Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #61  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Managed not to binge yesterday, but sure didn't stay on plan. Getting back to plan is today's goal. Need to go shopping for more veggies, and we are going for a nice walk in a bit. Its sunny and warmen, not below freezing anyhow.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #62  

Stayed pretty close to calories but had a piece of cherry pie last night that might have put me slightly over.Thant goodness it was the only piece in the house.I would have totally eating the whole thing.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #63  

Jendiet-Thanks for your reply.I will have to look into that.I am really nervous.Last time I quit for 14 months but I was so depressed and misreable.Quit cold turkey which they dont suggest.So this time I am doing a lot of research.Have a great weekend.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

you too! I know quitting is hard...I used to smoke...I didn't quit though..I got delivered..wierd story..however..before I got delivered..I TRIED so hard...I couldn't even afford cigarettes anymore...I was worried my temper flare ups while I was trying to quit would also affect my baby...

so I want you to know...i KNOW how hard it is...you think if you just cut back you can quit? It's so much harder than that...it's because cigarettes use basic life functioning chemicals to keep you addicted..it's so WRONG...have you ever noticed someone who smokes a long time trembles? this is because the nicotine mimicks a chemical that causes muscle contractions!

so you definitely need a nervine--which valerian is one...it calms down the rapid nerve impulses...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #65  

Oh I wouldn't feel bad..that you ate only one piece...but if more was there...you would have ate the whole thing..been there done that...

I"m glad you got a yummy treat in moderation!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #66  

thanks fatmad! Don't worry you can do it...make sure to avoid any trigger foods..or trigger situations...but be able to identify them...veggies are a good idea..but I find if I start eating veggies..in a binge mood...I will quickly go to much unhealthier foods...so I just don't eat during the binge mood...or trigger.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #67  

. I'm sure next week will be better for me..last night did me in.

Congrats on all of you who did great this week

Take Care All.

ASoutherner~
ASoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #68  

Today feels like a binge day...think it was because I drank 1 beer last night...I feel so sluggish..and it's raining!

so far, I got up and cooked breakfast...pretty heavy compared to what I normally eat...so I still feel sluggish...going to do a little ddr
Old 03-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #69  
ida

WormwoodDoll, so sorry about you and your fiance. And I'm sure he's just as broken up about it as you are - he has to be - but maybe he's trying to ignore it right now. When my friend broke up with her long-term boyfriend, she acted completely cool with it for months until she broke down. She didn't realise how much she hurt. I think it's just a defense mechanism, to focuse on other things, escape from reality. AND, I can't believe you haven't binged yet either! That's so strong and if anything is inspiring, it's you and your willpower! Hang in there<3

And I'm into day four, by the way. I had a pretty freaky weekend... my friend drank way too much, the police came and drove us to hospital, I stayed with her there, and just the whole weekend feels surreal.
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #70  

wow..ida that sounds pretty yucky...glad your friend is ok! well, I pulled myself somewhat up out of the slump! I exercised and cleaned up...yay.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #71  

Day was ok.Weather was beautiful.Not much of an appetite today.Actually dont feel like cooking which usually leads to unhealthy snack foods.We will see what the evening brings.Kids always want pizza........
Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #72  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I ve had nice downtime this weekend. But am up a pound, no doubt from my bingeing and not staying on plan.
Goal this week is to stay on plan, and generally plan better. Its march break here, hope to have my daughter do some cooking etc. But no pilates on yoga classes either, so will have to be diligent with the wii fit.
Keep up the good work everyone, lets have a binge free week starting again tomorrow!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #73  

I agree with you the PLANNING is so important...I realized, if I cooked dinner I would go over...so I offered three different dinners and snacked on a veggie egg roll later...

wheww...only day 3 of being back on ww...