Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #31  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok I can tell tonight is going to be a challenge! I had a healthy breakfast lunch and two snacks and I am in one of those devour everything moods. I'm drinking water and just trying to prepare myself for havign some will power this evening... I will not binge, I will not binge, I will not binge!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #32  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default home again

Well, made it back home last night, thru a raging snow storm and slippery roads, accidents everywhere. A ninety minute drive became 4 hours. I ate my lunch leftovers in the car for supper. Glad I didn't have junk food in the car, that would have led to a binge for sure
I was barely in the door and called to work, cause we had a fast delivery just a country mile from my door. So I slept really well when I got home again, and woke up late, so no time for exercise before I left.
Did have a good breakfast with the Kashi, some fruit and yoghurt.
A busy day, including a morning meeting with candy and do-nuts on the table, (I just had a nice cup of tea, thank you) and a potluck lunch where I stuck to the good stuff.
Have pilates tonight, so I should be ok for exercise in the end.
Had some other great news, the 2.5 days of meetings has led to a request that I sit in some of the discussions with the government health ministry, so i have raised my profile a bit (without my personal profile getting bigger!! ha ha) AND
didn't gain any weight while away. So the goal was met, did not binge, and did not gain weight. I didn't eat perfectly, but maintained my lifestyle change very nicely.
Wahoo.
fatmad
Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/197/150

Height: 5'5"

hi all this is my first day on the forums, and i have a really bad problem with binge eating. if it's there, i want to eat it, and in a compulsive and bad bad way. and it's whatever is in front of me really. today is my first official day toward a new me, and i'm happy to say i haven't gone off the deep end yet. i went grocery shopping and stocked my home with healthy foods, but that doesn't make binge eating any less of an issue! i'll eat a billion packs of my oatmeal bite things (90 cals/pack) and voila! ruined the day what can ya do?

i'm just starting new, here, now, and i'm really going to try to stick with it and banish those habits!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #34  
Dora

S/C/G: 142/141.4/135

Height: 5'.5"

My first day too! So happy to find this corner of the site to feel supported and not so freakish for my binging behavior. I have two days of no binging under my belt, and I plan on making through the 23rd with you. Biggest challenge will be tomorrow night when I got out to dinner with my husband. Really want a glass of wine, but ANY alcohol sets me up for failure.

Can't tell you how thrilled I am to find you!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #35  
Dora

Last edited by Dora; 11-20-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #36  
Jools

Height: 5foot1.5inches

Room for one more?
Day Zero for me after a very bad week.
My life feels flat & I need to kick stat myself to get a more positive approach to my self image and life in general.
I am living a lie, eating healthily in public, but going home to an empty flat and filling my time alone with food.
Reading your posts make me feel less lonely - we all have a problem we can tackle together.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #37  
Burning it away

4dreams, I'm really glad you have decided to take a more posative approach to your image. You deserve happiness and we'll be here to help you on the journey, so Welcome

As for me, I ended up having a miniture binge this morning. Nothing too serious, though those negative feelings are still lurking beneath the surface. I'm starting to think 'Ergh I should just stay indoors' but instead I'm going to the gym this afternoon and WILL go to the party I've been invited to, no life holss because of bingeing - thats exactly what will make me feel worse!

Welcome to cani and Dora! And Fatmad way to go, sounds great

Last edited by Spoz; 11-21-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #38  
University Student

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

To all the newbies: Welcome! My biggest piece of advice would be to write down how you feel after you have binged - usually you feel pretty crappy! And then when you feel like stuffing your face, take a moment to pause and think about how you felt the last time. That has really helped me. If I binge it is usually because I just dive right into the food without thinking, and then after I'm like, "Oh God why on earth did I just do that???". Keep us updated on your progress!
Spoz: Try and stay positive! I have a real problem with getting in those depressed grumpy moods, and they leave you feeling sluggish, ashamed and tired. If you haven't been eating "perfectly", that could be why you are feeling so crappy. Try going one day without eating any junky foods, and see how you feel after that, maybe that is all you need to banish the bloat and the guilty feelings. You would be surprised how after eating less sugar you don't want it as much either! Anyways, have a happy day and don't let those crappy feelings take over! It sounds like you've already made a lot of progress by getting over a plateau!
Stephanie: Hope last night didn't end up in a binge! I had one of those days the other night...those are so hard to resist! I ended up snacking too much, but at least it was on healthy foods and not junk food or candy.
Fatmad:Congrats on moving up in the career world and showing so much restraint during those office gatherings! It is so easy to "throw away" those weekends but you didn't!
As for me, this is my second week binge free! yay! And I have worked out almost every day. I have lost a few pounds I think (don't have a scale but I can tell by my clothes...) and just have to keep on chugging. I haven't been perfect, I have been indulging every now and then but not bingeing, just enjoying a treat (singular!) every once in a while. I am going to a Christmas fair this afternoon...we will see if I can resist the tempation of all that Christmassy goodness...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #39  
Jools

