this next week. I'm staying really close on my food this week, though, in preparation. I'm going to stay away from candy because I can't stop once I get started, but I cannot lie--I've been thinking about mom's ham and potatoes & gravy for days now and I really am looking forward to it! But the sodium--eeeeeeeeeek. It's not gonna be pretty!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #8  

I love candy, but I know it is not good for my heath and when I eat too much, I will feel guilty.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #9  

Maintaining over any holiday is cause for celebration!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #10  
Rif

S/C/G: 340/148/145

Height: 5'9"

In a lifetime of eating healthy, one day of is a blip. Enjoy yourself!
Rif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #11  
sugar is the devil

I say that is a perfectly acceptable goal. If you wanting a little candy to get over your cravings - do it! If you don't, you will be constantly thinking about it. I'm not saying eat every chocolate in sight. But a nibble here and there, it will be enough to satisfy your craving PLUS enjoy yourself on the holidays. Which I think you are doing well - you already said you had a handful of this and a couple of that and stopped when you notice you were satisfied! GOOD JOB! and enjoy the Easter Holidays
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #12  

I have to completely refrain from eating any kind of candy or baked goods. For me its not about the sweet item itself but about eating so much of it that I go into a daze and get numb.I know if I start it I won't stop. So for now I don't have the sweets at all. maybe when i get to where i want to go I'll be able to incorporated back in, maybe not. We'll see!

90lbs gone 30 to go
jglebtt is offline   Reply With Quote