Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default Sept 8-14 Can you beleive its been 3 weeks and No booze?

This is unbelievable for me. I have not gone this long without wine in over 8 years. To be starting my third week I am so proud of myself and all us chickies who made it and those who did there very best and did not give up and quit!

This week I know we should all get the gold star stuck to our foreheads for a job well done.

I don't know if it really has helped my weight loss but these first two weeks I have dropped 7lbs. Can't wait to see what week 3 does for me
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:26 AM   #2  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I think it's amazing that you've gone 3 weeks without alcohol! It's something I've been trying to do, as I do think it's really hindered the speed of my loss. I tend to have a few too many drinks on the weekend, and it's something I want to stop. I did only have two drinks this Saturday, so maybe that deserves a half a pat on the back lol.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and congratulate! I know how hard it can be.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nancy, I admire your control. I have been drinking too much wine (and Scotch) lately and have only myself to blame. I live alone and the evenings are long.

Starting today there will be sleepytime tea after dinner and no wine with my meal. My husband who is now in a nursing home was a superb cook and every meal (except breakfast) seemed to call for wine!

My weight has been creeping up over the summer so maybe this will help. How the heck did I manage to get a "set point" of 205? Gotta change that!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Thank you for the encourgement and I am so glad you have decided to join me. I truly think this is just as hard as sticking to a balanced diet. It has also been so easy for me to have that wine with my eve meal and continue right up until the time I went to bed.

You are right the eve's are long some nights. For now it is water and popcorn to keep me company. I wish I could say I would only drink on the weekends but I know me, once I start the will to stop is not there.

But hey I have noticed a difference in my bank account I seem to have a few more dollars to spend, .... maybe I will put that aside for a new pair of jeans as a reward once I am down 10-15pounds?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Starting today there will be sleepytime tea after dinner and no wine with my meal.
That's my strategy as well. When I wake up tomorrow, I'll have completed one week alcohol and cigarette free. That is pretty awesome. You know what's funny? Without this thread, I'm pretty sure I would have bought a bottle of wine last night. Amazing what a little support can do!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations everyone!

Today starts the beginning of my "no alcohol weekdays, moderate (no more than 2) on the weekends" plan. I should be just fine.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Glizzy congratulations! that is so awesome you made it an entire week with no alcohol or cigerettes. That is a double whammy and you did it.

Look at how cool it will be when we finish this week

alinnel great lets keep it going
Old 09-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #8  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Week 2 for me! I'm so glad you are doing this, it has really helped me focus.

Here's to a lovely focused week for us all

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Nice work skrinking lizzie! This is day one of the second week for me of no alcohol and no ciggies!

The scale has not moved which is getting frustrating, but I am sure it will when it's ready. I am getting married at the end of November. I will probably buy a dress in about 8 weeks, whatever weight I am in 8 weeks time I want to maintain so that the dress doesn't get too big. Come on scales move for momma! Only 8 weeks!

Looking forward to my gold star at the end of this week
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

Congradulation duhb on your upcomming marriage! LOL I am on my 12th year of my second time around. I wish you and your fiance all the best! and you are right the scale will move when it wants to move.

Giving up cigs and alcohol in one shot is a huge deal. I see Gold stars for all of us...gonna have to figure out how to get them on here
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Thank you NancyLmrn!
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Lou great job on week 2 for you!
Think how much easier the weight will come off without the empty (but very good tasting) calories. It will not be forever just a short pause in our lives and we can do it the results will be sooo worth it
Old 09-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

Well another day down for me, I was just thinking (again) about how the days seem to mount up and go by quickly yet when I look at the bigger picture I wonder why I can't make the weight go off faster if that makes sense.

I guess we are getting to be like that spoiled little brat saying 'we want what we want and we want it now' lol guess I can't have everything
Old 09-10-2008, 04:42 AM   #14  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Well another day down for me, I was just thinking (again) about how the days seem to mount up and go by quickly yet when I look at the bigger picture I wonder why I can't make the weight go off faster if that makes sense.

I guess we are getting to be like that spoiled little brat saying 'we want what we want and we want it now' lol guess I can't have everything
As the days go on it seems to make it easier. I really wanted a G&T last night, but I just thought of the times I'd managed without alcohol so far, and why was last night more special? So I abstained.

These scales better had reward me *stomps feet*

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #15  
Work in Progress

LOL Lou my thoughts exactly! not only will I stomp my feet look out I will start to foam at the mouth if the scales stall and don't move...or heaven forbid-gain any.
I mentioned all this to my DH last night he reassured me going with out the booze would be worth it, and when I finally get to maintenance phase I can treat myself 'once in awhile' to a bottle of wine..big whoopie I want one now

wine wine wine guess that is all I get to do and the closest I get to come to the real thing