Height: 5foot1.5inches

Many thanks to Spoz and Steph for the welcome
Old 11-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #40  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

fatmad - That is so awesome. I am soooo proud of you! Sounds like you have a lot of willpower...

caniwasteurtime2 - Today IS the first day. Good luck and check in here often believe it or not the accountability helps. Also there are some inspirational girls whove gotten a handle on it. Lets us that are just starting know its obtainable...

Dora - Welcome to the thread! I know what you mean about alcohol setting you off. It is a trigger for me too, just better to avoid it. This thread is so nice we all accept each other as we are ya know? Binge or no binge you will have support...

4dreams - As spoz would say that very bad week is done, over, finito... Start anew We CAN tackle this together...

spoz - miniature is SOME progress right? Way to go on getting to the gym anywasy. Did it make you feel a little better? Have a great time at your party, think of us and be strong!

steph577 - 2 weeks no binge and working out everyday! I am so proud of you girly. Hope you resisted that christmassy goodness lol. Thats awesome that you clothes are alerting you to a loss isnt that a great feeling?

As for me...

Last night I did NOT binge. Lord did I want to. I felt really really hungry. not because I was but because I got some bad news from my husband that really had me scared and sad. I tend to eat when I am emotional. Bury my troubles in treats so I can temporarily feel better. i will supposed to run and did not but did manage to keep an eye on my eating. This weekend will be my big challenge. I have yet to manage a weekend without a binge. Last weekend I binged all weekend... I have a 5 year olds birthday party tonight, dinner and drinks with friends on Saturday night... could I have more obstacles? Maybe I should be positive and look at them as opportunities lol.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #41  
University Student

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

Oh good. On the same day I declare my two weeks binge free I HAVE to go and have a mini-binge! The irony! So I managed the Christmassy goodness pretty well, my friend and I shared a piece of fudge, which is obviously not low calorie or healthy but the point is I was happy with just a bit. Then I went shopping with some friends and when I was at the drugstore I bought a bag of those Quaker Crispy Minis (cheddar flavor...) which I shouldn't have done! I haven't been buying that stuff because when I get snacking...I keep snacking! So I have been eating fruit instead, and a granola bar if I am really hungry. But silly me thought I could buy the bag of rice cakes and only eat "8" like the bag says a serving size is....but of course I ate the entire bag! I guess it could have been worse, calorie wise, and i went to the gym today, but still it was a binge! I haven't felt the guilt yet (that will probably happen tonight...) but I will definitley be keeping these extra calories in the back of my mind when I make my food choices this weekend! Congrats on your NON-binge last night Stephanie!
Cheers!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #42  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

You all really have helped with the willpower stuff. This community is helping with my resolve. I am doing things one day at a time. I am working on making permanent changes to my way of eating, so I don't diet and regain my weight.
I am in process, learning all the way.
I appreciate every nuance. It was really hard to grocery shop tonight. I bargained a fun day out with my daughter instead of getting her chips to eat for movie watching on a Friday night.
heres to creative solutions
fatmad
Old 11-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #43  
Dora

Had a date night with myhusband. I did have some wine, and now am sitting with my son who is having a snack -- which looks pretty darn good to me -- but I am checking in so I don't blow it! Night time is the WORST for me!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #44  
Burning it away

I had an awesome time at the party! I drank far too much, but thankfully I'm not a drunker binger. So all is good here
Old 11-22-2008, 08:35 AM   #45  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I am back to day 1 today.
Closed Thread