Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ June 23 - June 29

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 06-23-2008, 04:54 AM   #2  
RIP Little Debbie!

S/C/G: 148/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Wow! This is going to be a tough week. Since I buried my old pal, Little Debbie, I'm sure her friends will be along to TRY and "comfort" me. I can do it!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Wow, time for a new one already. I have to be careful this week because my senior prom is on Friday...I might get nervous, and you know what that might lead to

Last edited by Mongoose; 06-23-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Day 17 for me!! Whoo-hoo. Four days until my second reward (when I make it through day 20). I am very excited.; although I have no idea what my reward will be.

KrazyKatie- do not let Little Debbie taunt you LOL.

Mongoose- prom! What fun Are you excited about your dress and date?

I have nothing planned today. Other than to try and stay around the house not spending money
Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #5  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Today is day 8 for me. I am feeling strong, and hit a new (recent) low this morning of 132.2.

Workouts will be a challenge this week, though. Both kids are in camp, in different places. I need to drop my daughter off at 9, and my son at 9:30 (and it will take at least 20 minutes to get him there). I have to pick her up at 12 and him up at 1. I usually do a 9:30 class at the gym and if I can't make that, a noon class. Both of those are out, so I am going to have to be creative.

My Dad is having surgery tomorrow. He's having his thyroid removed, but the good news is that whatever the growth is, it is contained on the thyroid. He will have a radioactive iodine pill after the surgery, and shouldn't have to have any radiation or chemo. He's in really good health otherwise, so hopefully his recovery will be quick.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #6  

Day 7 for me!! I didn't eat great this weekend but I certainly did not binge either!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/158/140

Height: 5'7

Day One. 1300 calories eaten, exercised for an hour and walked 30 minutes.

I think being accountable in this thread might just do the trick.

Happy week to everyone.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #8  
Live from Red Sox Nation

S/C/G: 154/146.7/120

Height: 5 ft 3

I managed to be binge free last week. In fact I was right on plan. I lost about a pound and a half and I did my goal of buring 1100 calories through exercise...The only really fatty thing I had today was 3 pieces of bacon..I'm still at 13-1400 calories for the day
Old 06-23-2008, 11:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/187/150

Boy, I'm having a hard time. I am so trying to practice my self control tonight. I find that the longer I sit in front of this computer and read these posts - the longer I am out of the kitchen and not thinking directly of what I want to eat!!!

Besides, I am 1 week into this, 4 lbs down, 6 days of exercise. Why would I want to screw it up now? This craving too shall pass!!

Last edited by wannabnmaui; 06-23-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #10  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'm on day 104 binge-free, and still feeling good. This past week I was able to have single-servings of walnuts and they didn't trigger a binge or even any urges to continue snacking, yay! This was my first attempt in over 100 days to have nuts in the house and it was a success. I hope that means I've gained the control over them that I've seemingly gained over nut butters.

Wardhog, I'm hope your dad's surgery goes well today, I'll be thinking about him!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:49 AM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Hello all! Day 18 (I can feel day 20 in my sweet little hands ).

I am very tired today and definitely not walking. Poor DS threw up in the middle of the night, so DH and I of course had to clean him and everything up then had trouble falling back asleep, although we finally did. But I am hoping DS is all better when he wakes.

WardHog - on the new low weight!!! WTG. I hope things with your father's surgery go well.

Hooray, Mazda!!!

moonbeam65- Day one is always a refreshing start. I've actually had many Day ones in my binge-free journey

JennyMom- how awesome to have a whole binge-free week!

wannabnmaui- I hope your cravings passed.

Josephine- that is so awesome about the nuts. Good for you.

I hope everyone is off to a good day! I am exhausted LOL.

Last edited by Loveliam; 06-24-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 166/163/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone,
May I join you all this week? I’ve been lurking the last couple of weeks (fighting some health issues). However, I’m ready to jump in if you don’t mind. I’m on day TWO. Hopefully, I’ll be doing some calorie counting and blogging this week too, and possibly I’ll start exercising late in the week.
Best of luck for everybody to have a binge-free week!
(KrazyKatie—I’m with you, FIE on that little Debbie and all her ilk! J)
Old 06-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #13  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Hi everyone! It's day 9 here and I am holding strong. Dad came through the surgery fine and the doctor said it appears to be benign. The official pathology report should be ready on Monday. whew. He is already up and about and ready to come home, but he has to stay the night. My Mom is with him at the hospital.

Leigh, I hope your son is feeling better and you're able to get some rest.

Josephine, you are such an inspiration. I hope I will get to the point one day where I can look at a trigger food and not be tempted.

Jenny, mazda, wistful & maui - you guys are doing great! Stay strong.

Welcome, moonbeam.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yay Wardhog, I was hoping you'd post good news about your Dad. I'm so glad it appears to be benign! Yippee! Good job holding strong through the rough times!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #15  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Wardhog - so happy to hear things are going well with your father. May his health continue to improve.

Leigh - 20 days is soooo close now!!!

I've not been binging at all, keeping to my program. I basically eat the same things every day, and suddenly I wonder if I'm eating too much fat. Anyone care to analyze my diet??
Closed Thread