Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! I'd like to join. This is my 8th day being binge free. My mini goal is to make it to 21 days.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:09 AM   #17  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Janediet, look forward now! No more dwelling or beating yourself up.

those 2lbs are probably water weight or normal fluctuation and one binge won't put any temporary weight on. Its all about understanding that you change things smal bit by bit and it's okay to be human!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #18  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Janediet: hate the behaviour, not yourself. You are not hateful, you are a wonderful and powerful woman, who happens to have an eating disorder.
Stay strong, you will get past it.
I managed my hard day without a binge, but I have to tell you it wasn't easy.
This am I had a nice walk with the dog, and the fresh air sure puts a better perspective on things. With it getting dark so early tho, its harder to get outside in the evenings. But if you are someplace where you can get outside, go for it!
fatmad
Old 11-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #19  
cher37

... step away from the cookies ... step away from the cookies (repeat)

FYI - it's not that I'm bingeing (I think I'm on day 4/5?) , I've worked the pts into my daily allotment, they're just sooo high in fat, I really shouldn't have them for max.results! (by the way - oreo's not choc.chip)

Stay strong & focussed ladies!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #20  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

12 days binge-free, working on Day 13 today. Yesterday's eating schedule was spread too far apart for my taste, due to the hecticness of my schedule, but today should be better. I like to eat 3 meals daily plus 2 snacks of fruit, and I had like 2 big meals yesterday w/ 1 snack. Calories were within my acceptable range, but I prefer to portion out my calories more equally during the day. Scale is flirting w/ the 150's, but not quite there yet.

I had a med. sized slice of pumpkin pie w/ whipped cream at my Dad's b-day party last night but stopped at the one. Yay for that!

to all the newbies! I'm glad you've found us!

Sounds like everyone is doing great!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #21  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher37 View Post

... step away from the cookies ... step away from the cookies (repeat)

FYI - it's not that I'm bingeing (I think I'm on day 4/5?) , I've worked the pts into my daily allotment, they're just sooo high in fat, I really shouldn't have them for max.results! (by the way - oreo's not choc.chip)

Stay strong & focussed ladies!
STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIES, Cher! Actually, throwing them out would be better! Sending you strong cookie-fighting vibes today!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #22  

Thanks for all who helped me out.Today has been good so far.(I am punishing myself by not allowing myself very many calories.(I really am an idiot)
Anyway, I will not allow myself any more binging because it makes me feel like ****.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #23  

Hello all fellow bingers,
I am really trying to eat sensibly. I just cannot let myself do this to me again.Binging makes me nuts and so unhappy.I actually felt like killing myself last night.Over food!!!
I am so glad I found this site where people can understand and I will try to string some days together where I am being"good".I will interested to know how you all are doing and I will keep you all informed how I am. Good luck to you all.Let us get strength from each other.

Jane
Old 11-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #24  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default cry for help?

Janediet: I am worried for you. These weighty issues of ours are so difficult to deal with at times. We all get frustrated and blue. But you said you actually wanted to kill yourself.
I think you need to see your doctor, and get some help beyond this forum. we can all support you as much as possible, but we are not qualified here to help with such a serious thing. Many people with weight problems have depression issues, (there is a forum for this too) but if you have thought of harming yourself, there is medical and counselling help, so please get it.
Also, check your community for a crisis hotline, so that when you are feeling like this, you can talk with someone immediately.
I hope you will get healthy emotionally, spiritually and physically, with the help and support of family, friends, your healthcare professionals, and of course, our online community. We are all there for you.
best wishes
fatmad
Old 11-06-2008, 07:25 AM   #25  
Burning it away

Jane may I reccomend that you look into intuitive eating? It specifically is aimed at people to help them gain a healthy diet, mind and attitude to food. One of the basics is that you banish the words 'good' and 'bad' from your vocabulary because those are self critical and actually help cause binge eating. Reading your posts I too am very worried because you seem to put yourself down so much. We are all here for you, and I for one have binged nearly everyday for two weeks now so can 100% relate. But you can only do little things at a time, and one of those is loving yourself

Last edited by Spoz; 11-06-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #26  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

13 days down, working on Day 14 today. Day 13 was soooo hard, I think mainly because TOM is fast approaching. I didn't give in to any cravings, tho, which I am proud of, altho it wouldn't have been the end of the world if I had. Didn't end up getting any exercise done yesterday, so need to make sure I do my cardio and weights today. No excuses, Jen!

Jane, . Have faith in yourself. I suggest building yourself a support system if you do not already have one in place b/c it certainly sounds like you need to talk to somebody in RL to help you get through your issues w/ food and yourself. Coming to 3fc is a good first step. The good news is, you're not the first person to ever feel this way (obviously!). The other good news is, you can and will get better. I should know. It's amazing how spending a little time taking care of one's own mind and body can make one change his/her perspectives and attitudes for the better. And success certainly begets success, at least in my experience. Glad to have you here!

How is everybody else doing? Well, I hope!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #27  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

I am an old time 3fc poster but just now returning after a long hiatus. I have been having a terrible time with binges lates and would love to join this challenge. Last night was not a success so I am starting today! Thanks for all the support girls!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #28  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Jane, I agree with the other posters that you need to speak with someone if you seriously had suicidal thoughts.

I have 11 days, working on day 12.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #29  
University Student

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

Hi there! I know I am a late addition but I am going to join you guys! Are you going to do thiis every week? I think it is a great idea! I too struggle with bingeing, and it is always on sugary sweet foods...and I am at university now so they are even more tempting! Of course, they taste great until after I have eaten them and realize how crappy they make me feel! Anyways, I took the first step to reaching my goal by writing down in a journal how I felt after I ate junk food (rather unpleasant!!) and I am going to look at it every time I am tempted. Also, I have been going running regularly and i'm off to buy a pilates video tomorow! I have about 20-30 lbs to lose (all of which I've put on in the last year or two...) and then I will be a healthy, happy weight! I don't have a scale here at school though so I'll just be using my clothes and the mirror as a judge. Anyways, wish me luck! I'll check in often as it will be so helpful to have some support and someone to be accountable to. Congrats to all you guys who are already on your way, you are an inspiration!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #30  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Day 17 and feeling good!

Jane in all honesty I've been there in the past. It's horrible and I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I agree with the others. You should try and talk to someone about this, it could really help. let us know how you're getting on

xxx
Closed Thread