Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/128/119

Height: 5'3"

Default Random Binge/Diet Break - Freaking out

Hi all,
I let loose this past week. I ate out of my diet and comfort zone for 4 days (about 5 meals). I also binged on a lot of sweets on one of those days. I had a meltdown from stalling and told myself I could do it this one week to shock my system, well really I think I just wanted to eat like I used to for just a little bit.

After the real two bad days of eating I weighed myself and gained 6lbs!!!! How I know it's physically impossible to gain that much fat in a few days. But are any of those pounds real??

I've never done this before. I'm not a binge eater and haven't cheated like this in over a year. I kept up my exercises and didn't slack on those during the week. During the week of blah eating I started running 4 miles 4 times a week for the first time in my life and felt hungrier and think I gave into that.

So those of you with experience do you think it,'s possible I gained weight if I kept up my exercises but ate out my diet and binged on desserts (a lot but only in one night)?? I'm scared I gained fat. How long would you wait to weigh yourself if you were me? I was going to give myself till next wed.
mca10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry to say the exercise won't do much to burn off all the extra calories you consumed. I'd guess that a fair potion of the weight is from water retention due to the sodium in what you ate.

As for weighing yourself, personally I'd say don't wait. Get right back on track and use whatever the number is to motivate yourself to stay on plan that day.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170.4/tracker/150

Height: 5'8"

This is what I JUST did, it actually falls into tie with my new counter. I ate food I've been craving for months, food I've been denying myself for a while. Just getting it out of my system. Had burgers, lots of oriental food, and a lot of going out to eat. I still actually watched calories a little by watching portions, I never stuffed myself.

Anyways, after about a week? I said enough is enough and on the 8th I started doing my solid routine. That morning the scale had said I had gained about 5 lbs, from 153 to 158. As of the morning of the 10th, it said I weighed 154. Sodium, water weight, some actually poundage? /shrug. All I know is my cravings are gone and I'm back on track.

Just thought this might help, even if the post was a week ago. =)
Lylitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Go back to healthy habits, drink lots of water, those extra pounds will probably be off in a week.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #5  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

Look forwards not back. That's my mantra. We all slip up But yeah like Krampus said, I drink loads of water and a few chewable fiber tablets, and tons of fresh veggies when I have an 'oops'. It seems to flush everything out, and although you can't roll back time, it gives my body a "detox" from the sugar/crap I put in there.
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #6  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

If you overate on four days, a portion of it is likely genuine weight gain. However, most of it will be water retention and waste that hasn't left your digestive tract. It will, however, take several days to see it come off.

It happened. Life goes on. Let that panic feeling you felt when you stepped on the scales be a reminder of why it's best to not do this.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote