Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 336/287/186

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm new but can I join?

I came here today to keep myself from binging. I'm off work today. I was browsing a People magazine when I saw a small blurb about this website. When 3 o'clock rolled around and I started to feel the urge to binge (like I do every day at 3), I came here instead. Ok, well first I are a 100 calorie Klondike bar, but then I came here. I'm hoping to find the support I can't find in my real life. I feel better about myself knowing that I chose to go a different direction today. Let's see if I can keep it up.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Penelope - that is a *great* idea to only eat in front of others. All of my binging is done is secret, so to implement that would be major!

iris - you can do it!

Lainey - fabulous job on recognizing when you are doing it. And to not binge over the weekend - that is wonderful! The weekends are the worst for me! I stress about thinking about what I need to get done, what I didn't get done, blah, blah, blah. Good for you!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Oh, & Chel, I didn't have this hard of time when I quit smoking, either. And this trying to control my binging is sure making me want to smoke again. But with two little ones at home, I just can't let myself pick up that habit again!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #19  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Wow - so many people joining this week's challenge - AWESOME! To all of you who are new, WELCOME! I am so glad you are here.

Penelope - good for you for making a binge avoidance plan. Sounds like it makes sense for you. We're here to cheer you on, Girl!

I'm excited about starting on another week. Did pretty well last wee - 7 days with not bingeing. Can't complain about that, huh? I haven't weighed myself this week (frankly, I'm afraid to..) but my jeans are definitely feeling looser.

Good luck, Everyone. Let's kick some binge-free butt!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #20  
Chel

Height: 5'5"

lainey- Great Job! I know... it feels good to feel like you're in control. Iv'e been just trying to stop myself too. It's been working and it's amazing how much good that does.

iris- yup... sometimes we just need to chill the heck out, huh? If I'd put my butt to bed at night when I got tired I would be much better off!

WELCOME, Lucky! I've been at 3fc since October. It's been such a blessing for me. I've lost only six pounds but hey it's better than squat, right? But I've also started running again after 10 years because the folks here are so helpful and encouraging. Everyone knows what you're going through so no one says stupid crap like... "just stop eatin' so much"

Birgit- YAY on 7 days!RA RA SHISH BOOM BA!!! (that was me cheering for ya... yeah... I wasn't that good at it in high school either)
If I went only by the scale I would be so depressed... I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks. BUT my jeans are fitting so much better.

Hey guys, it's 8:11PM... and I AM NOT EATING!!! I'm not even hungry! I don't even have that GOTTA HAVE CHOCOLATE thing goin' on... could it be? Could day 3 be DAY 3!?!?!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #21  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Yes, Chel - day 3 is day 3 - YEAH!!!! I am so proud of you. Now go to bed before that chocolate rears it's ugly head

And here's to looser pants
Old 02-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Penelope, I've totally been there, the "doing homework" thing as an excuse to lock myself away and eat my sorrows away. I'm really proud of you for coming up with a great plan, and taking baby steps is key. You can't always plan for tomorrow, but once you get used to the whole planning thing I think it will help you. Keep us posted, we're here for you!

Birgit, 7 days!
Chel, congrats on day 3!! You're kicking butt!!!!!!!

I'm on day 4, and my days are all messed up. I thought I was only on 3. This is quite encouraging. Yay! I'm determined to make it through this entire week at least.

Argh, I want to respond to everyone but I have limited time, so I will continue tomorrow!

Last edited by djs06; 02-04-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #23  

Today was day 6 for me i think.... I lost count because things are just spiralling out of control here. I don't think I will make it through the rest of today (an hour to go) let alone all of tomorrow. I feel crappy and my step mum has 3 different chocolates sitting on the coffee table right here in front of me.. not to mention all the other junk she has lying around the house. The woman eats 10 times more than me and NEVER gains weight *sigh* Anyways I know that this is a no negative thread so I'll leave it at that.

I think I might just go to bed now it would probably save me a lot of temptation and hassles. Sorry this is such a me post I just feel horrible.

I hope everyone is doing well and to those who are stuggling! We can do this! We just need to make sure we're thinking about what we're putting into our mouths and the consequences it will bring along with it!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 151/151/139

Height: 5*7

well here i am DAY 2 adn im feeling strong

from just one day of detoxing i lost 5 lb! that shows how much junk i ate! im getting through fat tuesday the tiny way!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #25  
Chel

Height: 5'5"

dana- you can do it! You're doing so good!

ashory- oh sweetie... I'm sorry... that's gotta be so tough. Have you talked to your step mum about needing more support from her. Maybe even direct her to some websites about emotional eating so she can read some other peoples stories so she knows it IS an issue that people have. Maybe if she understood a little more... it sounds like she has a problem too but since she doesn't have a weight problem she doesn't consider it a problem.

My husband didn't get it either. He would bring all of this crap into the house then give me this you shouldn't be eating that look or would make a smart arse remark about me eating all of the cookies. TICKED ME OFF! Then, when he quit smoking I told him I was gonna buy a pack of smokes and keep them on the coffee table and a cig in the bathroom (where he could sneak one) and put on in his car... then, he would understand what it's like to quit an addiction when there is always temptation! Now he tries to make healthier choices for me when he goes to the store. He still buys tempting stuff for me but at least it's getting a little better.

nyk- SUPER DUPER!!!

I'm on DAY FOUR!!!! I can't even believe it! I have to say, I'm pretty happy with myself right now. I feel pretty strong way stronger than I did on days 1 & 2!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #26  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi, I need to be in this thread. I am all of 1.5 days binge free and want to STAY that way. Unfortunately, I binge eat when I'm happy, sad, mad, stressed, depressed, celebrating, or when the wind blows from the north (or the south, or the east, or the west)... you get the picture.

Congrats to all who are hanging in there binge-free! I wanna be you when I grow up.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I ate blue chips with cheese on them last night along with a few glasses of wine.... darn. I'm thinking I need to DUMP the wine, the chips, any munches that aren't constructive to my PLAN and this was way off. Would you believe I looked at the calories in those "health food" chips this am and it's over 100 calories for 6-8 chips. That doesn't make sense to me, it doesn't seem like it would have been that much of a binge but it was, a plate of them. However in my "old days" it would have been a large plate, not a small one, that's progress. I was upset about some work stuff, and I was tired, and I didn't want to cook. I'm going to have to have a plan for these times rather then pig out - I know the cycle, I get down, I want to eat, if I eat junk I feel worse about myself... a downward cycle. I like the upward cycle, I eat right, stay on track, exercise, feel more energy, have a regular schedule, am a nicer person to be around! It seems that food is an addiction in a way, sure chips and junk somehow feel good. Ok, binge free the rest of the week, anyone want a bag a blue chips?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #28  
Buzzy little bee

S/C/G: 203/174/153

Height: 5ft 6

Today so far so good - but it's 6.36pm here and after a long day I am feeling tired already, so I am planning on going to bed early, if I don't I know the fridge and the pantry will come calling at 9pm and I will to too tired to resist. So I am off for a bath, manicure and bed by 9pm.

Hope you all having a great day too X x
Old 02-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #29  

Ash, never apologize for a "me" post!! You are such a great source of support for us (and I bet it's true in "real life" too), you should certainly make it a point to lean on others as much as you need to! Now, how was the rest of your day? Did you make it through and go to bed early? I've found that when I feel like that, if I come home, make myself some sleepytime or chamomile tea, and drink it in bed all tucked in, sometimes that's enough comfort. SOMETIMES. haha. About all the food- can you tell your stepmom to just try and keep it away from you unless she wants it to just disappear? I can relate- my mother had WLS a few years ago now she *can* (and has to) control herself around the junk.. but that just meant more for me and my dad. When I was home over winter break I noticed she'd started putting the junk food out in the garage, which was helpful because since someone always seemed to be in the room that lead into the garage, it would be pretty obvious what I was going there for. Plus it was out of sight so sometimes, to my shock, I would forget about it (until I was emotional and ready for a binge, of course). Just moving the food a little bit made it almost unaccessible. Maybe you can convince your stepmom to do the same? Or just telling her you're trying to be healthier, can she please keep that stuff to herself? I don't know what kind of relationship you have, but go from there. Feel free to PM me if you want to vent I really hope today is better for you.

Chel, DAY 4!! Good for you! It feels so empowering, doesn't it? Be proud of yourself, chica. I'm glad you joined the exercise accountability thread too, that one's really helpful! Keep up the good work!

Tyler, We're glad to have you, and I'm positive we can all relate to what you said! That wind!!! It can be really difficult to reframe your emotions and coping mechanisms, but can totally be done. Hope to see you around here often.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #30  

Too funny, we all posted at the same time!

Horsey, I'm all for dumping what you can't control yourself around. Any step in the right direction is PROGRESS, you are absolutely right. Just keep thinking about how great you are during your upward cycle, and how good you're being to yourself. You can do it

Delicious, good for you for taking time to yourself! Channeling your energy into making yourself feel good/pampered/pretty is a wonderful alternative to many of our usual unmentionable coping mechanisms. Have a great night, and congrats on the good day.

And LuckyR, I must have missed your post yesterday.... We're glad to have you here. This forum is a great alternative to snacking.. keeps your hands and mind occupied

Last edited by djs06; 02-05-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Closed Thread