Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Chicks in control opinons please :)

So, the cyber bingers thread is getting a bit long -- a new one needs to be started. WELL, we also have the cyber purgers thread that needs to be refreshed. And, we also used to have a binge free challenge thread (it was a weekly check in sort of thing) but it seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. Since we have so many lovely new people and some of us veterans around, I think we need to decide what we should do with the threads. What does everyone want to do? I just think having two cyber threads will be confusing to newbies -- should we combine them into one? I actually prefer the "binger" title because I'm not fond of the word "purger" and it has confused people in the past because they thought was just for bulimics. What about the challenge thread? Anyone want to ressurrect that? Or we could just use the cyber thread for all three purposes -- confessing our real binges, typing out our wishful binges, checking in with our progress, general chatterings about life, anything else we want to talk about? Anyone have a brillant idea? I know you are all sharp chickies. NEWBIES answer too!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #2  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

My thoughts:

One thread for wishful and actual binges. One thread for the challenge. So--two threads. I agree with you on the "binge" wording.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #3  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I like having two threads. Sometimes I dont like to read about what other people binge on and just want to keep myself accountable for the days I do not binge. I really like having a binge free challenge thread. It's so positive and inspiring.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Hey Harpo - Thank you for bringing that up To be honest, I don't think that combining the Cyber Binge and Purge threads into one would work very well for me. When I'm trying to write down a binge rather then cave in to it, it's not going to help me to read what other people have already eaten. However, changing the 'Purge' part of the name might be a good idea.

It would be great to have the Challenge thread back.

I hardly have time to come to the forums any more, with work and school. So if you'd like to start a new Cyber Bingers thread (or whatever it becomes) without me, I'm fine with it.

to everyone.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #5  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

personally i wouldn't mind combining the binge and wish-binge thread, though I see how that could be damaging for some people - so...maybe keep them as two but give them different names, like 'Resisting' and 'Blips'?
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Okay, you 100 or so lurkers can chime in anytime

I agree with the binge free challenge thread. I like it too. I think we all forget about it and it falls by the wayside. I'll make sure that a new one gets started every week, even if no one posts the week before.

I think it's best to go ahead and have two separate threads, because I know others feel the way Penelope feels. I'm still brainstorming names though. I want the threads to have names that are very clear in their purpose. I just thought of one for the "purge" thread using part of me23's suggestion: "Binge slip ups and blips: binge confessions. I kind of like that. And the other one -- "binge wants and wishes: getting it out before putting it in" I'll think about it more.

Any more suggestions?
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

I'm for one binge thread - for both actual & thought binges. And a separate thread for the challenge.
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257.5/174.5/150

Height: 5'5"

ditto. one thread, and i love the names.
fabat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Harpo - Those names sound great
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote