Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default Sept 28-Oct 5 No Booze, No Binge, No problems

Well Chickies I just thought I would post a thread that summed up my feelings and my promise to myself for the coming week. No Booze, not going to binge and if I run into a snag, no problem just start over again and quit beating myself up for being human.

I was proud of myself with my weigh in this morning after three weeks of no progress this week finally saw the scale move. It really rejuvenated me gave me hope that there is light at the end of this tunnel I created.

I have to say I did not have any binges today even though the opportunity was there, so pat on my back for not even being tempted (that is a new feeling). I hope some of you others will join me this week with the same outlook
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/HEALTHY

Height: 5"6

Thumbs up

I will join you! I don't drink, but I can do no binges this week. I know I can!! This will be my first challenge on this board so I'm very excited about it.

I know we can do it!
Inkabetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Great glad to see you on board, I don't have the problem so much with the 'binging' as I do with the alcohol which I consider my binge of choice LOL..so looks like we will made great teamates.

All day yesterday was a good day for me wasn't even tempted
Old 09-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6.5

Hey Nancy - Looks like we are close in our weight loss goal! Do you find that you are stuck around that 160ish mark? I kept telling myself that I would be perfectly contect at 150 and am wondering that if I jinx myself when I see the 150's and subconsciensly quit. My ultimate goal would be 140 and I'm really going to strive for that! Sunday morning I was at 165 and today when I stepped on a scale it said 161.9...and I have a very accurate scale. Very frustrating that it was such a difference. My goal for this week was for next Sunday to be 162 but since this morning it said 161.9 should I make my end of week goal 160??? What do you think?
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

JamieJo, We are close in our weight loss goals, my problem was I stayed at and around 166 for almost 4 weeks until this past sunday when I dropped 4 pounds--go figure? anyway then I weighed myself this morning and am up .5 pounds.

I would say make your goal 160 but be flexible mine will be for 160 too but given my past patterns if I don't make it I am ok. I think I just have a wierd body lol

I have been doing weight watchers and keeping within my points and below most of the time and it seems to work. But then again I have lost this same 30 pounds 3 other times I never seem to be able to get below 152 so I am determined this time ..now we are diet buddies lol
Old 09-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

I wanted to post and update
Yesterday I went the entire day without a binge or alcholol but I can't say it didn't have its problems. I am still battling with them even if they are non-food related and all the more reason for me to want to binge I think

Today is testing me too. I did get out and walk though during my lunch.. went 2 miles in just under 40min...of course a bit of that time was waiting at red lights so I could cross and my goal is to walk for 40min a day but increase my distance. My ultimate goal would be to do 2 miles in 30 min. I think that is realistic? Then spend a bit more time just walking around cooling off
Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

OK so the no alcohol rule just went out the window tonight. Having my second glass but was good for dinner.

Oh well tomorrow is another day
Old 10-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

Well another few days down and two more to go before weigh in. I did drop that .5 pound yesterday and it is still gone today. No booze, and no binging. As a matter of fact I am eating I think to few points this week. I just have not been hungry and the foods that I have been making for the family for dinner are low in points.

I don't want to start eating just for the sake of eating and not sure how to balance this out
Old 10-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

Looking back darn had another few glasses of wine last night. Really going to have to quit that. But I always manage to stay within my points it is just not good for losing weight..

There is always next week