Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #16  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I'm in...a day late, but I'm here Yesterday was not good for me, but so far today is going great. I feel so much better when I'm in control of my eating. I always think to myself after a binge "why did you do that" and feel like crap for the rest of the day which leads to me binging more....reckless cycle! I've gained 30lbs back, and I'm determined to get it off and start getting healthy again. I can't believe I let myself do this...I swore once I got down to my goal weight I would never go back...I learned never say never!LOL! For real though I'm ready to do this and stop feeling all the guilt and shame. This will be a great place to come and be accountable daily!
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

WormwoodDoll, welcome back, haven't seen you in a while, I like the new photo!
I am plugging away, still learning. It IS true that trying to lose weight without a plan is just a wish. I haven't been structuring my meals and snacks enough, and planning what to eat. The last few days I made more solid plans, cooked up food for meals etc. It is going better.
BUT, i am still having lots of trouble sleeping, and that is killing my get up and go. As well, this pulled muscle or pinched nerve or whatever in my backside is really getting to me, (its been 4 months or hot/cold, rest, stretches, massage, tens, voltaren cream, tylenol etc and not getting better!)
SO, instead of excuses, I am taking charge. Have a chiropractor appt and 2 massages this week, MD next week to work on it, and the sleep disorder.
Fighting off a boredom binge right now, so am going to go play piano for a bit.

Stay strong all.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #18  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

fatmad--I just started doing the structured meal plans and its going really well for me! It's a lot better than just wandering into the kitchen with a rumble in your belly and playing russian roulette with the cabinets.

Stayed on plan all day. Had tuna and a big salad and carrot sticks and wheat thins for dinner, along with the sweet iced white tea I made last night.

For a snack later I'm going to have a tomato sandwich and some homemade apple sauce. Then enacting the bedtime-snack cut-off. no food after 9 pm.

Good luck everybody.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #19  

Today I did okay. I had a SlimFast for breakfast, fatfree yogurt w/Blueberries/Strawberries and banana, Butter Pecan IceCream(bad but I didn't want to eat the whole pint so a little was okay I think), McDonalds fish sandwich with fries diet coke, Special K for dinner and I'm done for the day..

I try to eat every 3-4 hours so it seems like a lot but this is a lot LESS than usual for me.

ASoutherner~
ASoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #20  
Red Team Member

fatmad- What your talking about it your backside sounds like your siatic(sp?) nerve. When I was pregnant with my second child she must of been hitting it just right because it was dang near impossible to walk. I would just cry all day long then one day it was just gone...crazy. Not fun being in pain and really does kill the desire to do much....good for you though for getting and appt. and getting it looked at. Good luck!

munchievictim- Good job staying OP today...homemade applesauce sounds great!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #21  

fatmad-just curious how your MD has been treating your symptoms?I had similar pain 2 years ago.Siatica for 6 weeks.....2 trips to ER, both with perscriptions for steroids and analgesics.Pain did not go away.Finally one of my friends who is a MD said "get an MRI".Did that.......ruptured disk at L5-S1.Surgery 24 hours later.That was 2 years ago.Moral of story?????If you continue to have discomfort with use of pharmacology, ask for a MRIwhich is the only true way to diagnose a disk problem.Good luck.I totally understand what you are feeling.It hurts so bad.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #22  
Red Team Member

Made it through Day 1 OP...onto day 2
Old 02-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #23  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

I binged again last night
I had a great day and ate on plan all day til around 9. Then (after prematurely heralding my success on here) I went down to the kitchen for a tomato sandwich and ended up eating the fridge.
I don't know why. But I didn't gain (any more than I'd already gained over v-day weekend) and this morning I had Yoplait Whips lemon yogurt and a tomato sandwich for breakfast, so I'm starting off on the right track with about 250 calories.
Hope everyone has a good day.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #24  
Red Team Member

munchievictim- sorry about last night, but your starting today off great. Put yesterday behind you and make today great
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #25  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I made it through yesterday. I slept great last night and felt so much better this morning. I am still beating myself up about the extra pounds I've put on, though.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #26  
Red Team Member

Wardhog- I know for me beating myself up always leads me back to a binge eventually....you had a good day yesterday so I say focus on that and put the few extra pounds behind ya You look great~
Old 02-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #27  
Lowcarb Loser

S/C/G: 315/200.5/150

Ate on plan yesterday and am on plan so far for today. Hoping for a good nite tonite!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #28  

Hi All...I did great until 1/2 hour ago Breakfast: 2 eggs w/2 sausage patties/WW toast 1/4 toast w/jam.

Yogurt w/BBs/SBs/Banana

1/2 (small) Capicola w/LTM/Peppers/Mayo, Sweet Potato Pie w/dip IceCream.

DONE FOR THE DAY

that was until my husband came in, plopped down beside me and had KitKats, ChocoCovered Raisins, Nonpareils,..I had a handful of the Nonpareils and toooooo many ChcoCovered Raisins.

I told him this has to STOP...He can't bring food around me...He made the Capicola Grinder for Lunch too

Thank Goodness he's going back to work tomorrow...(he has odd days off) this way I can get back on plan.

I didn't binge to bad but I didn't do what I wanted either.

ASoutherner~
ASoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #29  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

fatmad It is hard. I was a binge/emotional eater for years. That is how I packed on my last 55lbs. I have lost about 40 of them already though!

It's been a long, difficult road. Before when I would diet, I'd eat 900 calories a day, and punish myself if I went over 1000. So I'd start binging again. I'd even chew food then spit it out! I had such a messed up relationship with food. I either ate it all or nothing at all. I lost 25lbs from September to the beginning of December, then lost control and started late night snacking and binging again. It took me until February 9th to realize I have to stop this. I don't want to do this anymore. I had the final straw. It really opened my eyes to write down why I want to lose weight. I also realize I can just naturally pick out good things and enjoy them...My problem was stopping in at RiteAid and just grabbing all the junk I could even if I knew I really didn't want to eat it. I had no control. I am on plan for day #10 and I even survived this weekend, which is my toughest time. I plan to stay OP for 30 days (and hopefully longer!) and try to develop my new habits for good. I have learned to work in that piece of chocolate, or scoop of ice cream into my daily calories, instead of indulging in a whole pint of ice cream (800+ whopping calories) or a whole bar of chocolate (300+ calories). Because this is for life, right? I can't stay I won't ever eat chocolate or ice cream or nachos every again. Meal planning really helps. I have 3 breakfasts I route through the week, 3 lunches, and about 8-10 dinners. And a few snacks to rotate as well. I don't get bored of food easily. I could eat the same thing for days on end!

Tina30 Good luck on day #2!

WardHog
Forget about those pounds! Focus on staying OP & eating well and those pounds will go *poof*.

munchievictim You're off to a good start today. Good luck on staying OP!

--
As for me I've been OP for 10 days with no binges. I am down 2-3lbs since Feb 9th. I am at 217 and was at 226 (EEK , water weight like no other!) Good luck ladies!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #30  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

thanks for the discussion about my pain in the a** !
I had a massage yesterday and saw the chiropractor today. I haven't seen the MD yet, but have an appt next week.
I thought it was a strained muscle, since it started after a yoga class in November, and just expected it would get better.
Chiro adjustment has helped some. Will see her again next week again.
I can't take aspirin or any anti-inflammatory meds, cause I am allergic to them all. So physio/chiropractic may be the main treatments, unless there is a surprise there. Mainly, I just don't want to be sidetracked from getting fit. It seems everytime I am on the way to getting serious about fitness, I get off track with some health problem. (exercise induced asthma, knee problems, heart palpitations) and then I use that as an excuse to avoid exercise for the next year or so. I am determined not to let anything keep me from getting fit this time.

I am not bingeing, but am really having trouble staying within calorie limits, (2000 cals, so I am NOT underdoing it, really) and am craving chocolate. Haven't actually binged, but have not been able to stop having choco desserts. So my plan now is not to have dessert tomorrow, and have one on Friday (anniversary dinner). Don't know why, no sign of my period or anything. Haven't craved chocolate much in a long while, til now.

Starting back to work this weekend, so will be working on managing/intergrating work life and new lifestyle.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote