3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Annoyance... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/160476-annoyance.html)

WannaBe123 01-05-2009 10:10 PM

Annoyance...

Does anyone else go to Planet Fitness?
It is a great gym... It's only $10/month and they have pretty much everything but a pool and a track...
The biggest downfall-PIZZA MONDAY:barf: Yes... my gym has pizza.. right as you walk in there's a HUGE table of pizza...
They also have Bagel Tuesday... A big display of bagels with different types of cream cheese..
So tonight I am working out and all I smell is pizza... I was getting soo frustrated but I put myself in a different psychological state of mind... I thought about how great it was that I didn't need the pizza anymore... and how badly I felt for those other girls and guys who are there trying to lose weight and are unfortunately tempted by greasy cheese. I thought about what is going into my body instead of what is going onto my taste buds. I gave myself an option... ONE slice of pizza for dinner or a plate of protein, veggies, and a smart ones ice cream for desert-an award for not eating the pizza...

Needless to say, I walked right past the pizza without thinking twice...:carrot:
Not only did I walk right past the pizza, when I arrived home, I decided I did not need the ice cream either and finished my night off with some Cauliflower seasoned in garlic!

I am sooo proud of myself..!!!!!

traveling michele 01-05-2009 11:32 PM

Good for you for resisting!
But I could never go to your gym! How counter productive. That is absolutely absurd.

RN BSN 2009 01-05-2009 11:52 PM

I've never heard of such a thing. Where is this place located?

WannaBe123 01-06-2009 07:17 AM

It is located in over half the States... All but 22 I believe, so it's pretty much nationwide..!
I belonged to this gym when I lived in New York City.... I recently moved to PA and they have one of these in my town here as well.
I usually avoid "Pizza Monday's" because I usually don't go to the gym until around 8pm and by then, the pizza is gone & taken care of!
Unfortunately, my husband is working midnights, so I went directly after work so I could get home before dark... and that is what I ran into... And it was still dark by the time I got home:dizzy:
Oh well. Maybe I will start counting how many times I avoid it... and Maybe every 20 times or something I will allow myself a slice. I need to do something... or else I am going to attack the box of pizza in front of everyone!!

heather88 01-06-2009 07:24 AM

I wish that I could find a gym that cheap around here. i really like to lap swim and the hospital has a pool but it is $45 a month!