Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 116/114/95

Height: 5'0"

Default Don't know where I fit in, looking for a bud

I'm not sure where I should be on here but I need some help.

I'm 53 but I don't just want to hang around with only the over 50s.

I'm a bald Jewish Buddhist vegan pacifist so progressive I'm almost purple politically but don't think I'm young or Goth enough for the Alternachicks.

I'm way way depressed and angry but I'm not on meds so I don't know if I qualify to be in the Depression section.

I have about 16 pounds to lose, so I suppose I could be in the Featherweights, but

my real problem is that I am a very lonely, physically and culturally isolated person and I use food to deal with all my problems and I do have a problem with bingeing, so I came here.

I've been overweight all my life. Three years ago I took Buddhist precepts and became a vegetarian, lost 47 pounds. Then I changed jobs and gained 20 back. Now I'm vegan and trying again. I'm kind of eccentric and do not drive, i live in the middle of nowhere in a red state, and except for work in a very boring repetitive job with people who could be on another planet from me and talking to my husband I communicate in no real way with other human beings except via the Internet, where, amongst other things, I've managed to teach myself four languages. Unfortunately, i don't have anyone to speak them with.

My husband has been unemployed for going on four years now, and we live with his 83 year old mother, who is frankly stark raving nuts, and amongst other problems, has raging hoarding and spending OCD and borderline personality disorder.

I wish I had a grrlbud with which to vent and maybe then I wouldn't binge so much.
fkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #2  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, fkwan. I don't have much in common with you, but I can sympathize with your struggle with weight. And I'm not sure where I fit in either, so I guess that's two things we do have in common!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #3  
Work it!

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'3"

VEGAN LOVE!! Welcome, welcome!

I'm also considered eccentric and a pacifist, WISH I lived in the middle of nowhere, and believe a lot (if not all) of the Buddhist beliefs. Though, I'm certainly not at your weight level, I can understand being overweight your entire life.

It seems we've got plenty in common! Btw, if you'd like natural help with your depression and anger I am more than willing to help you out with some distance Reiki.

Last edited by Jewelieta; 02-01-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Jewelieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #4  

Hi Jewelieta,

Vegan luv back! I used to live in Alexandria and Ballston, but I haven't been back in like more than 30 years.

I used to have a vegan friend who was a Reiki master but I never got her to do anything at any distance. I'd love to know more about it.

I used to be 150 pounds which is not really really bad but trust me, it caused all the trouble even larger amounts of weight cause, especially arthritis. It's also harder for me to lose the stupid 16 pounds again than the original 47 because I'm still bingeing (vegan oatmeal raisin cookies rule!).

Serena C ((hug)), thanx.

Gotta go home now.

J, do you know anything about raw diets?

f
Old 02-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #5  
Work it!

fkwan - Other than a raw diet being the "best thing ever" I'm not well versed in it. In my opinion, a raw diet is the real diet of the earth. I believe that we were given everything we needed survive without having to take life in order to thrive. I hope to one day ascend to a raw diet. Right now it's just all about the funds. Organic produce is soooo expensive.

About the Reiki - You obviously know what Reiki is - yay! Well, a distance healing has the same effect as a hands on session. Energy knows neither space nor time so distance healings come in handy. We can pick a time that works for both of us. I'm free all weekend - just let me know!
Old 02-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Fkwan ^^

I almost don't feel cool enough whilst typing this to be talking to you!

I just wanted to say that you don't have to "fit in" in just one place. Heck, I don't. I'm all over the board. Maybe no one wants me in any one place ; ; Okay enough feeling sorry for myself.

The gals (and guys!) over in the Alternachicks area aren't just the young & the gothic And there are some pretty fun 50 + year olds in the 50+ area, too! In fact, there's a member named Spinymouse, who, although she hasn't been around much in the past few weeks, super reminds me of you! And you of her a bit I bet you two would have some interesting discussions.

Oh! And just so you know there's a Buddhist section, too, in the support area under Faith Based ^^

I prefer people who don't just fall into one category, anyways We're all madly different.

Anyway, best of luck & do so hope to see you around!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #7  

Hey Faerie,

Quote:
I almost don't feel cool enough whilst typing this to be talking to you!

I just wanted to say that you don't have to "fit in" in just one place. Heck, I don't. I'm all over the board. Maybe no one wants me in any one place ; ; Okay enough feeling sorry for myself.
Anyone who says "whilst" is at the Everest of cool as far as I am concerned. Are you a Brit? Besides all my other eccentricities, I am a Scot at heart married to a Scot American. I was on my way to visit the UK 28 years ago and took an um, detour and ended up married to this dude in Texas...

Quote:
The gals (and guys!) over in the Alternachicks area aren't just the young & the gothic And there are some pretty fun 50 + year olds in the 50+ area, too! In fact, there's a member named Spinymouse, who, although she hasn't been around much in the past few weeks, super reminds me of you! And you of her a bit I bet you two would have some interesting discussions.
I plan to visit both of those places. I have never been to such an abundant board, so I kind of didn't know how many places I could post without looking obnoxious or tacky.

Quote:
Oh! And just so you know there's a Buddhist section, too, in the support area under Faith Based ^^
Thanks, I checked it out.

Really appreciate all the support!

f
Old 02-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

!!!

Thanks! I don't think I've ever felt cooler now No, no. Not British. I'm a New Englander.

And that is QUITE a detour!

I know, this forum is HUGE! Honestly, if anyone is obnoxious or tacky it'd be me. I post more than is probably healthy. Hrm. Perhaps I should find a hobby. ^^

I'm off for now! See you around
Old 02-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #9  
Work it!

Faerie, I'm glad I'm not the only who feels that way. I just jumped right in and started posting where I thought I could be of help or needed help. Some have been receptive, some not. Oh well, I'm not gonna worry 'bout it. I think you're super cool. And, you know, it's all about what I think that matters! lol jk
Old 02-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelieta View Post
Faerie, I'm glad I'm not the only who feels that way. I just jumped right in and started posting where I thought I could be of help or needed help. Some have been receptive, some not. Oh well, I'm not gonna worry 'bout it. I think you're super cool. And, you know, it's all about what I think that matters! lol jk
Well then it's excellent news that I'm in your good graces

But you're right. As long as we're staying positive and supporting people on the boards to the best of our abilities and with the right intentions, then we're good
Old 02-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #11  
Work it!

lol You and I are gonna get along just fiiiiiiiine.

Last edited by Jewelieta; 02-02-2008 at 02:16 PM.