Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:41 AM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Smile Binge-free challenge ~ Nov. 03 - 09

New week.

Anybody is welcome to join us in our binge-free challenge. Stay strong!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #2  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning and happy Monday. I have 7 days, working on day 8.

Let's make it a great week.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default is it a challenge if....?

Hmm, its been a week yesterday since my last binge. Does it count if I'm not tempted? I got my period and since then haven't had any urges really. I have left food on my plate.
Although I know my cycle is a trigger, I am surprised to go so long, and get thru Hallowe'en and my birthday without a binge. I did eat out a lot, and ate plenty, but didn't overstuff or anything.
Well, lets see if I can make this last.
thanks chicks, you all are inspiring
fatmad
Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Ward bravo

fatmad you're doing fabulous. My periods are so infrequent that I tend to eat like a lunatic for about 1 week before and after them. Thankfully my binges despite being more frequent are on a smaller scale - and I've noticed they all happen at about 1pm. 1pm is looming so I'm going to really give it my all today to only eat when hungry.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #5  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Day 11 today. Yesterday was good. No bingeing, which is always a good thing. The only "bad" thing I had all day was 3/4 of a fun size pack of Peanut M&M's while watching Desperate Housewives last night (should have had an apple), but my calories were really low for the day so I'm sure I needed those 80 cals., even if they were pretty empty. I did my cardio (65 min., 4 miles) in the morning but forgot to do my UBWO (oops). Will do that today instead. Haven't really felt hungry lately; I think it's due to feeling kind of sick. Not sure whether I will do my cardio today. I may just do 30 min. instead of a whole hour. Cals will probably come in around 1200.

Cher, thanks so much for the belated b-day wishes!

Fatmad, happy belated b-day to you as well! And yes, it still counts even if you're not tempted because the end result is that you did not binge. This is a sign of progress, which is great.

Ward, you're doing so well! Keep going!

Mandos, how did Day 2 go?

Spoz, good luck getting past 1 pm w/o a binge! You can do it!

Good luck to everybody today and for the rest of the week! Let's start the week off on the right foot!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 148/143/115

Height: 5'3"

Seems like the week is starting off well so far for you all. Great work! Trying to finish up day 3 tonight. I've finally made it past day 2!

I had a real breakthrough today. I was a little upset earlier, and I tend to eat emotionally, so I was really craving some food. Instead I decided to get started on my exercise, and I feel great now! I'm hoping next time to remember that exercise makes me feel just as good as the food does, without the guilt.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #7  
Burning it away

YEEEESSSSS!!!! I made it to 2.30 which no binges of any kind I know I have the rest of the day, but I've made it through my most difficult time of day.

Mandos thats great! I also find it strange that exercise helps flow those happy chemicals and we know that yet the instinct to eat can be more overpowering, strange that..
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #8  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

ahhhhh this is my section!!!! my biggest problem is overeating and binging and eating when not even hungry at all.

sunday night i had a small binge. nothing crazy, this time. big step for me. i definitely ate more than i was hungry. but i didn't end up sick to my stomach. and i wasn't a bloated mess the next day. and overall for the day, my calories ended up being 2300. so not too bad. but that was sunday. heh

but monday i did great. ate what i needed to. didn't eat more than satisfied.

so i saw this thread today. i feel good. i can definitely do a whole week without binging!!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #9  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi all!
Can I join? Today I'm working on day 15 binge free! Getting hard this week!

You guys are doing great!

Maddie
Old 11-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #10  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

I have 8 days, working on day 9. Keep up the good work, everyone!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #11  
Burning it away

I did it! I got one day under my belt binge free after two weeks of bingeing.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #12  
Madeleine

I am having a hard day. Really want the junk, and anything will do right now.
Going to eat some red pepper with blue cheese dip, so I can get some good cals, and its limited, cause there is only so much in the house.
Then will make a good supper for my kid, who has a lesson tonite.
thanks all for the supportive words and birthday wishes
fatmad
Old 11-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 148/143/115

Height: 5'3"

Congrats everyone! Good to hear you all doing so well, even when it gets hard. Working on day 4 myself, we'll see if I can make it!

This is my hardest time of the day right now, the time between when I get home from work and when it's time for dinner. I've had a serving of potato chips and a glass of juice (think I might be getting a cold, ugh!) but I definitely want more right now. I think I might get my exercise on, as that seemed to work yesterday and if nothing else it will put me closer to dinner time!

Keep up the good work, everyone is going so great!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #14  
Madeleine

well the day isn't over yet, but I did manage with my veggie snack and good dinner (whole grain spaghettie, with chicken breast simmered in the low fat portobello mushroom sauce, a bit of parmesan cheese: a reasonable sized portion too!) so far so good. Later had fruit with low fat cream cheese for dessert, since it felt like a dessert day.
still want more, will get knitting......
fatmad
Old 11-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #15  

Default binged tonight

I had been doing very well and then,I gained 2 lbs for non reason whatsoever.So what did I do? I binged. I hate myself. I am an idiot and a very full idiot at that.

I hate myself so much.
Closed Thread