Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-01-2008, 05:54 AM   #1  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

Default carb binges help please!

I have recently been suffering from uncontrollable urges to eat white refined carbs. 2 things that I have noticed are: they are worse after a night with alcohol and I get a funny taste in my mouth after eating and worse the next day.

I have done a little research on Candida Albicans in the gut (overgrowth of yeast) so I thought I'd post here for advice to stop me from going out and buying milk & cereal in the evenings.

I have got a lovely load of carb free dinners and I'm going to impose a carb curfew after 5pm (no bread, rice, potatoes or pasta). Do you think this would work? I have a book by Joanna Hall - the No Carbs after 5pm that I'm using recipes from. Good carbs are allowed like beans, pulses, squashes etc.

I'm also going to take a look at the alcohol binge free challenge and try and avoid altogether for the time being.

Any advice would be great.

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #2  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Too much alcohol can make you hypoglycemic leading to the sugar cravings. The best way to deal with hypoglycemia is to moderate on carbs and alcohol.

I'm a recovering alcoholic and I know that is a physical thing- once I start, I can't stop. I was a binge drinker like I am a binge eater. Is there a connection? Maybe. I don't buy into everything that is put out there about food that you must not eat x, y and z. But I will tell you, I am limiting my sugar/flour eating right now.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:14 AM   #3  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the advice. I think, now I think back, that every 'fall off the wagon' and carb binge has been brought on by drinking a lot f alcohol.

I am a binge drinker as I only drink one night of the week. I obviously need to address this but in a weird way, now that I now that is causes hypoglycaemia and it has a name, I may be more able to control my drinking.

Yesterday was a completely binge free day. It seems like the alcohol on Friday night had an effect on my Blood Sugar for 2 day

Thanks so much for this insight

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote