Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #16  
ready to stand

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveliam View Post
Melodyleigh - you have my name in your user name! Hope you are off to a good day 3 today.
Oh, that's cool! My first name is Melody and Leigh is my middle name.

And, yes, I'm having a great day 3! Thank you.

Today, I went over to a friend's house and she wanted me to make her a grilled cheese sandwich because they're apparently amazing.. () And, before my change, I would've ate one with her.. But, I stayed on track, made her a sandwich, and drank my water.

Making it and being able to smell it was killer, though.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Day 2 binge free and already feel better!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 AM   #18  
ready to stand

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Wow, my binge free streak ended really soon.

I gave in to fried okra tonight..

I'll do so much better tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Don't worry Melody It happens to all of us.

Yesterday I went to a certain restaurant that always made me bingey. I managed to just have a plate of stir-fry vegetables. Unfortunately (silly me) I didn't have any protein even after I got home, so I woke up an hour ago (4am) with hunger pains. Instead of snacking on whatever I could find, I measured out some mixed nuts and am counting them as part of the new day.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #20  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I have binged for about a week straight now. For a few days I've been eyeing the scales and dreading for those new 5lbs to appear but strangely -they haven't! I'm feeling quite thankful for that but I know if I continue not only will I gain those lbs definitely but I'll feel MISERABLE!

So right here I'm promising myself that it's over and I'm going to re evaluate why I'm losing weight and DO IT! No more excuses!

Melody dont worry! You might go three days and binge, but three days for every one day you binge is still in the great scheme an incredible achievement ! Perhaps we can both get back on track together

Last edited by Spoz; 07-10-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #21  
Walking away the weight

Good morning all! Day 34.

Wisfulgirl- today was almost day one for me as well - I had an almost run in with cookies last night

Melody - wow - WTG with the sandwich. I know today will be good!

sm177- hope your day is good.

Mongoose- when I forget to add protein, it makes me starving too.

spoz- we all have our binge sprees now and then.

Well I did my power walk this morning. Weigh in is tomorrow and I am curious what it will be! I'm hoping maybe I maintained last week's weight even with the 4th stuff.

Last night I almost had a chocolate chip cookie binge. I ate two, and was about to go for more when I stopped myself. I told myself that, if I wanted something to make me feel better I could snuggle with our dog, but cookies were not going to make me feel better.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #22  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Today is Day 121 binge-free for me, a whole 1/3 of a year, and I'm very, very happy. I've set my sights on Day 183 now.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 166/163/120

Height: 5'3"

Fantastic Josephine! Hooray for you!
Melody, Spoz, Moonbeam, SM177?--how are you all doing today?

I thought I'd check in before the weekend. I'm afraid I binged last night again; I was soooo upset about it this morning. However, it wasn't a really, really awful one, and my weight was still down today at the gym. 150.6, and 150 was my first mini-goal, so I feel at least like I'm making some progress, albeit very SLOW....

So, Mongoose and Leigh, I am wondering about the protein comments you made earlier. Am I right that you're suggesting that a lack of protein can cause the urge to binge? Do you know why this could be the case? Hmmm, maybe I need to pay more attention to that....

Here's hoping you all have a wonderful weekend!
-Wistfulgirl
Old 07-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,
Well, I'd been doing great all week, then yesterday, I got pulled into watching some old movies (a food trigger I've been trying to avoid) and ended up not so much binging but eating more than I should have. Then this morning I got into old patterns of thinking (i.e., deciding I was bored with my way of eating now, looking at a new diet, getting excited, planning for the "last supper" binge tomorrow, then doing the "what the ****" mode for today). So I bought a bunch of junk food at the 7-11 and ordered pizza. While eating the pizza, I looked more into the "new diet" I was planning on doing after I got through with the day and a half binge and suddenly it was just like "I don't want to do this - I don't want to eat junk food until I feel sick, I don't want to feel the irritability and fatigue and bloatedness I'll feel all day tomorrow, I don't want to go on this "fat phobic" doctor's diet. I've been doing so well for 2 weeks, feeling satisfied, feeling energetic..."

So today was a first for me. I tossed half of the pizza (it was a small) and the junk food which I hadn't touched yet (well, I did take a spoonful of ice cream ) and put it all in the dumpster outside my apartment building. And no binge tomorrow, no restrictive diet tomorrow, as of this minute, I'm back to what works for me and what makes me feel good. And that's that.

I'm very proud of myself because I know I can do this as long as I don't play games with myself. I think it was just stress gathering up, since this week was so hectic with the trainings and the teaching (and I'm a little ticked off at one of the job places - well,not ticked off but disappointed - the "mentor" was supposed to contact me within a few days with feedback on my assignment so I could move on and she hasn't. I did email the supervisor who apologized and said she'd check out what's going on. But they gave me a final date for the training and everything depends on this person getting back to me with feedback because I can't work ahead unless I have that. So I don't want to get screwed with the timing because of her.)

So now I'm stopping my work, going to relax for the rest of the evening.

Tam
Old 07-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #25  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Hi Guys! Sign me up for binge free days to come.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 166/163/120

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning,
Tammay that really is fantastic that you were able to stop right in the middle of a mistake-- what willpower. You go girl!

DD and I were heading to the Farmer's Market for fresh food and fun, but the rain is coming down, down, down-- fed, dressed, hair, teeth, makeup, contacts and nowhere to go until this infernal rain lets up!

Did not binge last night= day2 for me... yay!
~Wistfulgirl
Old 07-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Josephine--wow! I'm super impressed...I had no idea it was possible to go that long...I now have hope!

I had a slip up on Thursday, but Friday I got back on track, so I'm on Day 2 now.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #28  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I haven't really got a 'plan' at the moment, so I'm not on any day. But I'm thinking about going on detox so if I successfully manage that I'm hoping the return to on-plan will be easier.

Btw Joesphine I'm in awe! Well done
Old 07-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #29  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Flyby for me -

Binge-free and not messing up. Just have to make sure to eat enough..

Keep going, y'all!
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Well, despite my resolve, I wasn't able to stay away from a binge yesterday. And today I'm feeling just tired and overwhelmed which is not a good situation to be in. I knew this month was going to be very difficult with so much going on , but I'm starting to reconsider whether I want to continue with one of my trainings. The woman did get back to me, was very nice and apologetic, but I'm starting to think that their idea of giving students feedback is very different from mine and I'm not sure that I can would really enjoy working with them. I'm also thinking I took on too much at one time (or, rather, everything happened at one time) and I need to drop this job opportunity and focus on establishing myself with the first two. Financially I would be ok with that and then if I felt like I needed to add something else, I could go back on the job market and look around. I'm less worried about not getting work now, especially since I'll be established with two online universities, which would make me more attractive to others.

I'm going to let it ride for this week and see what happens. And I'm going to try not to feel too overwhelmed with everything and keep reminding myself that this is going to end by the middle of August and by September I will be much more settled.

Tam
Closed Thread