Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Unhappy detox, for better or for worse.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to rant or just express how blah I'm feeling these days. Last Sunday I went really off plan, the rest of the week I was pretty on track but felt very sluggish. Thursday was my 21st birthday, surprisingly even though I let myself have it as a major cheat day I didn't go crazy with food. I didn't count calories, but I still did have the "eating just because I can" thing going on. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hold back when it came to drinks. Were talking fancy, chocolaty, fruity, sugary drink that were amazing.
After I went off plan Sunday I vowed that I was going to do a raw fruit/veggie/water detox over the weekend after my birthday because I knew there was going to be some damage.
I feel like I am having the hangover of a lifetime!! I was warned that detoxing gives you headaches, flu like symptoms and irritability, but it just feels like I just have a hangover that wont go away.
I'm eating good and drinking a ridiculous amount of water and am hoping that by Monday morning I'll lose the water weight from earlier this week and feel refreshed from the Detox. I'm just complaining now because I feel like complete crap and it's making me upset that exercise is the last thing on my mind (I was told to do very light exercise because I'd have no energy)

Anyone who has done a detox before, how did you feel during it?
I'm going to need major support this upcoming week. I know I'll be fine with my eating, but for some reason I feel like I'm loosing touch with my exercise routine.

blah I feel nauseas.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:17 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Oh well I relate. I think I had about 4 cocktails, a hole jug of sex on the beach to myself, black russians, vodkas, shots, and then sugary alcopops. And now I have weight gain.. I wander why.

I think it depends what you mean by detox though, I personally would just eat more veg and fruit than usual and lots of water. You'll probably find within a few days your mood and scale (I'm hoping for both of us) will reflect. But hey, at least you had a good birthday!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8

Right after I posted this I went and met my BF at Subway to get a salad. I gave in and got a veggie delite sandwich instead. It was probably the best decision I had ever made! I felt so much better. My headaches starting going away, I wasn't feeling nauseas and incredibly irritable. I even had energy to work out for an hour and a half at the gym. Today I woke up ready to get back on plan and not let my rollercoaster week interfere. Sunday is usually my "cheat" day, but this week I don't need it. So, I have a whole week to get it together. I just came back from a work out and I feel so good. The scale went up to 129, I'm sure its mostly water but I wouldn't be surprised if I actually gained in fat. I'll get rid of it in a week.

Thanks for relating Spoz, I hope you had a GREAT birthday! Mine was very fun, we counted and I only ended up having 9 drinks, including shots. But at our last bar the bartenders present to me was the whole pitcher of my strawberry daiquiri, which I ended up spilling half on myself haha.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

He he, that was funny. I suppose it's healthier to wear the drinks than to drink them )
JudyJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

I did a "Detox" once. I had the same effect as you!!!

I ate mostly raw foods(veggies/fruit), hard boiled eggs, brown rice and chicken bouillon soup and LOTS of water. Instead of intense exercise I just walked about an hour a day. by day 3 I had massive migraines but chalked it up to withdrawl from sugar and caffeine. Day 4 and 5 I was really really tired. Day six I had a headache again and was still tired so I decided to stop. I weighed myself and had lost 8lbs (!!!!!!) When I started eating normally again I made sure to continue to keep it healthy but this time MORE food and more protein. I doubt I was consuming over 600 cals. I didn't gain it back, and I felt lighter but from the inside if that makes sense.

I doubt I'd do it again though...those headaches were a biatch..
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote