Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #16  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenzul View Post
Anxiety is a big issue for me, too. But what really sends me back is the anger, close to rage, that comes up about 2 weeks of eating healthy. I don't know where it comes from or why is happens, but it happens EVERY time I commit to losing weight. I'm thinking of getting a punching bag and pound the heck out of it when that happens. Anybody else have this issue?

Yes, yes, yes! I feel the anxiety AND the anger too, everytime. The hardest part of starting a new WOE is knowing this will eventually happen again and trying to find a way to overcome it before it happens. I think "I'll plan better this time", or "I have way more motivation this time", but unfortunately, I get angry and eat, eat, eat. Never fails.

I'm binging again. I'm planning again. The cycle continues, but what else can I do? I can't give up. I don't want to be overweight forever! I just can't! *sigh*
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 231/219/160

Height: 5'2 "

I hear you loud and clear. I don't know how old you are, but I am 46 years old and have been doing this to myself since I was 5. I'm sick, sick, sick of doing this. I'm sick of being obese. I lost weight last year when my husband had a heart bypass (he is thin-who'da thunk?) and our whole family had to change our way of eating NOTE: no anger then-it just melted off> But a month ago, I tried to lose more and bam! there is was again-the rage. And I have put on 10 pounds since then. Now the clothes are getting tight again. Maybe it's anger at being different from thin people. At needing to lose weight or even thinking about eating at all. Maybe it's old emotions coming out from past rejections, maybe it's self hatred, anger at God. Who knows? I am at a loss. I've tried so many things-OA, Overeaters Victorious, Thin Within, Weigh Down Workshop, WW, counseling, Lose it For Life. Seems like I've tried them all. The only things I haven't tried are hypnosis and gastric bypass. I don't think hypnosis works so that's out. Maybe gastric bypass is the only way for me. But maybe I wouldn't be a good candidate with all these emotional issues. ARggghhh.
jrenzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #18  
EmJ Taylor

S/C/G: 214/209/125

Height: five foot 3

Default we are the same person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily780 View Post
I've gained so much weight this past month due to compulsive binge eating. I was doing so well on my diet then I snapped and binged...and I am STILL going. My ENTIRE LIFE I have been trying to lose weight. I lose some, gain more, lose some, gain more. I have never ever been happy with my body. I was actually on a healthy diet too, rather than my usual restricting diet. I feel awful. I am mentally anxious, I have given up hope on myself. I think of my weight 24/7, and I have been on a non stop quest to lose weight since I was a teen. I just feel bad and I can't control myself anymore it takes too much to keep fighting.....just needed to vent. I feel extra bad cuz I got my period ..pms...
LOL.
I think I am the same person as you and the chick who replied to ya.
Lets support each other.
I usually restrict severely, do really well for about a week and then BAM binge.
And i find it hard to lose it "healthily" :s
hope to hear from ya
emjtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

Hey guys! I'm a recovering binge-eater myself. I slipped up BIG time yesterday, but I'm right back on track today and keeping at it! It's so easy to get discouraged and say "Wow, I really messed up, now it's all over!" but it feels SO GOOD to just get right back up from the binge and say "Alright, a new day is here, time to get back on track." Keep positive. "We all make mistakes."
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote