Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #31  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Just so some of you know, DF and I mended things. We had a long argument and a very long talk. I firmly believe that it was a much needed dispute to bring us closer together. We were both unhappy with a few things in our relationship, but didn't want to confront the other about these things. It caused a lot of stress and discomfort, but things are fine now.
--

On day #38. The last two haven't been my best days.

I was really craving a cheese steak, so I had a cheese steak! I think that when you ignore your cravings, it will lead to a binge on foods that weren't even close to what you were craving. That is how I've been able to steer clear from indulging in so many calories and just binging. Yesterday I wanted an Auntie Anne's pretzel (which it has been SO long since I've had one)...My DF offered to split one (half the calories) so I could enjoy it. He's been calorie counting as well and has lost about 20lbs!

Anyways, I hope all of you ladies are doing well!

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 03-18-2009 at 01:43 PM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Jendiet!! Good for you for making good choices!! OUr nearest and dearest can be our worst enemies even if they do it because they love us!!

BF will say "You have been so good this week, let's go for dessert!"

He's on a 10 day stretch at the hospital so won't be seeing him till the last weekend in March. So there should be 11 days binge free.
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

omg! Wormwood I am so happy for you! I hope this taught you about the power of communication in your relationship..Good for you that you had the things you really wanted and didn't binge!

Hotsplashes--lol..I am guessing he works at the hospital...

I would tell him good idea honey...why don't we go get some low fat frozen yogurt with real fruit? or something..

my bf thing is let's go to Sonic and get some icecream...AND I love their pie milkshakes...coconut cream is something I die for..

soooo if I do get one..I share with my son ..I have to split portions immediately or I will eat too much!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'4

lol im going to join in

but starting tomorrow i guess cause
on my bike ride today with my "hubby" we went to dairy queeen :O
a no no.. but it was sweet of him

even tho theres only like 3 days left..baby steps//...

Last edited by Jassica; 03-18-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Jassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #35  

well, I did not binge today yay! I had a good day..and the stress for now..is gone..although when my bf read my post for today..he said

"come on honey, let's go get a coconut cream pie milk shake" lol...
Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Great job ladies!

Jendiet, I love your BFs idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
"come on honey, let's go get a coconut cream pie milk shake" lol...
! That is so totally something my DH would say - "You've worked so hard, lets go get some donuts." Ugh, yup, donuts are just what I need.

Today I was doing so well. I got up, did my pilates, walked all the way to work (0.7 miles) for the first time since I had my surgery AND it didn't take me 30 minutes at invalid pace, I restrained myself and ordered the grilled vegetable salad with dressing on the side (which I only used really a teaspoon of) for lunch. I was soooooo good! Unfortunately, my stupid stomach derailed me a bit when it decided to go all nauseous on me at around 3:00pm. Ugh, I am so sick of doctors and their inability to figure out what's wrong with my tummy! Sorry for the rant! I fed it a LUNA bar hoping that it would quiet it down, but here I am at 8:45 with some stomach weirdness still going on.

My train home was delayed because someone decided to commit suicide - what an awful way to go and the poor conductors having to deal with the fact that they couldn't do anything to prevent it - so I was starving and the nausea hadn't entirely went away. I totally wanted to just get home and lay on the couch while burying my face in whatever bag/box of nasties we had laying around. Sexy huh?

Instead, I over did it a bit at dinner - eyes bigger than stomach - but I was really proud of myself when I poured the rest of the giant bowl of potato chips I was going to eat back into the bag after having only one serving. I have NEVER done that - instead I would have eaten them even though I felt sick from being so full. I was disappointed that I couldn't really exercise, but exercise and stomach pain seems like a really really really bad combination.

Here I am at almost 9:00, still nauseous, but not searching for things to fill up the empty/nausea feeling like I would have done before because I finally seem to have gotten it through my head that it's not hunger and that no amount of food will help it. I'm going to guzzle some chamomile and mint tea and see if that helps....here goes nothing

Since the wonky tummy has been MIA for a while I'm hoping tomorrow it will be back in hiding and I'll be able to have a better day.

Good luck tomorrow ladies! Keep up the good work!
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #37  
ida

Daw, jendiet, that's sweet ^^ Thank you.

So one full week binge free now. That would feel better if I had lost some weight since last week... but I'm not giving up. It has to move until next Thursday, right?
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #38  

yay! Everyone is doing so well..

omg Paniana..that is so terrible! Poor person that felt so desperate! I hope your tummy gets better...i have a lot of tummy issues...

I get nauseated when I am overtired, too hungry, didn't sleep the night before, ride in a car, smell something terrible and when I have a migraine...

doctors don't know everything.

Hooray for telling those chips who is boss!

no binging for me today either..yesterday I was tempted with some pasta linguine...usually when I make tuna alfredo..I mix the tuna in the pasta...this is a bad idea..because I find myself trying to get more tuna (the pasta comes with it) and I will eat too much.

Well I cooked the tuna seperately and added yummy spices to it...and I took a meager portion of linguine and good portion of the tuna and heaping portion of spinach...yay...I won against linguine!

I am hungry now though, so I better eat before I try to binge!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good Morning Ladies!

Jen, the frozen yogurt is a great idea... Usually BF says "Let's go to Dairy Queen!!" I love the Oreo Blizzards.

I miss Sonic. No Sonics up here in Canada!!lol

Paniana, What a horrible event. And your poor tummy.. I suggest Ginger tea. Ginger is a natural remedy for nausea. Mint sometimes aggravates a rumbly tummy. I have a lovely loose tea that is Peach w/ Ginger. Take it every time I have an icky tummy. That's why when we were little and had the flu, Mom gave us Ginger Ale!!

Down a pound for the week. No Binges!!! YAYYYYY....

Of course I am in too much pain to walk anywhere to buy junkfood. Crutches make travel to the store too slow!lol

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 180/150/130

Height: 5'4"

well i made it through the birthday party last night without having any cake! i am so proud of myself, towards the end of the evening i started to try to rationalize things and talk myself into having just a small bite, but in the end the smart side, the one that knows i would not stop at just a bite won out! i was so proud of myself and still high off of acheivment this morning that i got up early and went for a brisk walk. now if i can keep this up until the cupcakes are gone, i will be doing better than i have been able to do in years.

Last edited by JenniCole; 03-19-2009 at 11:56 AM.
JenniCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #41  

Yay! Jennicole! I am so proud of you! I know the feeling...I have done that "just one bite" talk to myself before..and it ended up being 2 huge pieces.

If you have better control over things that are portioned for you...sorry cutting the cake doesn't limit portions for me! Maybe a chocolate pudding cup or a tapioca pudding cup--something light and satisfying..would make you feel so you are not being deprived?

another way for me to limit my portions automatically. Is to get a piece and send the cake home with someone else than I share it with the my son and boyfriend.

I am so proud of you!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #42  

Thanks Hotsplashes, you have a good day too. I am off to exercise 4 real this time!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #43  

Thanks jendiet.. its so nice to hear that, the only time i hear it at home is when i say it to myself...

i work mon-thurs, which is pretty easy to stay on task, at work only have what i bring etc... but now i start my weekend.. which is usually terrible for me, any weight that i would have lost during the week is usually put back on and then some on the weekends.. here goes nothing
Old 03-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #44  

and jendiet, you are doing AWESOME too!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #45  

Aww thanks! That's what we are her for to support each other! Well I am proud of myself..I finally got of my arse and did lunges, situps, and sideplanks...

I did 30 min moderate intensity ddr!

I am sweaty and worked out..yay!