3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free challenge ~ Oct. 13 - 19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/153975-binge-free-challenge-%7E-oct-13-19-a.html)

WardHog 10-13-2008 03:07 PM

Binge-free challenge ~ Oct. 13 - 19

It's Monday again! Do you all mind if I start a new thread? Let's stay accountable. Please post your challenges and successes and keep track of your binge free days!

I had a horrific day yesterday. My husband is out of town, so I took the opportunity to eat all the bad stuff I could get my hands on. So, of course I felt so sick last night that I couldn't sleep. Today I am thinking of going off plan again, but white knuckling it so far. Day 1. :devil:

AudreyHepurn 10-13-2008 03:20 PM

Stay strong WardHog!

Clean day for me.

jessisaokay 10-13-2008 05:31 PM

this is my first time posting here althoughi have been reading for a while. Last night was a close call. I had a rather large peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some driedfruit but once I realized what was about to happen I hauled it up to bed. Its been almost 7 weeks since my last binge. One that was so huge I was sick for a week and landed myself in the emergency room.
The only thing that has worked for me is taking it one day at a time.

MarStevens 10-13-2008 06:27 PM

so far..no binging...

now..talk to me at midnight when I'm working...

Haley8203 10-13-2008 07:03 PM

so far so good its day 2, yesterday i did good as well!

we can do it!!

Spoz 10-14-2008 03:42 AM

I'm binge-free too.

You're all doing wonderful :)

clickchick 10-14-2008 10:16 AM

ACKKKK. After breezing through the Thanksgiving weekend here, I came home last night and binged. Only an additional 800 calories or so but it was the mind set with which I was stuffing this crap down.

Picking myself up afterward is always a struggle for me. I have to do it though - for me. I felt so good last week (7 days bringe-free) - eating right and exercising.

Scale is up this morning but I'm hoping in a day or two it's back down. I can't let food get the better of me. Who's in control here after all?!?

Ingrid

Spoz 10-14-2008 11:20 AM

Click... hello I just ate half a pie at about 1am which I think was about 1000 cals. (maybe more :dizzy:) So I feel for ya :hug: let us both finish our days healthily and get back on track!

WardHog 10-14-2008 12:33 PM

I made it through yesterday and I feel sooooo much better. Why do I keep doing it when it just makes me feel like sh!t? Speaking of pie, they must have been baking apple pies at my grocery store today. I walked in and almost had to walk right back out, it smelled so good. But I powered through and just got what I needed.

I have one more night on my own (husband gets back late tonight), but I'll watch The Biggest Loser and hopefully I won't feel like bingeing.

Make it a great day!

asparagus4sale 10-14-2008 12:58 PM

day one. weekends suck.

jess - great job!

asparagus4sale 10-14-2008 08:05 PM

*Crickets Chirping*

Hope everyone is just too busy not bingeing to post. :)

So tonight I went to a restaurant. I try not to do that because of temptations. Well, I did really good. I had shrimp and asked that they leave the butter off and steamed broccoli. I had none of the bread. I am quite pleased with myself.

clickchick 10-14-2008 08:26 PM

LOL @ *crickets chirping*

You should be pleased with yourself Sarah. No butter and none of the bread? Job well done! :D

Oh, and I was quiet because I was preparing and eating a healthful dinner; not bingeing. :)

WardHog, the smell of apple pie can be a killer! Good for you powering through. You're right ~ why do any of us do this crazy bingeing thing when it makes us feel sooooo bad?

Ok Lauren, I'm back on track today. Thanks for your encouragement. How was your day?

I have to say it was a little touch and go today a few times when I felt like continueing on with last night's binge. Popping in here to 3FC helped me through. I appreciate the encouragement here bigtime!

Ingrid

conbon 10-14-2008 10:13 PM

Preventing my binging

So I've only done it for one day, but I'm working on retraining my brain. After I get done with work I always go home and basically eat anything I can find. I usually don't stop. I am always hungry after work and usually bored, needing something to do.

So I've decided to go to the gym everyday after work (I also go in the morning), but the mornings are easy because I'm not hungry. I tend to not be hungry after I work out, so I thought this was a good way to not allow my body to focus on food. I went last night and just walked on the treadmill and biked for 30 minutes. After the gym, I went home and didn't eat anything, which is great! I'm hoping to learn to control that feeling that I get when I get home of needing to eat.

Good work everyone! Also remember, they always say that there will be days where we slip up, we just need to forgive ourselves and move on. I find watching the Biggest Loser is a huge motivator for me. If they can do it - I can too!

asparagus4sale 10-15-2008 11:02 AM

Day two!!

Spoz 10-15-2008 11:18 AM

Well despite my binge yesterday I'm doing fine today and my 'Overcoming emotional eating' book came in the post :)

Ingrid, thats awesome, keep it up !

Sarah and ward, hope you're having a binge free day too :)