Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 AM   #16  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome northernsmile! "Even though iI overeat in private my excess poundage is there to all the world to see" -- so true, isn't it?

Today is Day 36 and I'm on plan. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow that is beginning to stress me and I'm worried that I'll have a hard time. Usually, I'm so stressed with these appointments that afterwards I binge for hours and hours as stress relief/reward for "getting through it". I know I don't want to do that tomorrow and I'm trying to plan what I'll do the moment I'm out of the doctor's office because I know the urge to o to a fast food place will be strong...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #17  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good luck tomorrow, Tyler.

I am facing some stress tomorrow, too. My husband is having sinus surgery - it's nothing major - it's just that I have to drive him around and sit at the hospital, etc., then take care of him for a couple of days. When I get out of my routine I tend to eat badly. I hope to stay on plan, and I am doing a 3 hour spin-a-thon on Saturday so maybe that will keep me busy and distracted.

I am on day 7 and feeling like I'm in the "zone." I went to the grocery store today and didn't even look at anything "bad."
Old 04-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #18  
Michelle the Vegan

Wardhog -- I hope your husband's surgery goes well! Changes in routine throw me for a loop, too, and for some reason I always associate waiting rooms (and airports) with the right to snack, snack, snack! At least we're aware of this and making plans!

Wow, a 3 hour spin-a-thon sounds really cool! Congrats on Day 7 and the "zone" feeling. I dearly love that feeling and I treasure the days when I feel that way!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-18-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #19  
Michelle the Vegan

Morning all!

Day 37 for me and I'm getting ready to go to my doc appointment. When it's over I'm going to go straight to Blockbuster and rent a movie I've been wanting to see and then come straight home. That's my reward for getting through the appointment -- a great movie, NOT food.

I hope everyone is feeling strong today!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #20  
Michelle the Vegan

Wow, it's so quiet, I feel like I'm talking to myself here, lol. I guess I am a little. Oh well! I made it through the stupid doctor's appt and didn't go nuts with food as a result of all the stress, so I'm very happy. I had all my planned meals and the day is ending very nicely with some ripe strawberries for dessert.

I hope everyone else is feeling strong today.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #21  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Great job, Tyler.

I was a bit shaky today, but also made it through on plan. day 8 - woo hoo!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #22  
Michelle the Vegan

Wardhog -- congrats on Day 8! Whoo hoo! I bet you're busy spinning right now and having a blast!

Day 38 here and I just finished my 7 mile run and I'm feeling like I'll have a good day. Yay!

I hope all our Chicks in Control have a great, happy, binge-free weekend!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

wow.. I hadn't seen this thread before... I didn't get to join in this week, but i'll be sure to as I start south beach (again) on Monday. I had started it with the DH a few weeks ago, but we cheated a bit and then my grandma died this past week, and I just caved and said I can't deal with it... so I'm starting agin with DH on Monday. The cool thing is that my parents are also starting again on Monday (they did it last year and lost tons! My mom lost 80lbs and I think my dad about 50!) And my sister is also starting it (she has never done it and does not have the support of the DH... )
Anyhow... i look forward to next weeks no binge week thread!
Old 04-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #24  
Michelle the Vegan

Welcome Tdiprincess! Sounds like you have a great plan!

I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother, I'm sure this is a tough time for your whole family.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #25  
Michelle the Vegan

I guess we'll say goodnight to this thread in a little while, tomorrow we'll have a whole new week to work on being good to ourselves!

Day 39 for me, looking forward to the 40s!
Closed Thread