Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-25-2008, 12:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ Aug 25 - Aug 31

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Checking in for day 28. Good luck to everybody else
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Day one. This will be good. I have all of you on my side.
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/look at siggy/135

Height: 5'2"

Present! lol For the first time. I need this.
brandewijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8

I'm going to say I'm on day two. I went out for drinking Saturday night and thought having chips and salsa wasn't a bad idea. Chips and salsa are my biggest weakness!
This week I plan to stay OP. If its not on plan, even if its not a binge, I'm going to have to start my day count over.

So, day 2 and counting. Good luck everyone!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well this would be my day two and so far so good. Hey anyone got ideas for evening snacks that will be low in points???? would love new ideas
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #7  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I made it 18 days, then I had an unfortunate run-in with my daughter's birthday cake which led to other poor choices. I slept like crap on Sunday night and had a stomach ache yesterday. Will I ever learn?

Today is day 2.

Spoz - keep it up, girl! You are doing great!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:05 AM   #8  
Burning it away

Ward - I hate feeling ill after poor food choices and then wandering why on Earth I keep doing it. Nevermind though, past is past. Day 3 now

I'm finding it really difficult at the moment. I've stuffed my face with veg to try and keep away temptations but I still want chocolate (It's never really been a big deal either). But chocolate wont give me the body of my dreams.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #9  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Doing OA online meetings right now and have a food sponsor that I email & that seems to be helping. On day 3 right now, which seems like a miracle for me. For the past month, haven't gotten more than a day or two.

Yay!
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #10  
Burning it away

Uhm, well I guess 30 days was good. Day one again. (I will beat 30 this time)
Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

I haven't binged per se, but I went to subway today for lunch (6 inch ham on honey oat, no cheese, no mayo) and ate it like I was on a binge. I downed that sucker so fast. I felt out of control when eating it. I was so stressed out about this class I'm in. It FELT like a binge. I feel guilty for creating such a negative space around that sandwich. I don't even think I enjoyed it...

*sigh* But I didn't run for the cookies, and I didn't run to the donuts, and I didn't run to the chocolate. it was only a subway sandwich. and I'm off to workout in a few minutes.
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:40 AM   #12  
Caroline

If all goes well I finally I broke through the wall and today is day 8 of not bingeing. I have struggled so much with this stuff that I went into outpatient treatment from April - June for binge eating disorder. My record during treatment is something like 12 days, so I am not far off my record. What has really helped is a few things:

1) commitment to a plan of eating (planning meals in advance)
2) eating mindfully
3) not eating out a lot

I'm also doing 12-step recovery thing, but I've been doing that a long time, so it makes sense to apply it to my eating. I'm very excited. Almost had a binge last night when I ordered a meal and it came with a plate of fries (my fave). I slowed down and ate a handful of fries and stopped. Slowing waaaay down stopped me from losing it completely. Or maybe I got lucky that time.

Anyway I hope to keep going. But I also know if I slip up I can't use it as an excuse to go overboard and relapse completely.

Last edited by motivated chickie; 08-31-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #13  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I don't see a thread for this week, so I will post here.

I avoided overeating all week-end, and didn't binge when I got home from a cook-out yesterday. The binge monster is still poking at me, though. My son started pre-K today so this is the first day since May that I have been home alone and that's a trigger for me. I have to return some shorts to Kohl's and pick him up by 1:15 so I should be able to avoid it. I am also trying to remind myself how crappy I will feel tomorrow if I give in.

Help me stay strong, please!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #14  
Caroline

I was overtired and stuck in two train stations for almost two hours late at night with nothing to do. Usually I attack vending machines with abandon at this point. I was hungry so I allowed myself a bag of pretzels. I can't believe I didn't binge. I am at day 11 now.